Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I am pretty sure dark ranger options won't happen. They would be announced with high elves if they wanted to add them.

- - - Updated - - -

These runes are a must.
    Big agree. Maybe those markings that Alleria has for Void Elves (as well as some voidy body markings options) and then Magister Tattoos and Runic tattoos for Blood Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    I entirely agree about the body tattoos. Runic tattoos ie: cover art would be amazing. The body jewelry is neat in theory, but you'll never see it so I have... negative interest. I also want more hair ornaments.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Big agree. Maybe those markings that Alleria has for Void Elves (as well as some voidy body markings options) and then Magister Tattoos and Runic tattoos for Blood Elves?
    I would love these tattoos. Especially if they are going to glow slightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I entirely agree about the body tattoos. Runic tattoos ie: cover art would be amazing. The body jewelry is neat in theory, but you'll never see it so I have... negative interest. I also want more hair ornaments.
    I am really disappointed that we got so little hair ornaments.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I would love these tattoos. Especially if they are going to glow slightly.
    Yeeeees...
    I am really disappointed that we got so little hair ornaments.
    This, for Draenei and Blood Elves both.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeeeees...

This, for Draenei and Blood Elves both.
    I think the datamined somewhere a new batch of hair ornaments for Draenei but I don't know how many options there are.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I think the datamined somewhere a new batch of hair ornaments for Draenei but I don't know how many options there are.
    Just two basically.

You have one hairstyle with a bun where you can add an ornament and one hairstyle where you can toggle on chains.

For males, you have the same, but instead of hair ornaments, they're horn ornaments.

3+ Year Old Account
    we already have High Elves why not Dark Rangers
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

in the official forum there is a discussion about the lack of unique skin for blood elves! Since void elves have void skin, there are those who believe that blood elves should have light skin color!
    an example that I liked

I am pretty sure dark ranger options won't happen. They would be announced with high elves if they wanted to add them.
    If blizzard see the community demand for it they could possibly offer it as an option. A bonus as well is that lore wise they already exist, and adding these options would be so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in the official forum there is a discussion about the lack of unique skin for blood elves! Since void elves have void skin, there are those who believe that blood elves should have light skin color!
    an example that I liked
    I agree. I think dark ranger options would be fair for blood elves.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    If blizzard see the community demand for it they could possibly offer it as an option. A bonus as well is that lore wise they already exist, and adding these options would be so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I think dark ranger options would be fair for blood elves.
    Personally I prefer a thematic difference light vs void! undead is not thematic blood elf

I dont mind light vs void thematic. But blood elves culture covers a variety of themes: from farstriders, to magisters, to blood knights, to warlocks. Adding dark rangers to it (not into blood elf lore, but into cosmetic options) would still allow for the other aspects of blood elven culture to be explored. I'd love farstrider tattoos, magister tattoos, runic markings (that come in blue for arcane, green for fel, gold for light, red for blood elven color theme, etc..).
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

an example that I liked
    Looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    I dont mind light vs void thematic. But blood elves culture covers a variety of themes: from farstriders, to magisters, to blood knights, to warlocks. Adding dark rangers to it (not into blood elf lore, but into cosmetic options) would still allow for the other aspects of blood elven culture to be explored. I'd love farstrider tattoos, magister tattoos, runic markings (that come in blue for arcane, green for fel, gold for light, red for blood elven color theme, etc..).
    Yes. Light is not a key theme of blood elves and should never be. Let's embrace Arcane and Fel too.

Looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Light is not a key theme of blood elves and should never be. Let's embrace Arcane and Fel too.
    and it's a thematic difference from void elves

Yes, these "lightforged" features would make nice contrast to void elves and it makes sense given the direction race has taken over last years. I think it would look really good with these dark skins blood elves are getting. Reminds me of Sunfire elves from Dragon Prince series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Yes, these "lightforged" features would make nice contrast to void elves and it makes sense given the direction race has taken over last years. I think it would look really good with these dark skins blood elves are getting. Reminds me of Sunfire elves from Dragon Prince series.

actually the reason why "lightforged" skins are requested is because all blood elf skins were given to the void elves too!
    then it is sought with those new skins to be the counterpart of void skins of the void elves

actually the reason why "lightforged" skins are requested is because all blood elf skins were given to the void elves too!
    then it is sought with those new skins to be the counterpart of void skins of the void elves
    Well, right now, shadowlands dressing room on wowhead shows blood elves have total of 30 skin options, while void elves have 25, which includes new skins they inherited from blood elves and their original void skins, so obviously blood elves kept some skins unique for them, but I agree those will probably not be distinctive enough.

