Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As someone who has mostly enjoyed BFA (it's not one of the best expansions or anything but i've enjoyed it more than WoD, WotLK and Cata) I kinda fear Blizz will learn the wrong lessons from the overall reception to BFA and Shadowlands might reflect that.

I'm hyped for what I'm seeing in terms of art from Shadowlands - the zones look great, the new instances look cool and all of that feels super exciting. On the flip side I'm not that hyped for the Covenant system because I want to have the option to be optimized for any content I do and Covenants will put a stop to that. I would also want to pick different covenants for alts but knowing some of them will be better than others, that might not even be a realistic option for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but, I feel like this post is kinda pointless. Just by what you said after the videos, You kinda contradicted your question lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Thank god I didn't pre-order lol
    I will tell you once pre-patch for 10.0 comes out. For now, you seem to have made up your own mind without any of your own experiences.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's looks to be a awesome expansion.

A bit confusing, but I'm very much looking forward to it. It can't be worse than BFA atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yeah it's going to be awesome. Why shouldn't it? Because you build your opinion around click baiting YouTubers opinions?
    If some YouTuber happens to have an opinion that I already held, now I'm basing my opinion on theirs? lol

I've played WoW for 15 years. I've played every expansion and almost every patch with a few exceptions (most of them recent)

I don't need a YouTuber to tell me that covenants and rental power systems are going to be a shitshow, that class design will continue to suck, that gear acquisition in PvP will still be a mess. I reached those conclusions all on my own based on my extensive experience playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    It's looks to be a awesome expansion.

A bit confusing, but I'm very much looking forward to it. It can't be worse than BFA atleast
    People also said that BFA couldn't be worse than Legion, Legion couldn't be worse than WoD, WoD couldn't be worse than MoP, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    As someone who has mostly enjoyed BFA (it's not one of the best expansions or anything but i've enjoyed it more than WoD, WotLK and Cata)
    lmao ok

I always thought the target demographic of dumbed down nu-WoW was a myth made up by blizzard's market analysts and product managers. It's weird to actually encounter someone in the wild who eats this garbage up.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

WoW Expansions always look good on paper.

I'm going to withhold judgement on anything until i see them myself in Beta and see how the reward structure works here.

However, the two things are clearly worry me are:
    1.Covenants.

They are just a disaster in the making because Blizzard sucks as balance, the restriction is the Nail in the coffin here.
    Blizzard can't even wait until the first week of raiding like they do with class balance, it needs to be balanced from day one.

2.System overload
    As hinted above, how systems interact with the reward structure is crucial to their failure or success.
    For example, i consider Horrific visions not bad, but not that good that i loved running them thrice in a row for a single fucking cloak upgrade.

This also seems rather odd considering we're coming out of an expansion that quite clearly had too many systems.

I think so yes. But I liked all the previous expansions because I am a bit easy to entertain I guess. I try not to focus on the negative things and rather focus on the positive .

I am liking what I see a lot so far. I cant wait to try out different alts with different covenants and so on. The art team and music composer always does amazing work so if that is good I am generally happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    lmao ok

I always thought the target demographic of dumbed down nu-WoW was a myth made up by blizzard's market analysts and product managers. It's weird to actually encounter someone in the wild who eats this garbage up.
    Not sure what the purpose of this comment is? If you think the game hasn't been good for ages then why are you still here?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For us, yes.

For you, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    WoW Expansions always look good on paper.
    No they don't. I knew WoD was going to be trash, I knew Legion was going to be trash, and I knew BfA would be trash. Just my looking at the shitty features, and most of all the pruning and class design, on paper. "Yup this is going to be utterly terrible."

And I was right each time.

Shadowlands looks terrible too. The so-called "unpruning" is a joke. They are hardly bringing anything back. All aboard for another expansion of dumbed down, pruned class design and garbage rental powers that aren't interesting to use in any fashion.
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-07-11 at 12:43 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I knew Legion was going to be trash

And I was right each time.
    You know you can't trust this guy's opinion.

