Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personally, I think i'll be more than satisfied with retail + vanilla along with the other games I'd like to play.
    Mother pus bucket!

I originally ended up rolling a mage in TBC after "retiring" my paladin, although paladins were greatly improved with TBC. Every class was substantially improved. Too bad we cant really relive the excitement of TBC in its original form, well except for the people that weren't around back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, it's a given. Same goes for WoTLK.

Almost free bigbucks for Blizz.
    more about when than if. late 2021 or 2022 is what im guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Divine Storm was added to Retribution spec and it absolutely wrecked. Would be fun to see that incarnation again in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    I remember when Divine Storm was added to Retribution spec and it absolutely wrecked. Would be fun to see that incarnation again in the game.
    That's Wotlk mate, TBC added Crusader Strike.

Played warrior and priest in classic, rerolled hunter and resto druid.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Depends on the patch but in TBC you can play any class and do well in PVE. Ret is no longer a meme, in 2.4 it's actually very decent, Feral druids are real tanks and can even do very respectable dps when in cat spec.. That said I will play Fury Warrior, it's not as OP as it is in Classic but it's still one of the strongest specs in a well balanced raid comp.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    more about when than if. late 2021 or 2022 is what im guessing.
    Late 2022 for wrath, sure.

Tbc? Not a rat's arse chance that's going to come out in late 2021. That's far far too long away. That would mean way too many months of naxx and the people who care not for classic getting bored of waiting.

I am endlessly having to remind people on this forum that there are thousands, probably tens if not over 100k people who have nilch, nada, zero interest in vanilla and are excited for TBC. Why should that crowd have to wait an inordinately long delay just so naxx can be out for far far longer than it needs to be?
    Last edited by Will; 2020-07-05 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just wondering, with TBC all but confirmed, what class/spec have you enjoyed in Classic that you wont continue into TBC.

Is the move to TBC enough to make you bench you Classic main to a new TBC main? If so, what are you changing from/to and why?
    I played hunter, warrior and rogue in vanilla, but went with the arms warrior throughout The Burning Crusade in 2007 with a highend guild and reached gladiator in PvP a few times.

It was fun because of how everything inside the game and IRL was back then. Good times. Warrior was strong but also frustrating: Always rooted.

This time around I'll play something else--I don't see any point in having the same experience twice.

I member warlocks and resto druid being soul crushingly OP in pvp
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Tbc? Not a rat's arse chance that's going to come out in late 2021. That's far far too long away. That would mean way too many months of naxx and the people who care not for classic getting bored of waiting.

I am endlessly having to remind people on this forum that there are thousands, probably tens if not over 100k people who have nilch, nada, zero interest in vanilla and are excited for TBC. Why should that crowd have to wait an inordinately long delay just so naxx can be out for far far longer than it needs to be?
    Blizzard does not care about your or my personal desire, they will do whatever they deem most profitable for them as a business.

Because the hundreds of thousands of active raiders currently in classic, that have per Blizzard's own admission doubled their total sub numbers, would be incredibly furious if Blizzard rushed the Naxx farm. People want their chance to get full T3 or at least a good reasonable amount of it. they may also want a reprieve instead of just rushing from Naxx to BC.

So let me ask this, as someone who'll throw out his classic warrior in favor of paladin once BC comes out and would eagerly play if it came out today, what would Blizzard have to gain by rushing BC? Making a bunch of people that are very likely going to play BC anyway happy they got it earlier while greatly angering many raiders today?

Nothing that's what. They benefit by having classic take longer, within a reasonable timeframe, so that people have time to get a comfortable relaxed time farming AQ then the same for Naxx, they make more money and they keep the current player base happy as opposed to potential customers.

