Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I can understand about heirlooms if they're totally changing the levelling experience so that won't be a biggy for me to loose, i'd like to keep it so they still level with you, so you don't have to worry about changing gear until you're high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Million dollar question: For classes with paired weapons like rogue, frost DK, and WF monk, will transmogging the MH still apply the same artifact look on the OH, or can they be mogged independently?
    Thats a good question. Since it do that now I guess it will be the same in SL. But with all the new tech(lol) they suddenly got, who knows

While leaving a covenant is a relatively straightforward process, coming back to one isn't as easy, as it is akin to "breaking" an oath.
    Players who do so will incur penalties, such as the inability to claim covenant-exclusive rewards such as armor, and even soulbind abilities.
    No

nononononononon

Its bad enough that switching covenants is going to be massively time consuming and backwards progressing - but threatening people that they will lose access to cosmetic rewards or even soulbind stuff if they want to go back is some really dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    It is, in no way, BiS gear. At any level. It used to be but that's not the case anymore. Now it's slightly below green's of your current level. The only advantage is it levels with you.
    This is incorrect, as a quick check of the various databases will show. The Heirlooms are generally slightly better than a green and the same or slightly worse than a blue of the same required level except in the 111-120 range.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-07-10 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Your logic is so incredibly flawed, I don't even know where to begin. For one, leveling on the PTR is made much much quicker for the purposes of testing. It is very likely it won't be that fast on live. For two, people have left the game in droves for less. This heirloom nonsense is definitely going to lose Blizzard A ALOT of players. For three, nothing should be removed at all in return for a refund. Saying we "got our monies worth" is exceptionally idiotic. There are many players, including myself, that have spent a hefty amount of gold across expansions in order to keep heirlooms up to date. Blizzard removing the exp boost after gutting their stats in BfA is an incredibly dumb move. Because they were supposed to be PERMANENT. These changes will literally make heirlooms useless and therefore, Blizzard would be showing us that they created a gold sink in game that will now be for absolutely nothing. It's like they're TRYING to get people to leave the game at this point.
    Blizzard already said that leveling in shadowlands will be considerably faster than today, So its not just faster on beta for testing.
    And you need to stop the hyperbole with people leaving in droves for these changes, you don't even know what changes the heirloom gonna get. Ive also put in several tens of thousands in gold to upgrade my heirlooms. I used them to level several chars to max level and now the faster xp will be baked into the baseline leveling experience and the gear will be changed into something else we don't know yet. Leveling will still be fast and you don't know what we get yet. It aint nearly such a big problem as you trying to make it into.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Blizzard already said that leveling in shadowlands will be considerably faster than today, So its not just faster on beta for testing.
    And you need to stop the hyperbole with people leaving in droves for these changes, you don't even know what changes the heirloom gonna get. Ive also put in several tens of thousands in gold to upgrade my heirlooms. I used them to level several chars to max level and now the faster xp will be baked into the baseline leveling experience and the gear will be changed into something else we don't know yet. Leveling will still be fast and you don't know what we get yet. It aint nearly such a big problem as you trying to make it into.
    the fact that you actually believe Blizzard after they've lied about game mechanics for the last three expansions is just....silly. As for hyperbole? People left in droves over flying which isn't even that big of a deal because they would unlock it later. This heirloom decision is WAY more damaging because it's not temporary. It's permanent. they've basically telling all the people that spent gold on them for the experience buff to go fuck themselves. And I don't believe even for a second that leveling will be THAT fast. They've said that before and it never ended up being true. So just because you're ok with being a Blizzard shill doesn't mean I'm gonna stand for it.

So just because you're ok with being a Blizzard shill doesn't mean I'm gonna stand for it.
    Well, stand for it or just quit the game. If you have played wow for years, u should know by now, that blizzards decisions are never set in stone. Or are you just being naive? If you mean, that blizzard left the impression on you, that the heirlooms where gonna stay the same and stay forever in game, just because the never said the opposite, then you can only blame yourself for believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    Well, stand for it or just quit the game. If you have played wow for years, u should know by now, that blizzards decisions are never set in stone. Or are you just being naive? If you mean, that blizzard left the impression on you, that the heirlooms where gonna stay the same and stay forever in game, just because the never said the opposite, then you can only blame yourself for believing that.
    "It's always the player's fault" - Blizzard shill

A long time ago, we had the ability for players to go in - it was actually a paid service - and change their character. Much of that is now in the barber shop in the game," he said. "And as we were adding things up in Shadowlands, we realised, 'Gosh the only way you can change your gender in World of Warcraft is to go through this paid service.' And we felt like that's not the right message.

"Unfortunately we can't fix that right now but it is our intent with Shadowlands to take that out of being a paid service thing and [put it] in the barber shop. But that's not something we can easily hotfix - unfortunately we can't do that right now. It is something that we're going to have in Shadowlands itself.
    I would insist, that they can easily hotfix this right now. Just replace the EUR/US price in the shop with a BIG FAT 0? And while they are at it, they could do the same for racechange, because not just all sex matters, all races matters too, right?