Poll: Should weekly raid “cache” items return?

Should the Raiding weekly cache return?

Beginning in WoD with the mission table and continuing in Legion, there was a weekly mission/quest for a guaranteed but utterly random piece of loot from the raid, similar to the weekly Mythic+ cache.

Although BFA’s permanent personal loot in raids made obtaining at least one item more or less guaranteed so long as your group cleared most of the raid, in BFA the weekly extra raid item didn’t continue. Legion made a definite improvement in giving gear only from the difficulty you were killing bosses, AND made you actually go kill bosses to get loot. (All my toons still get three free pieces of raid gear from Draenor raid missions every week for basically free; it’s been GREAT for xmog farming!)

In Shadowlands, do you think this weekly guaranteed raid item should return?
    Last edited by UpsideDownCoffee; 2020-07-11 at 12:10 AM.

Conceivably as an alternate system to the 15+ chest for the incalculably small group of people who raid but won't do one 15 a week.

Beyond that no, there's already a PvE chest and essentially anyone who can raid can get it already.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

As far as we've heard they are basically giving us this.

The weekly chest is based off the content you do, if you do mythic raiding you should get a mythic raid level piece out of it, same with M+ and pvp. But it's one chest with like 3 item choices or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Conceivably as an alternate system to the 15+ chest for the incalculably small group of people who raid but won't do one 15 a week.

Beyond that no, there's already a PvE chest and essentially anyone who can raid can get it already.
    The only reason I dungeon is for the chest. People will do what rewards them for the content they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    As far as we've heard they are basically giving us this.

The weekly chest is based off the content you do, if you do mythic raiding you should get a mythic raid level piece out of it, same with M+ and pvp. But it's one chest with like 3 item choices or something.
    Oh is it one big shared chest? That makes sense to equalize the playing field but for people who do all the content (raiding, M+, pvp) that’s a fair amount less loot.

Quote Originally Posted by UpsideDownCoffee View Post
    Oh is it one big shared chest? That makes sense to equalize the playing field but for people who do all the content (raiding, M+, pvp) that’s a fair amount less loot.
    It's one less piece since pvp used to be it's own chest. But yea, they basically want less loot, like M+ possibly only dropping 1 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Beyond that no, there's already a lPvE chest and essentially anyone who can raid can get it already.
    You’d be surprised. My guild is 11/12 Mythic and most of the raid team only even does a single M+15 every week, and most of them don’t care if it’s in time so they fuck around a bunch. I had to PUG the Keystone Master S4 achievement! Half the raid would never do M+ at all if our raid lead hadn’t made it guild policy that if you aren’t doing your weekly +15 for 475 gear you weren’t raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

It's one less piece since pvp used to be it's own chest. But yea, they basically want less loot, like M+ possibly only dropping 1 piece.
    I posted in another thread (which gave me the idea for this one) about how ambiguous the wording is and that several conclusions can be drawn because of it. I’ll make a post on the official NA forums asking for clarification; someone should do it on EU as well.

Nah. It was a bit too much. While wod had the some of the best encounters, the weekly chest made it easy to get the next one up piece. I mean, what you could do back then was run a full heroic run twice or run kargath something like 8-12 times(cant remember the actual kills but it wasnt saved to each boss per week, i did this then) and get a mythic box the next week.

We already have a mythic+ box and a pvp box. We dont need another one. Though, they could add the raid loot to the mythic+ box and depending on the level of keystone, you could get a lfr-mythic variant item from the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by UpsideDownCoffee View Post
    You’d be surprised. My guild is 11/12 Mythic and most of the raid team only even does a single M+15 every week, and most of them don’t care if it’s in time so they fuck around a bunch. I had to PUG the Keystone Master S4 achievement! Half the raid would never do M+ at all if our raid lead hadn’t made it guild policy that if you aren’t doing your weekly +15 for 475 gear you weren’t raiding.
    But that was kind of my point as a mythic raider you can do it, easily. I mean I get it, let into a tier I can barely muster the desire to do one 15 most weeks.

Besides based on what Onikarosh said, they're basically doing the hypothetical system I preposed for people who can't be bothered. Seems like a win for mythic raiders who can't be arsed tbh.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Nah. It was a bit too much. While wod had the some of the best encounters, the weekly chest made it easy to get the next one up piece. I mean, what you could do back then was run a full heroic run twice or run kargath something like 8-12 times(cant remember the actual kills but it wasnt saved to each boss per week, i did this then) and get a mythic box the next week.

We already have a mythic+ box and a pvp box. We dont need another one. Though, they could add the raid loot to the mythic+ box and depending on the level of keystone, you could get a lfr-mythic variant item from the raid.
    Well, they're making it one box from all content you do, so... it's kind of the same. Just means if you don't want to m+ as a mythic raider after you got your heroic level gear, you don't have to.

Honestly, I think a weekly chest from dungeons is already pushing it, especially in Shadowlands where we will be able to choose an item. In PvP you need some serious rating to get a good item out of it. You are pretty much always higher ilvl than what you get in that chest because getting gear in PvE is so easy these days. We really don't need another chest with another high ilvl item. We need the opposite. Less high ilvl items from "side content"

I prefer getting loot in the moment after victory and defeating the bosses and looting them to just logging in and opening a chest because of something I did earlier. I do think it's better than paying gold or currency for bonus rolls, but bonus rolls would immediately be better than weekly chests if you just got them every week for logging in and didn't have to give up anything for them. Bonus rolls basically accomplish the same thing as the weekly chest, but you get to experience the drop at the moment you're done with the raid boss or dungeon and also get to target the loot more accurately than the chest when it comes to raid bosses and I think that way is ultimately preferable.

Well, they're making it one box from all content you do, so... it's kind of the same. Just means if you don't want to m+ as a mythic raider after you got your heroic level gear, you don't have to.
    Are they? I was unaware.

The way it worked in WoD was pretty bad with how you could unlock a mythic level reward by only doing heroic, I thought the way it worked in Legion was better though considering you had to kill X bosses on mythic to get mythic loot from the quest. I don't mind it as a separate thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Are they? I was unaware.
    Yea, as far as is known, they discussed it at blizzcon. Now, that's not saying it couldn't change mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    The way it worked in WoD was pretty bad with how you could unlock a mythic level reward by only doing heroic, I thought the way it worked in Legion was better though considering you had to kill X bosses on mythic to get mythic loot from the quest. I don't mind it as a separate thing.
    Was that how it worked in wod? I honestly don't remember lol.

I know how it worked in legion with needed to kill x boss in mythic.

Yea, as far as is known, they discussed it at blizzcon. Now, that's not saying it couldn't change mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

Was that how it worked in wod? I honestly don't remember lol.

I know how it worked in legion with needed to kill x boss in mythic.
    Yeah, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was something like "If you kill 12 bosses on heroic you unlock mythic level reward" despite not having to kill anything on mythic to do so. The change in Legion to require the same 'level' difficulty to get that loot was a great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Yeah, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was something like "If you kill 12 bosses on heroic you unlock mythic level reward" despite not having to kill anything on mythic to do so. The change in Legion to require the same 'level' difficulty to get that loot was a great change.
    Free mythic item for doing nothing every 2 weeks would be kind of bs lol.