Anyway, some people will like SL, others will not. It's too early to say for sure but I think it looks good so far.
    Last edited by JustaRandomReindeer; 2022-12-03 at 12:51 PM.

Well, it certainly isn't what i would like to see, but i will give it a chance cause it's already been decided. Because of my friends, not the devs. But, i have not pre-ordered cause i see no reason to. I will not pretend i'm hyped when i'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Exactly this! they are asking but we all know that Alpha and Beta is only a PR shit. I mean there are still bugs in WoD which were called out while Alpha/Beta which were even streamed...
    There have been quite a few changes made because of feedback this time round, which is nice. I'm cautiously optimistic. I have the pre-order because I was given it as a present. I don't know that I'd have bought it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaRandomReindeer View Post

Anyway, some people will like SL, others will not. It's too early to say for sure but I think it looks great so far.
    Ah yeah I forgot that many players loves Legion because "all of the amazing content!!!1" while they forget that the classes you play through that content with are completely ruined

"But my artifact was so cool!!111" meanwhile it's a stupid grind for artificial character power that doesn't relate at all to how you actually push your buttons.

Imagine deleting iconic abilities from our spellbooks that actually have resource costs and interesting gameplay and do more than just 2% more damage, and replacing them with rental powers on a stupid "talent grid" (not even that because there are no choices, you just fill the thing out completely) with a bunch of dumb and generic minor effects that would fit better in a Diablo style action RPG.

Imagine classes that don't even feel satisfying to play, that aren't even mechanically whole, until you FINALLY get a certain Legendary.... and then that Legendary is disabled in PvP so your class never feels mechanically whole

Legion was a shit expansion specifically targeted at the laziest, most lacking in critical thinking, and most unskilled subset of WoW players
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2020-07-11 at 01:08 PM.

― Douglas Adams

now i understand OPs choice of avatar pic after he posted an asmongold vid jesus dude
    I.O BFA Season 3

Anyway, some people will like SL, others will not. It's too early to say for sure but I think it looks great so far.
    Legion is the root of all the major current problems. I know i can trust his opinion, but not yours apparantly.

Did you miss the gutting of classes baseline? Did you miss rng relics? Dis you miss the infinite AP grind? All the base problems of BfA came from Legion and have not only poisoned BfA as it is already confirmed it will poison some of SL aswell.
    But hey... those shiny weapons amiright?

Yeah, he sees more than you, sorry.

ITs pretty fun in Alpha already, just a lot of Systems that might be grindy AF, but other than that, pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Legion is the root of all the major current problems. I know i can trust his opinion, but not yours apparantly.

Did you miss the gutting of classes baseline? Did you miss rng relics? Dis you miss the infinite AP grind? All the base problems of BfA came from Legion and have not only poisoned BfA as it is already confirmed it will poison some of SL aswell.
    But hey... those shiny weapons amiright?

Yeah, he sees more than you, sorry.
    BfA is the problem because they decided to remove everything that made Legion awesome and turn BfA into the Alpha version of Legion. Your argument is pretty shit, ngl. Legion had its problems but it was still a top tier expansion.
    Last edited by JustaRandomReindeer; 2022-12-03 at 12:51 PM.

BfA is the problem because they decided to remove everything that made Legion awesome and turn BfA into the Alpha version of Legion. Your argument is pretty shit, ngl. Legion had its problems but it was still a top tier expansion. And from what we've seen so far SL is turning out to be a top tier expansion too.
    Translation: "I love pruned, dumbed down class design!!!!"

P.S. If you think Artifacts were ever designed to stay, they weren't. Welcome to your new carousel of shit, boring, generic rental powers, brought to you by World of Warcraft: Legion.

― Douglas Adams

15+ Year Old Account
    So funny how people that don't like something want others to think the same.
    Buddy, we don't care what you think. We make up our own minds.
    I love SL and all the changes so far.