Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hmh! It seems like one of those things Blizzard would consider if somebody just asked them straight up/directly, but nobody ever considers it.
    I think a lot of people want this but I'm guessing it's something they don't want to implement because it would involve changing some stuff behind the scenes and may end up being a bit too difficult at the moment

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Last names is difficult because Total RP already has that functionality for those who want it, and adding it might be more hassle than it is worth, especially when you consider all the players who are used to just a single name, or more likely nickname. Going from that to a name and last name might be a bit jarring.
    yeah, I use TotalRP already (as I'm looking to try and start RPing), but it'd be cool to see my character's last name actually used ingame. But it's the name of her Clan too, so it's not really a last name I guess?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And yet we killed the rest of the BL's most powerful w/o Pantheon. In BfA we had Heart, and throughout most of WoW history we didn't rely on some powerful artifact or outside help until final boss.
    There is of course also the only idea that many of the strongest opponents we have faced have given us some help, or at least made it ambiguous how many are actually there, like Archimonde in WoD featuring Grom, Yrel and Khadgar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Last names could have gameplay consequences as well. Like you gain bonus rep for having the same last name as an ALT who is exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yet that is exactly what the playerbase would demand they do. It isn't just 2 abilities like you tell yourself.
    What is this nebulous "the playerbase?" Which parts of it are demanding this? Is it the majority? What is the reason they're demanding it? Is it because class playstyles feel too critical to have them be absent? If something is demanded, does it mean you have to do it? I'm not "telling myself" anything - I'm stating a fact that remains a fact if it were to stay that way. You're using a slippery slope fallacy here by inferring that doing one thing means you need to do it every single time. Just because a subset of people would demand otherwise doesn't mean they enter into the equation, and you're talking about hypothetical outcomes that don't really mean anything.

The fact of the matter is, people used the same argument going from Legion into BFA as to why certain things shouldn't be kept. Enough bad feedback meant that class design as it goes into SL not only deprunes irrelevant things, like Frostbolt being given to Fire, but also in a lot of cases adds abilities and talents that should've been baseline in the first place. But logic like yours was the only reason it didn't happen sooner.

And how are they to decide which ones to keep? You're not actually providing a solution, you're just dumping a bucket of paint on the problem.
    So then you acknowledge it's a problem, at least.

I pretty much already said which ones you keep - if something feels critical to a specialization to the point where it's either a mandatory talent or the spec feels extremely slow or half-baked without it, that's when you want to make certain concessions about abilities to add. When the pruning happened, it was removing abilities that were seen as extraneous to a core rotation. Since then, core rotations are actually pretty solid, but the introduction of new abilities or modifications to old abilities made certain playstyles feel so much more complete that the absence of those same "temporary" systems or abilities is very jarring, and sometimes their replacements are outright inferior (Azerite traits vs. Artifact traits).

It's a case by case scenario of what you keep. But if SL does actually succeed in making those same Covenant abilities worthwhile and engaging, there's nothing wrong with advocating a retention of some mechanics without it turning into a sadistic choice. "You can keep X, but only on one specialization, and it's replacing Y in this row." That's not forward progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    In Legion when pvp was the most balanced it ever was, a lot of players hated that shit (and don't give say it's because the templates sucked, it was still the most balanced pvp there ever was - players just hated it because it wasn't fun that their gear didn't matter).
    Not quite. People hated PvP in Legion because a) most classes and specs where so bland that felt like shit playing in pvp and b) with no gear progression and crap rewards, there wasn't even the carrot to lure people.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yet that is exactly what the playerbase would demand they do. It isn't just 2 abilities like you tell yourself.
    What is this nebulous "the playerbase?" Which parts of it are demanding this? Is it the majority? What is the reason they're demanding it? Is it because class playstyles feel too critical to have them be absent? If something is demanded, does it mean you have to do it? I'm not "telling myself" anything - I'm stating a fact that remains a fact if it were to stay that way. You're using a slippery slope fallacy here by inferring that doing one thing means you need to do it every single time. Just because a subset of people would demand otherwise doesn't mean they enter into the equation, and you're talking about hypothetical outcomes that don't really mean anything.

The fact of the matter is, people used the same argument going from Legion into BFA as to why certain things shouldn't be kept. Enough bad feedback meant that class design as it goes into SL not only deprunes irrelevant things, like Frostbolt being given to Fire, but also in a lot of cases adds abilities and talents that should've been baseline in the first place. But logic like yours was the only reason it didn't happen sooner.

And how are they to decide which ones to keep? You're not actually providing a solution, you're just dumping a bucket of paint on the problem.

So then you acknowledge it's a problem, at least. Progress.

I pretty much already said which ones you keep - if something feels critical to a specialization to the point where it's either a mandatory talent or the spec feels extremely slow or half-baked without it, that's when you want to make certain concessions about abilities to add. When the pruning happened, it was removing abilities that were seen as extraneous to a core rotation. Since then, core rotations are actually pretty solid, but the introduction of new abilities or modifications to old abilities made certain playstyles feel so much more complete that the absence of those same "temporary" systems or abilities is very jarring, and sometimes their replacements are outright inferior (Azerite traits vs. Artifact traits).

