Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

IS Shadowlands going to be a good expansion?

Thank god I didn't pre-order lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post

Why are you asking the question if you’ve already made up your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Why are you asking the question if you’ve already made up your mind?
    Because I would like to know what other people think about SL after those interviews.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's going to be awesome. Why shouldn't it? Because you build your opinion around click baiting YouTubers opinions?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Because you build your opinion around click baiting YouTubers opinions?
    Yeah because only them bring the source, not even Blizzard brings good stuff to hype up, don't you think?

Still nothing about class designs, only Thorgast... I feel great for the people who are hyped for it but I am not :-D
    Last edited by kodemonkee; 2020-07-11 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yeah it's going to be awesome. Why shouldn't it? Because you build your opinion around click baiting YouTubers opinions?
    Because bfa has been shit since beta-with beta feedback largely ignored-and because the covenant system is a huge problematic mess unless you only do 1 type of content (raid - m+ - pvp, and are ok in being able to do exactly 1 thing well in it. Tuning might cushion that, but some things are not a number issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    beta feedback largely ignored
    Exactly this! they are asking but we all know that Alpha and Beta is only a PR shit. I mean there are still bugs in WoD which were called out while Alpha/Beta which were even streamed...

I bet a 100 internet money that I am not the only one who didn't pre-order for the first time because... yeah because xD
    Last edited by kodemonkee; 2020-07-11 at 06:44 AM.

there is some soulbind testing going on, but some prime systems, like having to insert new gems in the binds each time you change them because you use the same ones for all specs are absolutely idiotic, and dont need testing to know its, at best, an annoying chore.

I don't have a problem with any of the answer Ion provided in those interviews.

I can't see into the future, so still have no idea if it will be a good expansion or not. I like what I've seen, and there is very few things I dislikes so far.

I havent played it and its still in Alpha, so I have nothing to judge it by

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I don't have a problem with any of the answer Ion provided in those interviews.
    Really? Wow, I am speechless because of this, either you didn't understand what he was saying or you're drunk mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    I havent played it and its still in Alpha, so I have nothing to judge it by
    Yeah this is the problem, no class design still. And please don't come with the 1 or 2 revamped abbilities...

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because only them bring the source, not even Blizzard brings good stuff to hype up, don't you think?

Still nothing about class designs, only Thorgast... I feel great for the people who are hyped for it but I am not :-D
    "still nothing about class designs"

1. they have been doing constant class design stuff, what are you talking about?
    2. balancing does not come to near the end, they literally explained it on wensday's stream
    "Big changes come first, then we balance, cause why balance something that is going to be scrapped"
    3. "Only torghast" they have talked about TONS of stuff outside of torghast.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why? Just why are you focusing on a game you don’t plan on playing?

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? Wow, I am speechless because of this, either you didn't understand what he was saying or you're drunk mate...

