Will Shadowlands be the "Age of the Loot Funnel"?

One of the big changes in SL is that loot drops will be much less frequent. This will make it take longer to gear up. However, doesn't this also mean that the key method of breaking the game and getting ahead of everyone else is to buy loot funnel carries? So won't we see an explosion of loot funnel carry sales, and everyone clamoring to find such runs? The value of actually running an m+ or raid (as intended) will never be lower. This change forces everyone to game the system and buy loot funnels or get left behind, doesn't it?

But who's going to carry you if no one has loot?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it will be so prohibitively expensive that it will deter most folks from buying their gear via tokens. Although something tells me that Blizz is actually interested in selling more tokens, not less...

We'll see how it pans out soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Drops will be less frequent but they'll be the best it can possibly be.

Well except for a socket I guess?

Or people will just armor type stack for runs.

Not really an issue. Guilds that are pushing content will be doing it anyway, so they'll be the ones who'd benefit most from this, but also the ones who would be most likely to be selling these runs. Most players will still play the same as they do now, sure a few might be tempted to buy runs, but I don't think it'll be that big of a problem considering M+ is still around, so people have an easy way to get gear just by spamming those. Yeah loot might drop less frequently, but that's only a problem if people are unable to play the content that gives loot themselves, which in the past was raids. With M+, it's much less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    But who's going to carry you if no one has loot?
    The first week m+ opens, people intending to sell carries will probably run m+ nonstop to kit out and put more hours into m+ than we've ever seen for week 1 m+. Then from there they start selling carries. Carry sellers will probably kit out 1 toon for each armor type as well to funnel correctly.

maybe the demand will go up but i doubt the amount of suppliers will increase. carries have been happening for a long time. besides, carries don't happen until a guild is comfortable with the amount of loot they got from content so with less drops, it's likely it will take longer for a carry market to form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    The first week m+ opens, people intending to sell carries will probably run m+ nonstop to kit out and put more hours into m+ than we've ever seen for week 1 m+. Then from there they start selling carries. Carry sellers will probably kit out 1 toon for each armor type as well to funnel correctly.
    but those are just hardcore no lifers that would sell carries anyways. that doesn't really show there will be a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only is that a bunch of weirdly specific assuming (seriously, very odd) but why do you care in the first place? What people do with their time/energy in WoW is their business. If JimbobMcIdiot wants to buy sell/buy Mythic+ runs on his server, it doesn't affect you in the slightest.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So what? Does it affect you personality?

It doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    So what? Does it affect you personality?

It doesn’t
    Am I correct though that this is the way to play SL or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I correct though that this is the way to play SL or not?
    Maybe ask again when SL is, you know, actually out?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Maybe ask again when SL is, you know, actually out?
    I think its important to speculate now before we get to the point to plan ahead.

Logic bomb - that's absolutely no different than it is now, or was in legion.

Logic bomb+ - those people buying the carries? They could just run m+......exactly how it has been since m+ was introduced.

Tldr literally nothing has changed in this respect. Based on your replies, it appears this is just extremely low tier bait.

I doubt it's gonna be that much less frequent. I don't think raids and dungeons will drop less loot. But the vision loot will probably be gone as will the 3 chests a week we get from assaults. Probably less frequent emissary gear too.

I don't expect it to be different than say Cataclysm and it will still have pvp gear on top of it. Not to mention we weill see relics drop too it seems.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-11 at 02:20 AM.

How much for a carry?

It's not going to be like the old days where you could go weeks without getting a new piece of loot. You will be getting loot at a decent pace, you just won't be flooded with it.

One of the big changes in SL is that loot drops will be much less frequent. This will make it take longer to gear up. However, doesn't this also mean that the key method of breaking the game and getting ahead of everyone else is to buy loot funnel carries? So won't we see an explosion of loot funnel carry sales, and everyone clamoring to find such runs? The value of actually running an m+ or raid (as intended) will never be lower. This change forces everyone to game the system and buy loot funnels or get left behind, doesn't it?
    So, your telling me this isn't the case already? If its not paid loot funnels, its your highly geared friend running next to you helping to funnel loot. In the end, Blizzard has a better chance of selling tokens so everyone wins, except you. (unless you have friends with you in the pug to help funnel).

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hopefully it will be so prohibitively expensive that it will deter most folks from buying their gear via tokens.
    I liked it when you could earn valor from many sources and use it to buy raid gear. No RNG = good.