Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe Jailer eats them more efficiently and thus Mehzilla gets more powah?
    Maybe the Jailer is simply very generous with his Maw-power. He gives it so Sylvanas, to Mueh'zala .... and to all the others that work with him and funnel Anima into the Maw. So, you're probably right, he is more efficient with eating it and turning it into raw power ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    From all the datamining and voice lines i thought the Night Queen was his boss and he sounded rather annoyed at muehzala
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    From all the datamining and voice lines i thought the Night Queen was his boss and he sounded rather annoyed at muehzala
    I agree that his boss is probably not Mueh'zala, they seem more like rivals. Although I also don't think the Night Queen is his direct boss. His other side is so very different from the Shadowlands covenant realms, that it seems more like a ... layer in between the mortal realm and the Shadowlands. Just look at where we go in the dungeon, we actually visit the places that exist in the living world, only we approach them from the realm of the dead. Curious.
    I kind of think that Bwonsamdi may be a leftover spirit from the time of the 'First Ones' and was kept around because he was somehow needed to transport souls. He has wing remnants on his back, but he sure as heck isn't a Kyrian. Maybe he was the original Raven God or something from a time when the afterlife worked differently, before the Eternal Ones 'ordered' it and locked away the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the first round of broadcast text, if so it has been updated several times with Bwonsamdi getting less "yes ma'am" and more "I'm only helping you because it will benefit me" each time

another possibility is that his boss is the Arbiter herself, ol' Bwonsamdi might act as a defense against the kind of thing that's currently going on in the shadowlands, where all souls are being funneled to one afterlife, with all trolls going to Da Other Side by default depriving the funneler, in this case the Jailor, from getting every last drop

The whole purpose of Bwonsamdi is a bit confusing.

Like... The souls don't need guidance to travel to Shadowlands. They kind of... just go there, like it happens with all the other souls. Unless Troll souls are a bit special and are just unable to do it themselves... but then, Bwonsamdi isn't present everywhere and I just can't imagine troll souls travelling across the seas for unknown period of time.

So, does it mean he basically cheated the system? By guiding the troll souls straight into the Other Side, he's skipping the Arbiter and her judgement. In which case... that makes him kind of bad?

Are trolls the only ones who go to the Other Side? I can't imagine that region to survive at all with so little anima. And why trolls specifically? Considering Shadowlands are an afterlife for the whole universe?

I really hope they will explain it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The whole purpose of Bwonsamdi is a bit confusing.

Like... The souls don't need guidance to travel to Shadowlands. They kind of... just go there, like it happens with all the other souls. Unless Troll souls are a bit special and are just unable to do it themselves... but then, Bwonsamdi isn't present everywhere and I just can't imagine troll souls travelling across the seas for unknown period of time.

So, does it mean he basically cheated the system? By guiding the troll souls straight into the Other Side, he's skipping the Arbiter and her judgement. In which case... that makes him kind of bad?

Are trolls the only ones who go to the Other Side? I can't imagine that region to survive at all with so little anima. And why trolls specifically? Considering Shadowlands are an afterlife for the whole universe?

I really hope they will explain it somehow.
    Some souls seem to need guidance, because not only does Bwonsamdi do that, but the Kyrians too. They get souls from the "funnel" into the Shadowlands proper. With funnel I mean the thing we usually saw as being the Shadowlands, we see when our characters die and where we also meet the spirit healers or where we went in some quests and chased ghosts ^^
    Some souls also seem stuck here, like the ghosts we see everywhere in the Plaguelands. Sometimes we even have to help them find their way 'onward' ourselves.
    So it doesn't seem as easy as 'souls simply cross over upon dying', at least not always.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I agree that his boss is probably not Mueh'zala, they seem more like rivals. Although I also don't think the Night Queen is his direct boss. His other side is so very different from the Shadowlands covenant realms, that it seems more like a ... layer in between the mortal realm and the Shadowlands. Just look at where we go in the dungeon, we actually visit the places that exist in the living world, only we approach them from the realm of the dead. Curious.
    I kind of think that Bwonsamdi may be a leftover spirit from the time of the 'First Ones' and was kept around because he was somehow needed to transport souls. He has wing remnants on his back, but he sure as heck isn't a Kyrian. Maybe he was the original Raven God or something from a time when the afterlife worked differently, before the Eternal Ones 'ordered' it and locked away the Jailer.
    I think that Bwonsamdi just go soo powerful he just made a realm himself. It's rather chaotic looking, and it would be fitting if his realm is a reflection of his subconsciousness.

