Poll: What did you think of the Stream?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Huge delays. Months of hype. And that's what we got? I mean.... really? Pretty much a giant nothing burger with an empty soda.

I was expecting a release date, a new cinematic, prepatch details and confirmation that Covenants were going to be scraped or heavily reworked so that they aren't broken. Instead we get Ion talking about Vampire Dance Parties and another Mission Table.

How disappointed were you guys with this dev stream? Were your expectations met? Let me know down below because I'm sure there's plenty who agree with me.
    you expected too much. theres plenty that agree with you, and there are probably as many that dont. but dont let that stop you from being salty.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    May we have some source for this ridiculousness? Because I've literally never heard this before.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html

Fall (autumn) begins on the fall equinox - 22 Sept
    Winter begins on the winter solstice. - 21 Dec

that being said, most people don't use that and when someone says "fall" or "autumn" they mean the months September, October, November.

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the only things I liked were that you'll no longer need keys/currency/points or w/e to access Tor'ghast, and those Covenant associated minigames. I love those nifty, non mandatory and non intrusive side games.

But the rest was nothing to write home about - and more specifically, nothing about balance, there are certain specs which are pretty much broken (shadow, arcane, guardian) from a playability PoV. Also all melee are getting even more mobility than in BfA, even the "wheelchair" classes such as DKs or Paladins, while e.g. Shimmer is being nerfed and Displacement (arcane) was outright removed. PvP in SL will be hilariously biased towards melee, if nothing changes.

Really hope there will be class-specific "deep dives" in the following months, as well as a lot more info about how are covenants/soulbinds are actually going to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Huge delays. Months of hype. And that's what we got? I mean.... really? Pretty much a giant nothing burger with an empty soda.

I was expecting a release date, a new cinematic, prepatch details and confirmation that Covenants were going to be scraped or heavily reworked so that they aren't broken. Instead we get Ion talking about Vampire Dance Parties and another Mission Table.

How disappointed were you guys with this dev stream? Were your expectations met? Let me know down below because I'm sure there's plenty who agree with me.
    Expansion is still like at least 4 months away maybe more. What were you expecting? There is only so much innovation they can do using a 20 year old engine that has had a few under the hood updates but there will always be limitations until they make a new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Expansion is still like at least 4 months away maybe more. What were you expecting? There is only so much innovation they can do using a 20 year old engine that has had a few under the hood updates but there will always be limitations until they make a new engine.
    I was expecting more than what we got. And what we got was bare minimum/lazy.

Thankfully WoW is not the only game that exists.

7+ Year Old Account

"Huge delays"
    What? the expansion has never been delayed...
    "Months of hype"
    What? do you mean the thing yesterday? it had 1 week, there was a week before but it got postponed for obvious reasons.

You expecting a release date is stupid, most expansion release their release date only 2 months before launch, so if we expect it to be november, we wont see a release date till august or september.
    A new cinematic? yeah no not this early
    Prepatch is super minor, that wont be till later
    "Confirmation covenents were goign to be scrapped" lol the fucking expansion aint even out yet, you serious? they said if it doesent work they will scrap it, but that will be after launch, we havent even gotten it yet.

Also the new mission table is amazing, and vampire dance parties are also amazing, idk what your doing, but the rest of us are playing games to HAVE FUN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    To be fair, Blizzard themselves didn't hype the stream. Players did that all by themselves. I was hoping for a release date at the very least though, so I'm slightly miffed about that.
    release dates usually arnt given until 2 months before release, so we are still 2-3 months away.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    and lets also pretend that we saw a lot of the expansion already in the alpha?
    Lol, the announcement of Shadowlands was lackluster and people expected it to be early in development and more would be added later but this new stream seems to indicate the entire expansion to be just this empty shell of a game.

Definitely not buying this junk.

It has like 2 dungeons and 1 raid. No Horde and Alliance storylines. No notable characters. Only these asspulled covenants that only speak to certain classes or races while leaving the rest alienated. As an Orc, Tauren or Troll player why should I care about a Paladin covenant, Druid covenant, Scourge covenant or Vampire covenant? None feel exciting or fitting to my races.

It seems like another filler expansion like Mists of Pandaria. But even worse is there doesn't seem any story progression either. You could skip this expansion and miss nothing.

The entire game seems to revolve around Torghast, which should only be a part of the expansion and not the entire thing. It's some stupid carrot on a stick type gameplay to keep you hooked forever while not developing the story. The entire game seems to be focused on these stupid systems. Mission tables, garrison upgrades and play it on your phone.

