Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I find it funny since today is 30 days to the day that the investor call for this quarter will take place. (If you take into account the 2019 conference call date)

So they have to boost those numbers with another 6 month sub mount. The best part for them is that this means the subs will be around for another conference call after this one on November 17th (Q3 2020). So expect 30 days out from Q4 2020, which would be January 6th, to see another 6 month sub mount. There will always be the defenders and detractors for a company but if you defend this shit for a game that is 15+ a month and full purchase expacs, then you've been brainwashed by a billion dollar company. Congrats.
    You dropped your tinfoil hat, lemme pick it up for ya. Theeeere ya go. Now you can proceed to ramble nonsense.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    They release the 6 month mount whale grabs when the content sucks. So you tell me. Its a drought RN
    They have released the last mounts in 3 consecutive 6 month terms. Boat 09-18, Dreamer 06-19, Rat 01-20, Dragon 06-20. So that's 1,5 years of content drought?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I find it funny since today is 30 days to the day that the investor call for this quarter will take place. (If you take into account the 2019 conference call date)

So they have to boost those numbers with another 6 month sub mount. The best part for them is that this means the subs will be around for another conference call after this one on November 17th (Q3 2020). So expect 30 days out from Q4 2020, which would be January 6th, to see another 6 month sub mount. There will always be the defenders and detractors for a company but if you defend this shit for a game that is 15+ a month and full purchase expacs, then you've been brainwashed by a billion dollar company. Congrats.
    1. you know they will be talking about second quarter right? which ended a few weeks back... so this wont effect this upcoming investory call AT ALL
    2. why 30 days exactly? you know they prep this stuff weeks ahead of time, its not something they do last second
    3. wow you really are just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I think I enjoy reading people's complaining salty tears more than I do getting a free mount for being subbed on a 6 month sub.
    You pay for 6 months that are literally unknown for the game. You have no idea if you will enjoy late BFA, pre-patch and early SL... but you already paid so it can be totally dogshit experience. Blizzard is happy scamming and exploiting you for that.

... and btw... stop blindly believe it is free. You pay full money and after that 'promotion' is gone it will become normal in-game shop mount.

I mean, if you don't play the game any more, why are you even posting complaining about this. Is it some "must complain behind my monitor" complex?
    Because i'd love to be back my beloved game and these malicious intents from Bli$$ard are sickening.

If you do play but not on a 6 month sub model, and you want it, there are other ways to get it.
    Do you mean... just pay anyway?

And if you still play but don't like it, then don't get it?
    Do you mean... just don't buy it?
    Thanks. That solves all problems with the game, dude.

I have no problem people voicing constructive criticism but 90% of the complaints aren't constructive, just ye olde "lul bli$$ard sell outs".
    What would be constructive criticism for you when a perfect and unique mount that could be obtained for some hard or time consuming achievement can be 'get' (as you described buying earlier) for $$?

I will never understand people who defend cash shop mounts and "period loyalty" mounts.
    This game is buy-2-play AND a subscription to play. Do you not think everything should be obtainable in-game as rewards for the things you do? How is it OK to not only double-dip into player's pockets, but TRIPPLE-dip. Why do you keep defending these predatory practices?!

Already had a 6month rolling sub. Thanks Blizz.

However, I'm not a fan of any cloud serpent or dragon/drake mount. Still I shan't complain, I got a free mount for being subbed anyway.

FF14 has a similar system with rewards but it doesn't work on a consecutive basis. At least when I played back then. It just adds up over time.

This is just a money sink for whales and an obvious cash grab. It ensures they keep subbed until shadowlands and a bit beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    They release the 6 month mount whale grabs when the content sucks. So you tell me. Its a drought RN
    Thats generally not the case at all though, I don't know if i remember them all, but the rat mount was released when 8.3 launched, the dragon released at the same time as patch 8.2 and the pirate ship mount launced right after BFA release date, maybe i missed one here, but generally these promotions are launched around big content releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I will never understand people who defend cash shop mounts and "period loyalty" mounts.
    This game is buy-2-play AND a subscription to play. Do you not think everything should be obtainable in-game as rewards for the things you do? How is it OK to not only double-dip into player's pockets, but TRIPPLE-dip. Why do you keep defending these predatory practices?!
    One could argue that you don't need pay etxra, because if you're on the right plan you get the mount anyways.

hrm interestingly enough i just checked the shop on the battle net app and this bundle wasn't there for me to buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    This is just a money sink for whales and an obvious cash grab. It ensures they keep subbed until shadowlands and a bit beyond.
    If you would have a consecutive subscription running then that would cost you €77,94 for half a year. Buying 6 separate months will cost you the same.
    By getting this 6 month bundle you'd only pay €65,94.

So in essence, after doing some careful math - twice, just to be sure, having a regular sub or buying monthly timecards will be more of a money sink than getting a bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    its pretty simple - people in west have a lot of disposable income so its nothing for them to spend 100-200 euro a month on in game stuff.

who are you to judge how they spend their money

dont like it ? dont buy it.

Who needs another mount ? It's one of those things that baffle me, I have so many I dont know what to do with allready.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    If you would have a consecutive subscription running then that would cost you €77,94 for half a year. Buying 6 separate months will cost you the same.
    By getting this 6 month bundle you'd only pay €65,94.

So in essence, after doing some careful math - twice, just to be sure, having a regular sub or buying monthly timecards will be more of a money sink than getting a bundle.
    how many of those people would actually keep 6 months subbed in a row? I made this mistake back when they offered that d3 stuff and i regretted it midway because I wasn't playing anymore. I probably played 2 months out of the whole deal.

It's so obvious why they do this, I'm astounded how there's people like you that can't or choose not to see it

Wasnt the D3 mount the first of the stay subbed offer? Also - what about the China only get the panda pet....

Blizz is giving out a "Free" mount to people who sub for a game they play and everyone loses their mind! funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Blizz is giving out a "Free" mount to people who sub for a game they play and everyone loses their mind! funny stuff
    Over 500 mounts are clearly not enough to choose from, absolutely must have this one or mental breakdowns will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Meanwhile Riot has a $100 gun skin and there's a few people questioning it but that's about the extent of reaction, official YouTube video is like over 95% upvotes.

It's like the China protests, Blizzard gets the huge backlash and then Riot goes completely under the radar. Also guess which company is actually owned by China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    how many of those people would actually keep 6 months subbed in a row? I made this mistake back when they offered that d3 stuff and i regretted it midway because I wasn't playing anymore. I probably played 2 months out of the whole deal.

It's so obvious why they do this, I'm astounded how there's people like you that can't or choose not to see it
    I think I was subbed constantly for the first 9 or so years in a row. Just because convenience and w/e.

This is a 6 months worth of gameplay deal for the price of 5 months with a free mount added on top. Whats there not to understand that people might find this a good deal?

I fail to see why you are so opposed to his optional way of subscribing. Do you think you might not be entertained for the coming 6 months and then feel 'locked' in some financial scheme or something? Do you want a '6 months of guaranteed fun' promise on top of the deal, which is unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its pretty simple - people in west have a lot of disposable income so its nothing for them to spend 100-200 euro a month on in game stuff.

who are you to judge how they spend their money

dont like it ? dont buy it.
    There’s also the fact that none of the cash shop items are necessary. They are cosmetic, and considering everything is personal preference based, people can’t even say the coolest/best things cosmetically are from the in game shop.