I think he just has the wings on his back because he's supposed to look like Ryuk. I can't really see him being a Raven God either tbh.
    They're not even attacted to his back lol

Mueh'zala might've created him as a soul collector but instead of serving him directly he ended up just rebelling?
    Ooor he's just a Death God who exists and created the trolls in his image? And he ended up messing up somehow?

Also, this could just be a 'It just works' kind of thing like King Crimson
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think that Bwonsamdi just go soo powerful he just made a realm himself. It's rather chaotic looking, and it would be fitting if his realm is a reflection of his subconsciousness.

I think he just has the wings on his back because he's supposed to look like Ryuk. I can't really see him being a Raven God either tbh.

<snipped image>

Mueh'zala might've created him as a soul collector but instead of serving him directly he ended up just rebelling?
    Ooor he's just a Death God who exists and created the trolls in his image? And he ended up messing up somehow?

Also, this could just be a 'It just works' kind of thing like King Crimson

I know it's a bit flimsy with the 'wings' and they seem more like a broken kite, but there were so many ghost ravens around his temple in Nazmir and we're still missing the raven god... and I like Bwonsamdi, so I simply hope he is it

3+ Year Old Account
    I know it's a bit flimsy with the 'wings' and they seem more like a broken kite, but there were so many ghost ravens around his temple in Nazmir and we're still missing the raven god... and I like Bwonsamdi, so I simply hope he is it
    Well, I guess he could be a raven god, but I'm personally not really a fan of it. I think I'd rather have him be just a Death God who happens to look like a 'troll' of sorts.
    It's cool that you make a theory for it though

Some souls seem to need guidance, because not only does Bwonsamdi do that, but the Kyrians too. They get souls from the "funnel" into the Shadowlands proper. With funnel I mean the thing we usually saw as being the Shadowlands, we see when our characters die and where we also meet the spirit healers or where we went in some quests and chased ghosts ^^
    Some souls also seem stuck here, like the ghosts we see everywhere in the Plaguelands. Sometimes we even have to help them find their way 'onward' ourselves.
    So it doesn't seem as easy as 'souls simply cross over upon dying', at least not always.
    The struggling souls you're talking about are typically the souls of those who died in some dramatic / tragic way. Like the denizens of now-Plaguelands, it was just a slaughter when Arthas and his army moved through this land. Such souls seem to be a small percentage and they definitely are of someone passing recently.

As for the Spirit Healers, I don't think they are cannon, at least not the interaction between them and us, adventurers / heroes. You'd think that people who keep being ressurrected would be elevated to being the most important beings on the planet. I think, cannonically, we've only been ressurected by Terenas' ghost and by Eonar.

I don't know. It's all messed up. I really hope Shadowlands story will explain it all, because right now it doesn't make any sense. The story that we know so far is highly focused on the Jailer and regions feeding off of anima. So far it feels more like just another world / realm than the afterlife. Especially since we and all the Azeroth's greatest are able to just venture into that afterlife in, what it seems like, physical form.

3+ Year Old Account
    You know, I just thought of something.

Bwonsamdi has the ability to just... magically just appear whenever someone says his name. Is he able to read others thoughts and see when we want/need him?
    Also, can he just 'jump' from the mortal world to the Shadowlands just like that?
    And will he end up dying at the end of this expansion and getting bound to Ardenweald like Ysera?

About his 'wings'. does he just wear a weird backpiece to maybe cover up a huge gash on his back?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not stated that Bwonsamdi works for Mueh'zala or even obeys him.

