Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Some people work hard and never get anywhere. Some people are lucky and get somewhere because of it.

It is not fun to be the hard worker hamstrung by bad luck.
    This doesn't happen. It means those people are just bad.

WoD was the last great expansion. People just never realized how good it actually was.
    It had everything. Pvp templates, alt friendliness, interesting raids, easy gearing, just enough rng to be fun without breaking the game. Because there were less metrics to push people to play, they ended up feeling they had nothing to do and complained about drought. Well, now they have plenty to do, and now they miss WoD.

The iteration of challenge modes could have been better, and garrisons never should have been a source of pure gold. That the only bad things I can think of.
    Almost nobody misses WoD. Even in vocal minority circle it's being still perceived as worst expansion after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Almost nobody misses WoD. Even in vocal minority circle it's being still perceived as worst expansion after all these years.
    I don't think they do... azerite,essences and corruption really soured the community. I think people want to go back to a risk reward system rather then a grind till your eyes bleed doing toothless content.

Yeah, I'm gonna guess you're among those entitled brats that had "nothing to do" in WoD because you finished raiding HC and didn't want, or wasn't able, to do any of he content that was left.
    I no-lifed back thdn, and I had no chance whatsoever to finish everything. The content drought accusations are complete bullshit. Unless you only consider raids to be cleared once content.

Just because grinding gear gives you endorphin rushes, doesn't mean that grinding gear is content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    As mythic raider - 8.3 is one of the best patches ever. Corruption makes gearing actually matter and not braindead equip the highest ilvl.
    All my alts have nearly the same ilvl as my main with the same cloak level(takes 20 minutes a week per alt).
    My classes feel super fun, fast, and rewarding.

Hands down, if SL ends up like an even better version of 8.3 we will have a very very good time.
    I love me some satire

Yeah, I'm gonna guess you're among those entitled brats that had "nothing to do" in WoD because you finished raiding HC and didn't want, or wasn't able, to do any of he content that was left.
    I no-lifed back thdn, and I had no chance whatsoever to finish everything. The content drought accusations are complete bullshit. Unless you only consider raids to be cleared once content.

Just because grinding gear gives you endorphin rushes, doesn't mean that grinding gear is content.
    Well you couldn't guess more wrong. I got most cutting edges back then except for blackhand. And no, I cleared archimonde ~32 times on mythic begging my RL to let me go bench.

What is even more funny, I don't do outdoor content but I am not delusional enough to think my personal playstyle is good for wow. It's fucking bad.
    It would absolute disaster if wow was catered to my needs. And yet I am not trying to project my opinions as "it's good for wow" like you do.

And no, I didn't grind gear for past 2 expansions with two notable exceptions - fucking arcanocrystal and damned legiondaries. I just used what I got, it's that simple.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-07-11 at 05:56 AM.

Well you couldn't guess more wrong. I got most cutting edges back then except for blackhand. And no, I cleared archimonde ~32 times on mythic begging my RL to let me go bench.

What is even more funny, I don't do outdoor content but I am not delusional enough to think my personal playstyle is good for wow. It's fucking bad.
    It would absolute disaster if wow was catered to my needs. And yet I am not trying to project my opinions as "it's good for wow" like you do.

And no, I didn't grind gear for past 2 expansions with two notable exceptions - fucking arcanocrystal and damned legiondaries. I just used what I got, it's that simple.
    And yet you complain of content draught knowing full well you didn't want to do outdoor content.

In that regard, what is different in BfA? Island expeditions and m+?

Cutting edge when...? Wod lasted a long time did you get it pre or prior to the weak aura that did the fight for you?

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    if you think there will ever be a version of the game that lets you log on, raid or do some m+ and log off until next time, you are never going to be happy. because it hasnt been this for a long time and will likely never be this again.
    We had that once before. It was called WoD and everyone hated it because there was nothing to do. Seems the OP would be happier with that.

And yet you complain of content draught knowing full well you didn't want to do outdoor content.

In that regard, what is different in BfA? Island expeditions and m+?
    Because like I mentioned before, I am not delusional thinking that raid logging expansion is good for game. Even if I wanted to do outdoor content, there just wasn't any.

BfA has M+ which alone is miles ahead WoD, mechagon which i consider best outdoor zone (got mecha-done relatively fast), nazjatar if you like that kind of stuff, couple of secrets, invasions, assaults, warfront assaults (not warfronts themselves), visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Cutting edge when...? Wod lasted a long time did you get it pre or prior to the weak aura that did the fight for you?
    That weakaura existed since first week and pretty much everyone used it. If I remember correctly Pottm did it. Our guild got WR 200.

If you think 8.3 is the worst patch you must not have played 6.1, 5.3 or 5.4.

This "weekly grind" is looking more like Cataclysm valor points than anything else. It's not "omg yet another AP grind", it's an achievable weekly cap with some catch-ups if you start late. You're not going to be infinitely grinding Renown (unless you want cosmetics). You don't have to grind Torghast unless you want a legendary, which you can get within weeks. And I'm not even sure you'll strictly need to "catch up" on Renown on alts because all the benefits seem to be cosmetic or world-content based. If all you want to do is dungeons and raids, it's looking like you can just do that and be absolutely fine.

Because like I mentioned before, I am not delusional thinking that raid logging expansion is good for game. Even if I wanted to do outdoor content, there just wasn't any.

BfA has M+ which alone is miles ahead WoD, mechagon which i consider best outdoor zone (got mecha-done relatively fast), nazjatar if you like that kind of stuff, couple of secrets, invasions, assaults, warfront assaults (not warfronts themselves), visions.

- - - Updated - - -

That weakaura existed since first week and pretty much everyone used it. If I remember correctly Pottm did it. Our guild got WR 200.
    Not a awful clear at all but the way you describe things seem off... especially with the class stacking hellfire had for that one fight... you know the one right?