That's also ignoring the fact Blizzard still actually has to make BC and release it, which isn't as simple as people make it out to be especially in the middle of the worst global health crisis in a century. That fact alone may significantly delay BC.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2020-07-07 at 08:19 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Paladin and priest for sure. I can finally play a prot pally without overly worrying about mana and spriest will be a decent DoT class that is invaluable for raid healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    I played hunter, warrior and rogue in vanilla, but went with the arms warrior throughout The Burning Crusade in 2007 with a highend guild and reached gladiator in PvP a few times.

It was fun because of how everything inside the game and IRL was back then. Good times. Warrior was strong but also frustrating: Always rooted.

This time around I'll play something else--I don't see any point in having the same experience twice.
    Same. I rolled pretty well with my lock and warrior in tBC. Easy classes when I could perform well in my first MMO experience. I'll definitely do it differently even if I have to relevel from one.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Just wondering, with TBC all but confirmed, what class/spec have you enjoyed in Classic that you wont continue into TBC.

Is the move to TBC enough to make you bench you Classic main to a new TBC main? If so, what are you changing from/to and why?
    Yes, it is simple there will be too many Warriors playing from Classic and not enough Warlocks.

60 Priest, 53 Rogue (I'm so lazy to finish this), and 18 Shaman. I'll get the Shaman to 60 before Classic TBC and then decide with my guild if I push the Priest to 70 to continue healing or if I go Shaman. Rogue will just be a grinding/farming alt.

I honestly don't know what I want to play come TBC. It's going to depend on what faction my guild ends up playing and how blizzard is handling the character creation on these server. If it's horde I'll likely play a ret paladin. If not then I might just continue my warrior or priest as a dps if this is an option. If I can't carry over my classic characters then I'll likely just play a resto shaman, druid or hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Because there is most likely much bigger crowd than that currently playing Classic and wants to move naturally from current Classic to TBC:Classic. Not everyone can be a special snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Because there is most likely much bigger crowd than that currently playing Classic and wants to move naturally from current Classic to TBC:Classic. Not everyone can be a special snowflake.
    I highly, highly doubt that there's a larger crowd wanting to linearly progress. I suspect the massively larger crowd are the TBC ones waiting in the wings with zero interest in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Blizzard does not care about your or my personal desire, they will do whatever they deem most profitable for them as a business.
    Which is not leaving TBC too late. Delaying too long will cost them more money in the long run. Honestly, the crowd of people who want to farm naxx for a good length of time and then linearly progress to TBC when they're ready is probably much much smaller than you think -- certainly much smaller than the huge number of players who started in TBC and literally couldn't care less about classic, which is exactly what I said in the post you just quoted.

Never played holy pally cause i got banned in Vanilla, but all I remember is only having 3 spells for TBC: short cast heal, long cast heat and instant holy shock and that was it

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Playing an alliance rogue in classic but will reroll to a shaman when tbc hits.

I just like shaman the most from tbc and forward (played resto shaman för 8 years).

So will either play resto or enhancment in the possible classic tbc and keep the rogue as my farming/pvp alt.
    Same here.

If BFA is a $hitshow, which it currently is going to be.

I'll do my 1st tier and evaluate and if no gucci, reroll TBC. Granted if it's out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    WotLK pre-patch. It won't be in the game until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePainTrain69 View Post
    Never played holy pally cause i got banned in Vanilla, but all I remember is only having 3 spells for TBC: short cast heal, long cast heat and instant holy shock and that was it
    If you're using Holy shock to heal in TBC you're "probably" doing it wrong. But there was also Blessing of Sacrifice, and Cleanse. So I see your 3 abilities and raise you... one more ability... :P

OT: No, because I didn't roll mage in Vanilla; and Mage is just about the only class that isn't stupid/broken/dumb in vanilla. Alternatively, Mage is the class that is most stupid/broken/dumb in Vanilla so it didn't need a lot of changing. I guess it depends on where you're onlooking from.

Sincerely hoping that Hunter is as fun in TBC, having a lot of fun with the vanilla one; although PvE DPS is dull
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2020-07-20 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.