Blood elves also got facial hair from void elves and have many other their own unique stuff. I think customization should be added to make race distinctive, they should highlight possible subgroups of the race and it should give us more freedom to make relatable picture of the race. They should not be given only to counter additions of other race, that is not really reasonable.

Well, right now, shadowlands dressing room on wowhead shows blood elves have total of 30 skin options, while void elves have 25, which includes new skins they inherited from blood elves and their original void skins, so obviously blood elves kept some skins unique for them, but I agree those will probably not be distinctive enough.

Blood elves also got facial hair from void elves and have many other their own unique stuff. I think customization should be added to make race distinctive, they should highlight possible subgroups of the race and it should give us more freedom to make relatable picture of the race. They should not be given only to counter additions of other race, that is not really reasonable.
    void elf facial hair? I think the ones we have are different from the void elf

also blood elves are a main race! They only gave us 3 new hair styles and three beards! Look at all the hairstyles, beards, tattoos, and scars they gave the night elves.

it is obvious that they gave us very little and what they gave us the most, which were skin colors, were also given to an allied race.

It is normal that we want some unique thematic skins like void elves! void elves have void we should have light

also blood elves are a main race! They only gave us 3 new hair styles and three beards! Look at all the hairstyles, beards, tattoos, and scars they gave the night elves.

it is obvious that they gave us very little and what they gave us the most, which were skin colors, were also given to an allied race.

It is normal that we want some unique thematic skins like void elves! void elves have void we should have light
    Yes, and even though void elves got skin option from blood elves, they have fewer options then they, even with their original void skins included, so they obviously didn't get all of it from blood elves. Should void elves now request 5 more skins to compensate? And if blood elves get these lightforged or san'layn skins, should void elves get another skins to keep it even?

Blood elves got new eye colors + blind eyes options included, hairstyles, new skin colors, pretty unique and fancy jewellery, beard options... how should nightborne feel? They got close to nothing. How about gnomes? How would you feel if blood elves got nothing else until gnomes or goblins got equal number of options?

My point is, if you will compare what your favorite race gets to others, you'll never be satisfied. It's better to focus on things which makes sense for the race and complent its fantasy in meaningful way. Sure, night elves got many nice things... but just be honest, their options were not that great to begin with.

Now, there is pretty good list of what blood elves should get, like tattoos (be it runic, arcane or farstrider), san'layn skins, red eyes, and I'm sure many more will come, devs already said more customization will come in beta and even after launch of Shadowlands. I just find it silly to request something only because others get nice things.

But it is not the core of blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Some blood elf skin options are NPC only, like undead ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Blood elves got ignored in current builds but I hope they will improve soon.

Yes, and even though void elves got skin option from blood elves, they have fewer options then they, even with their original void skins included, so they obviously didn't get all of it from blood elves. Should void elves now request 5 more skins to compensate? And if blood elves get these lightforged or san'layn skins, should void elves get another skins to keep it even?

Blood elves got new eye colors + blind eyes options included, hairstyles, new skin colors, pretty unique and fancy jewellery, beard options... how should nightborne feel? They got close to nothing. How about gnomes? How would you feel if blood elves got nothing else until gnomes or goblins got equal number of options?

My point is, if you will compare what your favorite race gets to others, you'll never be satisfied. It's better to focus on things which makes sense for the race and complent its fantasy in meaningful way. Sure, night elves got many nice things... but just be honest, their options were not that great to begin with.

Now, there is pretty good list of what blood elves should get, like tattoos (be it runic, arcane or farstrider), san'layn skins, red eyes, and I'm sure many more will come, devs already said more customization will come in beta and even after launch of Shadowlands. I just find it silly to request something only because others get nice things.
    you understand that we are a main race right?

We are a main race that we receive less new customization than for example the night elves and also our skins that are what we receive the most are given to an allied race.

Since void elves have void skins, I think it would be nice if we had lightforged skins to differentiate the two races thematically.

Personally I think that undead customization should be for the forsaken not for us. I don't think a cannibal undead that enjoys killing like the Sanleyns is frowned upon in Silvermoon. personal opinion
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-07-10 at 03:10 PM.