To be honest I'm skeptical this I full clear mythic doing whatever without farming anything character you made for yourself actually exists...

That or you simply enjoy busywork while not a bad thing it does put you in a minority of a minority when it comes to mythic raiders. I would say as small as those who mythic raid and are also glads.

Also the weak aura wasn't made public for over a month... the guy who made it tried to monetize it...

Not a awful clear at all but the way you describe things seem off... especially with the class stacking hellfire had for that one fight... you know the one right?

To be honest I'm skeptical this I full clear mythic doing whatever without farming anything character you made for yourself actually exists...

That or you simply enjoy busywork while not a bad thing it does put you in a minority of a minority when it comes to mythic raiders. I would say as small as those who mythic raid and are also glads.

Also the weak aura wasn't made public for over a month... the guy who made it tried to monetize it...
    I also know how mages were using T3 to abuse evocation and swap gear before pull. After that blizz disabled older sets.

Maybe you didn't have weakauras earlier but it was available in like first (or second) week.

I don't enjoy busywork and we are back at point one which you simply cannot grasp: catering to mythic raider is fucking bad for game.
    Possibly because you have narrow horizon and cannot understand that vast majority of people dont do mythic raids.

Now put yourself in these people shoes and think what could you do in WoD - NOTHING, all you could do was apexis which were boring grind without rewards and farming gold in garrison, oh and garrison invasions (yay so fun).
    I do understand that things which are technically bad for me are good for game, you don't.

And yet again - vast majority of mythic raiders are not in position where gear is a problem assuming they can play their class correctly.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know what the word obligatory means.

I also know how mages were using T3 to abuse evocation and swap gear before pull. After that blizz disabled older sets.

Maybe you didn't have weakauras earlier but it was available in like first (or second) week.

I don't enjoy busywork and we are back at point one which you simply cannot grasp: catering to mythic raider is fucking bad for game.
    Possibly because you have narrow horizon and cannot understand that vast majority of people dont do mythic raids.

Now put yourself in these people shoes and think what could you do in WoD - NOTHING, all you could do was apexis which were boring grind without rewards and farming gold in garrison, oh and garrison invasions (yay so fun).
    I do understand that things which are technically bad for me are good for game, you don't.

And yet again - vast majority of mythic raiders are not in position where gear is a problem assuming they can play their class correctly.
    Why do all of these new systems require a link to mythic raiding?

Would the covenants, soulbinds, and other systems really suffer if they were divorced from the more.. for a lack of a better term competitive side of wow?

It might even allow them to be more creative with what powers they can give players. I won't lie I care very,very little for non high end players myself but I fail to see why all roads must lead to Rome as it were.

Why not simply disable these systems from mythic raiding,pvp, and higher keys then tightly tune those?

Why do all of these new systems require a link to mythic raiding?
    And who cares? Nobody should, you are not sole player and game shouldn't be catered neither to you nor to me.
    There are tons of shit i dont care or straight up dislike, but I do understand that players don't give a fuck about mythic raids.

Again back to square one: I do understand that game need tons of variety and stuff that may even be bad for me BUT is good for overall game.
    You don't.

Yes covenants would lose any meaning if those systems were disconnected from them. People don't play mob farming simulator but a game with story and immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "leggos like vanilla, tbc,wrath,cata, were seen as game breaking powerful" So are Legendaries in Shadowlands. Gotta grind Torghast to get the shit ya need for em, bud. Same thing applied with everything else. Also note that grinding wasn't legendary specific, even during those earlier expansions, or even in Classic. "Mage tower was only cosmetic." Yes, but ya had to grind for it to get the badass artifact skin ya wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

8.2 was the best patch though. The fuck are you on about? I get BFA sucks and all, but to say 8.3 is the best patch of the expansion is wrong and ignorant.
    the FUCK are YOU on about?

If you feel like something within the game is obligatory and you hate doing it to the point of disliking the whole game, you might have to consider that this game is no longer for you.

Just saying.

How did you not get Blackhand in a WR200 guild? I got it in a WR450
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-07-12 at 12:42 AM.

I don't think they do... azerite,essences and corruption really soured the community. I think people want to go back to a risk reward system rather then a grind till your eyes bleed doing toothless content.
    Hm. And then you have people complaining about the loot not dropping for them and wants to go back to a currency system where at least you will get the loot. So the cycles of complaints continue.

I know it is not loot but it just simplify to two system.

A %drop system where it might drop or not.
    A currency where you grind the necessary currency system to buy the gear.

Blizzard has flip-flop on both numerous times for all kinds of rewards and each time, a portion of the player will complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    the FUCK are YOU on about?
    In terms of BFA content, 8.2 was definitely the best patch. 8.1 gave us another trash Warfront, 1 good raid, and I guess Crucible of Storms? 8.2 gave us Nazjatar, the Eternal Palace, the MoP upgrade system but obviously BFA themed, the Mechagon Zone, the Mechagon DUNGEON, and some other things I might be missing or not.

8.3 is just trash. Ny'alotha is an OK raid with a very humiliating final boss, corruption gear sucks, the invasions don't offer much, and overall the patch feels very, how should I put it...underwhelming?

And who cares? Nobody should, you are not sole player and game shouldn't be catered neither to you nor to me.
    There are tons of shit i dont care or straight up dislike, but I do understand that players don't give a fuck about mythic raids.

Again back to square one: I do understand that game need tons of variety and stuff that may even be bad for me BUT is good for overall game.
    You don't.

Yes covenants would lose any meaning if those systems were disconnected from them. People don't play mob farming simulator but a game with story and immersion.
    I mean the mythic players being dragged into for them mind numbing easy content care...

What a dumb retort.