The only good thing coming this expansion is the character customization. But I won't get it just for that.

No thans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    We already knew 90% of the stuff he said.

The only news was that they removed the keys from Torghast.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, it was clearly directed at people who did not follow alpha development, since nothing new was announced.

But I must say that I'm pretty disappointed too, because this stream does not warrant at all the one month delay, since nothing in it was so exciting that it would distract from "more important voices". It was a spoken blogpost, nothing more.
    Tons of new stuff was announced, what are you talking about?
    As someone who has literally been playing the alpha, there was tons of new news.

Abomination factory
    soul garden
    path of ascension
    revendreth parties
    renown
    transportation networks
    the beta next week
    blessing of seasons overhaul
    torghast no key cost
    unlocking world map

all of this is news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I expected more. Would have been nice to hear about a rough release date goal and prepatch info.
    "Rough release date goal"
    Before 2021, there ya go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That virus can be largely ignored. Remember that they still have tools to work at home.
    They did not at the start, it set them back a FAIR bit to get everyone set up to work from home, cause they had to do stuff like buy more copies of programs, get people set up with faster internet, get people internet in the first place (yeah some people aint got internet at home, wtf) set up a framework for working from home, etc, it was a lot of work, but hey if people get sick they are taking care of them WELL

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    what do you care? you've stated pretty clearly in previous threads that you're not buying the expansion, so why would you even give a shit
    Because like most people who claim to be done with WoW but are still active on these forums, he still plays.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    The build an abomination thing was even already announced at Blizzcon and none of the other things sounded amazing. You get to kill some boss. You have your own garden. Ok.
    they announced it but didnt say anything about it.
    actually knowing it is maldraxus covenent only, and that you build a seperate one which gives it different ablities and uses and can go from world combat to gathering benefits is all new info, literally back at blizzcon we just had a name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It was mentioned sideways, but what i get from the scarce info is one key point: "turn based". I think they're really going for something you're not really interacting with during the game, but instead most of its management is done offline via the mobile app.
    It is really fun, basically you line npcs up, you organize them, maybe tanks in front heals in back, but oh this one enemy is gunna attack your back liners so maybe your healer in the front beside the tank, and oh you got a ranged dps put him in the back, etc. and then you send em off, and they battle, and then it takes X time for them to recover the loot, its pretty fun if you are into stuff like team fight tactics, auto chess, or hearthstone battlegrounds. Of course its super basic, but its still MUCH better then our current rock paper scissors.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the poll results, it's easy to see most people agree with me.
    because you made a biased poll.

Also no, most people DONT agree with you, the most minority of people agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

What you got was bare minimum/lazy
    What you got was you looking at a frozen picture cause you pressed pause at the start of the stream and didnt notice.
    While the rest of us got a beta release date of next week
    some of us got beta then and there
    we also got information on each covenents special buildings
    more info on how conduits work
    the weekly progress in the game
    how world quest and world unlocking will work
    transportation
    collectors edition reveal
    and more confirmation it has not been delayed to 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Lol, the announcement of Shadowlands was lackluster and people expected it to be early in development and more would be added later but this new stream seems to indicate the entire expansion to be just this empty shell of a game.

It has like 2 dungeons and 1 raid. No Horde and Alliance storylines. No notable characters. Only these asspulled covenants that only speak to certain classes or races while leaving the rest alienated. As an Orc, Tauren or Troll player why should I care about a Paladin covenant, Druid covenant, Scourge covenant or Vampire covenant? None feel exciting or fitting to my races.

It seems like another filler expansion like Mists of Pandaria. But even worse is there doesn't seem any story progression either. You could skip this expansion and miss nothing.

The entire game seems to revolve around Torghast, which should only be a part of the expansion and not the entire thing. It's some stupid carrot on a stick type gameplay to keep you hooked forever while not developing the story. The entire game seems to be focused on these stupid systems. Mission tables, garrison upgrades and play it on your phone.

The only good thing coming this expansion is the character customization. But I won't get it just for that.