It's a case by case scenario of what you keep. But if SL does actually succeed in making those same Covenant abilities worthwhile and engaging, there's nothing wrong with advocating a retention of some mechanics without it turning into a sadistic choice. "You can keep X, but only on one specialization, and it's replacing Y in this row." That's not forward progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    If covenants fails by being restricted, abilities will be accessible to everyone

Says Ion Hazzikostas on a Interview: https://www.pcgamer.com/wow-covenant...ffer-pcgamertw
    And it'll happen. Inevitably. And the same people who cling to this imaginary reality where they won't horribly fuck up and demand it stay exclusive will eat it right up when it does.

"It's not a choice if you do that! ...even if there are like 30 other Covenant specific things that'll stay exclusive. But also you shouldn't pick a Covenant based on their ability, you min-maxer, you should do it based on which one you like! ...but which one you like is meaningless if they don't make the ability exclusive!" So much god damn circular logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it'll happen. Inevitably.
    Oh I suppose you can see the future.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, merely the past

Based on the way things tend to go every single expansion, everyone might as well be omniscient by this point if they were paying attention. Echoes, for example, were the writing on the wall as far back as Infinite Stars getting tweaked by ilevel.

All the Mail covenant armor sets are so ugly. What the heck man. The plate sets are amazing especially the necrolord, the mail sets all have mismatched shoulders and and look awkward AF. the night fae is plain, venthry idk whats going on there and necro has weird shoulders, The kyrian though is alright though i would wear that. but the rest come on why can't i look symetrical?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that most of the content is out on beta we are in for a long boring 4 months before launch. Buckle in boys. Its going to be a long night.

We didn't kill the Lich King he killed us and Tiron saved us from being turned into Undead uber soldiers by Arthas. Deathwing died not by us(Thrall and the dragonsoul or was it demon soul).

Heck Garrosh didn't even die...and yeah Archimonde died so.. thats nice I guess. Oh and we didn't kill Gul'dan...someone stole that kill *Cough*
    ...Oh boy...

"We didn't kill the Lich King he killed us and Tiron saved us from being turned into Undead uber soldiers by Arthas." This, I will agree with. However, since the Lich King, we've grown a fuck ton and have obtained a lot of power that should, currently, make the Lich King look like complete and utter fodder at this rate.

"Deathwing died not by us(Thrall and the dragonsoul or was it demon soul)" We still took down his plates and fucked with the remains of his collapsing body till the Aspects and Thrall ended him. Now, Deathwing shouldn't even be a threat tbh.

Garrosh didn't die, but he still lost to us. Archimonde died, so yeah it counts. Also, what happened Garrosh also applies to Gul'dan. He didn't die by our hand, yes, but we still fucked him up at full power to the point where the Legion dipped on him.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    All the Mail covenant armor sets are so ugly. What the heck man. The plate sets are amazing especially the necrolord, the mail sets all have mismatched shoulders and and look awkward AF. the night fae is plain, venthry idk whats going on there and necro has weird shoulders, The kyrian though is alright though i would wear that. but the rest come on why can't i look symetrical?
    I personally love the Night Fae mail, thought it was a huge jump over the previous iteration based more on the Gorm. Kyrian mail is pretty good too. Agreed on the Venthyr and Necro ones, though.

For me, all the Maw sets are so good that it barely matters, though. Need to finish those. Still itching to see the completed leather one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Now that most of the content is out on beta we are in for a long boring 4 months before launch. Buckle in boys. Its going to be a long night.
    I'll take 4 months of whatever the fuck BFA is anymore to that whole SoO shit we had before WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'll take 4 months of whatever the fuck BFA is anymore to that whole SoO shit we had before WoD.
    I think just the Beta of SL is keeping people hooked. More so then BFA did(Sorry BFA you did an ok job not a good or great job, an ok job).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think just the Beta of SL is keeping people hooked. More so then BFA did(Sorry BFA you did an ok job not a good or great job, an ok job).
    Tbh here, I wasn't hyped for BFA and knew the final boss from a mile away. SL is giving me Legion and WoTLK hype vibes. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I mean, you've got like...the entire life of WOW up until now of like 94% symmetrical. I welcome more asymmetrical added to the game. Isn't there a Xmog 1 shoulder at a time being added anyway?

7+ Year Old Account
    I still can't believe that night fae cloth set is actually done.

Even the robe version of the night fae leather set looks better, and that one covers half the 3D assets.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I still can't believe that night fae cloth set is actually done.

Even the robe version of the night fae leather set looks better, and that one covers half the 3D assets.
    I can't believe they actually spent a 3D armor piece on sandal bottoms. That barely anyone will ever see or realize isn't 2D..

One day.. one day, Blizzard will go all out on robes, and that'll be the day I'll be able to tolerate more than 10% of cloth mogs.