Name: 10 5 (Ideally free)
    Race: 25 10
    Faction: 30 15
    Transfer: 25 20
    Transfer + Race: 50 25
    Transfer + Faction: 55 30
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2020-07-10 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to make name changes free.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said it would take them til SL to put in the changes.

Why not just make it free in the Blizzshop now? $0.00 checkout?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    "And as we were adding things up in Shadowlands, we realised, 'Gosh the only way you can change your gender in World of Warcraft is to go through this paid service.' And we felt like that's not the right message.
    do real life sex changes not require money?

I mean i guess i get it, the game shouldn't make gender-fluid non-binary people pick a sex and stick to it

This is a good move. I really can't even call them out for shameless virtue signaling when they're doing something that might lose them money. Even if they do it because they feel the sentiment will bring in more money through players than sex changes would, it's still a stance with an actual action behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So server transfers, name changes, and faction changes are free too?
    These are understandably not free because they would effect the health of the game. People would faction/race change to the "OP" race anytime a racial gets changed.

I'm kind of on the fence if free name changes would be good or not. We had a guy that would get name changes all the time because he never could settle. It was very confusing.

With all the new customisation options it kinda makes sense that they do this. I doubt that the paid service was that popular to begin with, kinda wish they'd do name changes for free aswell (especially considering how many people left and have lost their name, ready to be picked up).

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I welcome this change. Allows you to toggle better casting/melee animations for several races (best casters dont necessarily have best melee animations and vice versa).

On a a related note: It's weird that in 2020 you still can't identify as the race (for purposes of racial traits) you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That's one seriously underpaid barber for their talents!
    Right?!

I wonder if it will start offering faction changes soon XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard: "We're making this service free!"
    Players: "OMG! vIrToO sIgNaLiNg!"

This company literally can't win.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    I welcome this change. Allows you to toggle better casting/melee animations for several races (best casters dont necessarily have best melee animations and vice versa).

On a a related note: It's weird that in 2020 you still can't identify as the race (for purposes of racial traits) you want.
    For balanced gameplay sake sure, but a war stomping blood elf? That imagine is just not right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroths barbers have come along way.

From an actual barber confined to just cutting hair
    Barber's becomes a spa and tanning booth to changing ones skin colour,
    Now barbers are practicing surgery..

I gotta say Azeorth barbers very qualified. :P

The only negative to this feature is that a name change feature isn't included. Great for those with neutral names though :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-07-10 at 03:56 PM.

hey blizzard, how about stop being greedy as hell with the rest of the account services

You already have money from base game cost -> expansion cost -> deluxe/collector editions -> monthly sub -> store mounts/pets/toys -> max level boosts -> tokens -> account services... you have more than enough avenues for profit, account services should not be this expensive :/

having to pay freaking $25 PER character to move servers is ridiculous and should have long since been changed. Give us a bundle of $15-20 to transfer say 5 characters at once. It's absolutely stupid that for 5 characters, someone would have to pay $125 -_- The other mmo's who charge for server transfers also provide bundles or are much cheaper.

race change being $25 is stupid as well, imo it should not cost anything at all, just slap on a timer/cooldown if u need one to stop things like raiders race changing a raid team for a boss or something.

and then faction change, again, $30???? jfc, just reduce the cost and/or put a timer on it.

EDIT - name change should be cheaper, say $2.99 or something, but give it a timer so ppl can't abuse name change
    Last edited by voidox; 2020-07-10 at 04:06 PM.

Fun change, why complain lol. There's tons of stuff to complain about in regards to retail, this change isn't one of em. Doubt this will make me want to play shadowlands though, after these past two expansions.

3+ Year Old Account
    Gamers really don't desserve nice things. they don't even want nice things becasue it might be "politically motivated". none the less all of these character changeing options should be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    Gamers really don't desserve nice things. they don't even want nice things becasue it might be "politically motivated". none the less all of these character changeing options should be free.
    The funny thing is this feature was available on the store for years, they give it to us for free and then people moan lol.

Internet folk is weird, I'll never understand them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a male night elf rogue that I couldn't stomach looking at and couldn't get him pass lvl 12, so this is cool with me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    someone should move the goalposts on blizz and guildtrip them into making race change free too while they are at it.
    Dream bigger man.

"Me and my whole guild identify as <insert server> players. Free guild transfer plz."

But seriously, I wish realms/race change would be ~30 days cooldown. It could be shared across all services and you would have to pay for extra ones. I think if more people would give this feedback to Blizz we could convince them to do something like that - they know how free samples works and patient players could transfer their all chars to server they want (and they would be subed all this time!).

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    Imagine if Blizzard offered a free server transfer:

"oh now Blizzard is signaling us that mass migration is not problem at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I made a male night elf rogue that I couldn't stomach looking at and couldn't get him pass lvl 12, so this is cool with me.
    So you never found the 10 minutes to reach level 12 again ? :P

Though I have to admit I can't stand my female belf paladin with her twig arms anymore as a tank, I will totally turn her into a guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Imagine if Blizzard offered a free server transfer:

"oh now Blizzard is signaling us that mass migration is not problem at all"
    Nah, people would complain about everyone switching to the few already full servers while the smaller ones would completely die in a flash (compared to current slow and drawn out death).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I feel this is kind of useless while name change is still a paid service.
    would be dumb if we could change names as we please