Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    The Battle of Darkshore was an attempt at satysfying the NE players - and really all the Alliance Players fed up with the Anduin's side of the faction - but so hamfisted and terrible that it looks more like an insult that anything else.
    Looks like a recurring theme in BfA... Let's see:

Writers failed to make Sylvanas' murderbois happy, since they made her tell "you are all nothing!" for discernably no reason, other than to underline how evVuL she is. It's like no one had realised that already

Writers failed to make Saurfang's honourbois happy, since they made him run like a real wuss to Anduin, again for discernably no reason, other than to stretch the story to accomodate the Alliance... somehow.

Writers failed to make Alliance players happy, since they have been massively cucked - once again. What was supposed to be a "fist pump" moment for poor nelfs was so badly written (even for current standards) that it feels, and LOOKS, terrible... Just terrible.

Although an exception should be made for the bunch of Anduin groupies. Those are the only ones who could actually like BfA's story.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Looks like a recurring theme in BfA... Let's see:

Writers failed to make Sylvanas' murderbois happy, since they made her tell "you are all nothing!" for discernably no reason, other than to underline how evVuL she is. It's like no one had realised that already

Writers failed to make Saurfang's honourbois happy, since they made him run like a real wuss to Anduin, again for discernably no reason, other than to stretch the story to accomodate the Alliance... somehow.

Writers failed to make Alliance players happy, since they have been massively cucked - once again. What was supposed to be a "fist pump" moment for poor nelfs was so badly written (even for current standards) that it feels, and LOOKS, terrible... Just terrible.

Although an exception should be made for the bunch of Anduin groupies. Those are the only ones who could actually like BfA's story.
    Question is, can they turn it around for everyone? Can all this horribleness for night elves, for the alliance, for the horde etc, end in them being in an even better place that would have made the emotional turmoil and the heartache worth it?

thi s is why I suggest rather incredible outcomes for night elves, because tragedy is a part of a narrative and life, and is appreciated when it leads to something better. This is something the developers have the power to do and should do. And is what I advocate for everyone.

Now I only focus on the night elf recompense, because I'm a visionary, a forward looking thinker. They should suggest developments they would like to see, rather than just criticise why night elves can't have this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Question is, can they turn it around for everyone? Can all this horribleness for night elves, for the alliance, for the horde etc, end in them being in an even better place that would have made the emotional turmoil and the heartache worth it?

thi s is why I suggest rather incredible outcomes for night elves, because tragedy is a part of a narrative and life, and is appreciated when it leads to something better. This is something the developers have the power to do and should do. And is what I advocate for everyone.

Now I only focus on the night elf recompense, because I'm a visionary, a forward looking thinker. They should suggest developments they would like to see, rather than just criticise why night elves can't have this or that.
    They can, but they won't. Because races aren't a focus, it's just events now, and narrative progression focused on key characters that lead to a new theme for an expansion, it's never about going back, or developing the races or showing how they get along. Didn't you guys suggest a system a while back where building up your capital and capital zone could be like an evolved Garrisons/Class order hall experience wrapped into a Race campaign similar to the Covenant experience - and this coudl be going on in cunjunction wit ht he main narrative.

it will take that sort of effort, and I'm now convinced we won't see it. EVER. If this is what you want from wow, might as well give up now. Otherwise just accept if for what it is and enjoy what you have, this company isn't going further than the pace you have with this product. They could, but they won't. Don't have the passion for it they once did - they bought new people in with skills, not with passion for warcraft - and then Activision took over and now it's largely about the $$$ and bottom line etc.