No thans.
    "2 dungeons and 1 raid"
    w...what? it has way more then 2 dungeons and 1 raid, what you bloody talking about?
    yes it has 1 raid AT LAUNCH but guess what other expansions had 1 raid at launch?
    Vanilla
    Wod
    Legion
    BFA
    so about half

No notable charecters?
    Kalethas
    uther
    Sylvanas
    helya
    baine
    jaina
    thrall
    tyrande
    millhouse and his wife
    draka
    alexandros mograine
    darion
    bolvar
    vashjr
    kelthuzad
    ysera
    cenarius
    anduin

and those are the ones we have seen SO FAR

"only these asspulled covenents that only speak to certain classes or races" what the fuck? That is not even true they accept all races/classes
    "As an orc tauren or troll should i care about the paladin covenent" it has nothing to do with paladins, especially since the like THE PALADIN UTHER hates it and fights against them. they are not class or race based, they are the after life.
    A naga sea witch shaman, a warrior orc, literal lich, and a paladin human all end up together in the "scourge covenent"

"The game should not be based around fun gameplay" ok then, dont play, the rest of us are gunna be having a BLAST in torghast, i have myself spent hundreds of hours in there already.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Tons of new stuff was announced, what are you talking about?
    As someone who has literally been playing the alpha, there was tons of new news.

Abomination factory
    soul garden
    path of ascension
    revendreth parties
    renown
    transportation networks
    the beta next week
    blessing of seasons overhaul
    torghast no key cost
    unlocking world map

all of this is news.
    Okay. Nothing meaningful was announced. The covenant sanctum parts are more "nice to have", as are all the other things. Transportation networks were already hinted at. Reknown was announced at Blizzcon (maybe not with that specific name). Beta is no content. Torghast keys could change anytime, as it did in the past. Seasons are not overhauled. World map unlocking is just another way of unlocking worldquests. Besides the sanctums this are not news.

But there's much missing. Foremost: Any specific conduit effect. For a major gameplay feature it's strange that we don't have seen any effect yet. Further: Legendary items for all classes. Changes for classes not yet touched. Comments on what their plan is if (inevitably) one covenant outshines all of the others. Specific comments on how alt progression will get easier. Things like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That virus can be largely ignored. Remember that they still have tools to work at home.
    Not like it was set up over night, and still makes collaboration a bit more difficult, I know someone who is a game dev and she doesn't like being stuck at home all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post

No thans.
    2 Dungeons: Wrong
    1 raid: it's only the beginning of the expansion...but I forgot, BWL was live at the launch of Vanilla...we were able to run BT as soon as we hit 70 in BC...remember how fast the Lich King was downed once people pinged to 80?!?
    No notable characters....fuck I'm gonna stop right here, you obviously are gonna lie your ass off because you want to just hate the game, you aren't worth the time.

So its Daronokk secondary account of DUMBo, I mean... idiotdungO? I mean... whatever

The bread and butter of this thread is about half of the world uses wrong system to identify the seasons, good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Solarblue View Post
    So its Daronokk secondary account of DUMBo, I mean... idiotdungO? I mean... whatever

The bread and butter of this thread is about half of the world uses wrong system to identify the seasons, good to know
    Resorting to insults doesn't detract my previous points. When are you going to wake up and smell that coffee? Shadowlands has HUGE issues on the horizon and we are in for one bumpy ride if things go ahead as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    >Offer half-baked classes to play
    >Build the following systems to go through:
    >Covenants grind
    >Souldbinds grind
    >Conduit grind
    >Renown weekly grind
    >Sanctum Upgrades grind
    >Anima Conductor grind
    >Torghast Legendary mats grind

This is the problem i have. They put resources and man/hours into all that windmill crap, but instead they should have put most effort into making ALL classes and ALL specs fun to play, so players woudnt even want to level alts.

Because leveling alts looking at all that shitton of systems is a mental suicide. Systems arent content, and imagine doing all that shit on multiple characters. There are basically the amount of systems equal to systems from WOD+LEGION+BFA combined. What the hell.
    I can grand it no problem but one condition: account wide progress is a must. Grind progress should be shared for all chars.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Resorting to insults doesn't detract my previous points. When are you going to wake up and smell that coffee? Shadowlands has HUGE issues on the horizon and we are in for one bumpy ride if things go ahead as they are.
    people have obliterated your previous posts but you ignore them. when are you going to wake up and smell what you're shovelling?

Another dumb thread. Lock this one up mods.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    After all news from yesterday you still think it's "lazy bare minimum"? I don't care if you like news, just talking about amount of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Because like most people who claim to be done with WoW but are still active on these forums, he still plays.
    Is this text sent to every fanboy as an instruction from Blizzard? I keep seeing it, yet no evidence that anyone actualy still plays this shitty game while complaining about it.