What is apparent is that The Winter Queen has authority over Bwonsamdi, so she could be the boss he spoke about, since Loas are apparently under Ardenweald's jurisdiction.

OP's lack of source is interesting tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not stated that Bwonsamdi works for Mueh'zala or even obeys him.

What is apparent is that The Winter Queen has authority over Bwonsamdi, so she could be the boss he spoke about, since Loas are apparently under Ardenweald's jurisdiction.

OP's lack of source is interesting tho.
    I assume Bwonsamdi either takes marching orders from the Winter Queen in the Ardenweald, or directly from the Arbiter in Oribos. I highly doubt he takes them from Mueh'zala as the two appear to be direct competitors as individual Loa of Death.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    If this is true, the biggest tragedy is that Muehzala will be killed before Zekhan can be dispatched.
    I would be greatly disappointed if anything would happen to him, he is very promising character and I liked a lot the excerpts in the book that covered him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Trolls even devour their own. Thrall forbid the Darkspear from practicing cannibalism when they joined the Horde.
    Trolls devour humanoids, Darkspears were pretty tight community that was struggling with survival it made no sense for them to eat their own when they needed to expand their numbers. But they likely were feasting on the Kul'Tirans who attacked them and Thrall being raised by humans was likely grossed out by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    He’a such a lame character. He even got a unique model before Rokhan did. The absolute disgrace.

I agree that Rokhan deserved a new model but he should've got it at the start of BfA and It's not something that should've been held against Zekhan. Maybe they'll update Rokhan during Heritage armor quest.
    . And Zekhan's model isn't really that special, it' just armor that he got and that armor isn't really that good looking because the kilt doesn't have 3D bones, it's a flat texture slapped on it. I'd rather it they'd take their time and do a stunning model for Rokhan than such a rush job for Zekhan
    Last edited by Ramz; 2020-07-11 at 03:36 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    No they haven't, most of em ended up in the maw only recently. We've literally seen older troll ghosts all around the world for years.
    We also saw Uther being a spirit in the Light as recent as Legion
    And yet, he's a Kyrian now
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    We also saw Uther being a spirit in the Light as recent as Legion
    And yet, he's a Kyrian now
    So you agree with me Blizz is inconsistent and that they need to get their mess together?
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So you agree with me Blizz is inconsistent and that they need to get their mess together?
    The last time they tried sorting out their lore, it was retconned months after
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    If this is true, the biggest tragedy is that Muehzala will be killed before Zekhan can be dispatched.
    I mean, Bwonsamdi has him taken as a prisoner in the Other Side itself which just isn't very smart. But maybe they changed their minds on killing him just so they could keep him for later incase he becomes a raid boss later? And poor Zekhan. He's in the new book, and thankfully 'lives' (if you'd call it that) but still, he can't just die this expac like Voljin did right?

Keeping prisoners is also very out of Bwon boi's character to me. If anything, he should just banish him somewhere like the Maw. He just dosen't seem like a cruel, brooding character to me. Thankfully they changed his dialogue a bit but, 'What Mueh'zala be getting ain't for mortal eyes. Ya did good heroes, now take ya trinkets and be off wit ya!" really sounds off to me.

Honestly it should be changed to 'Oh, Mueh'zala ya shouldn't be messin wit THE Loa of Death should ya? Ah heroes, ya did well, but ya should probably leave soon. Mueh'zala might be gettin a little too hostile sooner or later'. Because I am honestly f*cking terrified on what 'not meant for mortal eyes' means. I'm also VERY glad that this game isn't rated M

...My apologies for freaking out a bit there. That's just something that's been bugging me for the last few months

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    What a hard choice. Kill the second most obnoxious character in BfA (Cringecaller wins the title), or let him live to deliver more trolls to be dinner.
    Die too many times in Zandalar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Die too many times in Zandalar?
    Even once was too many. That pseudo Jamaican crap they have trolls do was always grating.

You also seem determined to elevate the character way beyond what we know to be his stature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The last time they tried sorting out their lore, it was retconned months after
    So you agree that if they can't get their mess together they should collapse under the weight of their sins and everyone should unsub?
    Twas brillig