Yeah this is the problem, no class design still. And please don't come with the 1 or 2 revamped abbilities...
    Death Knights:
    Death and Decay, Anti-Magic Zone, Lichborne, Raise Dead and Chains of Ice are once again usable by Death Knights of all specs.
    Blood:
    Blood Tap is returning as a default ability.
    Rune Tap is now a default ability and no longer a talent.
    Frost:
    Frost DKs will again be able to change between two One-Handed Weapons or one Two-Handed Weapon.
    Frostwyrm's Fury is now a default ability and no longer a talent.
    Unholy:
    Summon Gargoyle is now a default ability and no longer a talent.
    Army of the Damned talent now has the Azerite trait Magus of the Dead baked into it.
    Mastery: Dreadblade now affects your minions as well as you.
    Demon Hunters:
    Fury is now the secondary resource for both specs.
    Immolation Aura is now usable by both specs, no longer being a Havoc talent.
    Vengeance:
    Fel Devastation is now a default spell and no longer a talent.
    Demonic is now a Vengeance talent as well, with the DH entering Metamorphosis after using Fel Devastation.
    Druids:
    Ferocious Bite, Barkskin, Cyclone, Stampeding Roar and Ironfur are now usable by all specializations.
    Heart of the Wild is returning as a talent for all specializations.
    Affinity talents are receiving extra utility: Balance Affinity now has Typhoon, Feral Affinity now has Maim, Guardian Affinity now has Incapacitating Roar and Restoration Affinity now has Ursol's Vortex.
    Balance:
    Wrath and Starfire are returning, granting Lunar and Solar Eclipses for a longer duration.
    Starfall is returning to its Warlords of Draenor version. It now extends the duration of Moonfire and Sunfire and its once again cast around the Druid.
    Guardian:
    Renewal is now a Guardian talent as well.
    Restoration:
    Swiftmend is returned to its original effect of consuming a heal-over-time effect on the target to heal them.
    Nature's Swiftness is returning, granting an instant cast on Regrowth, Rebirth or Entangling Roots.
    Nourish is now a normal talent.
    Hunters:
    Arcane Shot, Eye of the Beast, Hunter's Mark, Kill Shot, Scare Beast and Tranquilizing Shot are now returning and available to all specializations.
    Marksmanship:
    Volley is returning as a talent.
    Mages:
    Frostbolt, Fire Blast and Arcane Explosion are once again available to all specializations.
    Mirror Image is no longer a talent, now a baseline ability for all specializations.
    Fire Ward and Frost Ward are returning.
    Focus Magic is returning as a talent.
    Arcane:
    Touch of the Magi is now a baseline ability.
    Monks:
    Expel Harm, Fortifying Brew, Spinning Crane Kick and Touch of Death are once again available to all specializations.
    Touch of Death is also returned to its original design of killing an enemy with less health than the Monk and granting different effects depending on the specialization.
    Brewmaster:
    Brewmaster Monks can once again choose between using two One-Handed Weapons or one Two-Handed Weapon.
    Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox is now a baseline ability.
    Shuffle is returned as a mechanic.
    Killing a target with Touch of Death will also clear all remaining Stagger damage.
    The Legion Artifact ability Exploding Keg is returning as a talent!
    Mistweaver:
    Killing a target with Touch of Death will also spawn healing spheres for the Monk's allies.
    Windwalker:
    Windwalker Monks can once again choose between using two One-Handed Weapons or one Two-Handed Weapon.
    Killing a target with Touch of Death will also spawn chi spheres for the Monk.
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger is now a baseline ability.
    Paladins:
    Blessing of Sacrifice, Hammer of Wrath, Shield of the Righteous and Word of Glory are now baseline abilities for all specializations.
    Holy Power returns as a resource for all specializations, with abilities such as Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath generating Holy Power and Word of Glory and Shield of the Righteous as Holy Power spenders.
    Auras are returning: Concentration Aura, Retribution Aura, Crusader Aura and Devotion Aura are now available for all specializations.
    Sense Undead and Turn Evil are returning abilities.
    The talents Divine Purpose, Holy Avenger and Seraphim are now available for all specializations, with their effects standardized.
    Holy:
    The Azerite Trait Glimmer of Light is now a level 50 talent.
    Aura Mastery will once again interact with the chosen Paladin auras.
    Retribution:
    Wake of Ashes is now a baseline ability.
    The Azerite Trait Empyrean Power is now a talent.
    Priests:
    Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death and Shadow Word: Pain are once again available to all specializations.
    Mind Soothe and Power Infusion are returning abilities.
    Discipline:
    Mind Blast now provides a powerful burst of damage, Atonement healing and an absorption shield for a significant mana cost.
    Holy:
    Circle of Healing is now a baseline ability.
    Rogues:
    Poisons are returning for all specializations: Instant Poison, Crippling Poison and Mind-numbing Poison.
    Evasion and Kidney Shot are once again available for all specializations.
    Shiv is now a baseline ability for all specializations.
    Pick Pocket is reimagined, now gathering ingredients to augment Crimson Vial.
    Assassination:
    Ambush returns as an Assassination ability.
    Outlaw:
    Roll the Bones is now a cooldown and no longer uses combo points.
    Riposte is now a talent that will improve Evasion.
    Subtlety:
    Find Weakness is now a baseline ability.
    Dark Shadow is now baked into Shadow Dance at the cost of a longer cooldown for the ability.
    Rupture returns as a baseline ability.
    Shaman:
    Chain Heal, Chain Lightning, Flametongue Weapon, Flame Shock, Frost Shock and Lightning Shield are once again available for all specializations.
    Totems are returning for all specializations: Healing Stream Totem and Searing Totem.
    Elemental:
    Maelstrom is no longer a resource, with Elemental once again focusing on managing Lava Surge and Fulmination stacks.
    Enhancement:
    Maelstrom is no longer a resource, with Enhancement once again focusing on repeated casts of Stormstrike.
    Maelstrom Weapon and Windfury Weapon return as baseline abilities.
    Elemental Blast and Stormkeeper are now talent options for Enhancement, both effects being improved by Maelstrom Weapon.
    Restoration:
    Earth Shield is now a baseline ability.
    Warlocks:
    Curses are returning: Curse of Doom, Curse of Tongues, Curse of Recklessness and Curse of Weakness are returning as baseline abilities.
    Demonic Circle is once again a baseline ability.
    Warriors:
    Execute, Hamstring, Ignore Pain, Shield Block, Shield Slam, Slam, Spell Reflection and Whirlwind are now available to all specializations.
    Challenging Shout, Intervene and Shattering Throw return as baseline abilities.
    Double Time and War Machine are available as talents for all specializations.
    Arms:
    Piercing Howl returns as a baseline ability.
    Seismic Wave is now baked into Overpower, happening when Overpower hits two targets under the effects of Sweeping Strikes.
    Fury:
    Wrecking Ball returns as a talent option.

I can link you the literal PAGES of changes, but that will get me an infraction for spamming so maybe take a look at this.

Druid class changes - https://puu.sh/G5U1I/7ad4160291.mp4
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Oh look another bullshit toxic thread.

Wouldn't shock me if the OP is banned when I check this thread tomorrow.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's so funny to see people saying "lol glad I didn't pre-order" cause I'm pretty sure most of them pre-order before me. People not interested in buying next expac just don't post here.

What the fuck are you people smoking? They've been talking about class designs MULTIPLE TIMES. Are you guys deliberately trying to be blind or is it just for shits and giggles?

EDIT: This person willingly preordered BFA, let that sink in, but feels that Shadowlands brings "nothing"
    His word has about as much meaning as Donald Trump has credibility.
    Last edited by Trinkie; 2020-07-11 at 07:36 AM.

Probably not, but if MMORPG is your favorite genre, what else is there to play? I hadn't played WoW since 2017 and decided to pick it back up 3 or 4 days ago. Played for half an hour and was utterly disappointed, uninstalled. Yesterday i installed the game again and i'm going to give it another go, now with much lower expectations.

I played ESO for 2 years and i'm tired with the complete lack of competence they show with every patch. I won't play any eastern mmo, the art style is a no-no for me.

Alright. I tried to bite my tongue here but I no longer feel able to. I have read every comment here. I looked at each perspective. Everyone brought forward great points about BfA and Shadow Lands. But here’s the fact and you’re not gonna like it; I don’t know and don’t care.