Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I get it u wanna feel "different", but if if feeling different means ur gonna do 15% less dps than ur fellow guildie rogue just cause u picked the "wrong" covenant, thats not gonna fly in a mythic raiding guild.
    You'd be fine in mine, but we don't shoot to be competitive, we just shoot to complete CE. Don't keep a bench either. But you have to be super non-competitive to do those things, anyone shooting for rank isn't going to want someone playing a worse spec or bad covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I don't understand the point of this post.
    It doesnt need a point. This is MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Nothing can ever be permanent, you have to be able to completely change your entire playstyle between trash packs otherwise they can't play the game. I'm surprised that they aren't demanding multi classing and the ability to swap class at the click of a button like in FFXIV because god forbid you're not 100% optimal 100% of the time.

What about everyone else who do like to express themselves through their character and make it permanently unique from everyone else? I don't think we need less systems like covenant abilities, we need more of them. The feeling that my rogue is different from the rogue next to me is very important to a lot of people I would assume, it makes it feel like it's my rogue and not some disposable thing.

Yes I know that you can respec freely in Divinity, good job for finding that one game that allows for it, most RPGs don't.
    Look at the mythic kills. Most of them are done just by a second. Or a "kill all" mechanic is done just on point.
    Without changing to the best there would not have been a kill.

And just because they do it you don't have to do you?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Nothing can ever be permanent, you have to be able to completely change your entire playstyle between trash packs otherwise they can't play the game. I'm surprised that they aren't demanding multi classing and the ability to swap class at the click of a button like in FFXIV because god forbid you're not 100% optimal 100% of the time.

What about everyone else who do like to express themselves through their character and make it permanently unique from everyone else? I don't think we need less systems like covenant abilities, we need more of them. The feeling that my rogue is different from the rogue next to me is very important to a lot of people I would assume, it makes it feel like it's my rogue and not some disposable thing.

Yes I know that you can respec freely in Divinity, good job for finding that one game that allows for it, most RPGs don't.
    Just you.
    I'm a 2k rating and heroic raider and I want to be all of those things as well.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

its you

theres nothing permanent in this game and you want players to be limited becaus them having choice somehow hurts you

its you man

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Forgot to mention i was applying to a guild. But it was only like a top 15 on server and like maybe 1000overall at the time. Cant remember.
    So you felt aggrieved because you wanted to join a group and didn't want to abide by what they wanted in order for you to join the group. fair enough that doesn't make the guild entitled tho

I am waiting on the add-on that tells you what peoples covenants are since i am sure Armory will have the selection.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    So you felt aggrieved because you wanted to join a group and didn't want to abide by what they wanted in order for you to join the group. fair enough that doesn't make the guild entitled tho
    Not exactly how you think it went down. It was over one talent. They were extremely toxic about it, thats all I remember about the encounter.

It wasnt that i wouldnt change to that talent, i tried it out and hated it. If you played demo at that time you would understand that it made the gameplay of demo trash. Yes it was a 3% increase but only if you could stand still 100% of the time but there were no fights with minimal movement. Ursoc was the closest thing to patchwerk at the time and that should say a lot.

It was definitely an entitlement issue with them. Especially when they say screw fun.

Shit players still think "evil raiders" want to take things away from them, while in reality, terrible systems fuck everybody, you are just too bad to realise it.
    Besides.
    If I can switch everything easy - it doesn't affect you. Make your choice and roleplay the way you want.
    But if we can not switch - it is fine for you, nothing changed, but other people are punished for nothing.
    So...looks like you are the one who is entitled. You want to put an anchor on other, better player's feet to make them equal with you, and all this other bullshit about "but muh RPG" is just crap.
    Make your choice and stick with it, fuck of with this shit from others, who want to change things like it was possible since the day one of the game.
    Last edited by Pury; 2020-07-11 at 04:23 PM.

Not exactly how you think it went down. It was over one talent. They were extremely toxic about it, thats all I remember about the encounter.

It wasnt that i wouldnt change to that talent, i tried it out and hated it. If you played demo at that time you would understand that it made the gameplay of demo trash. Yes it was a 3% increase but only if you could stand still 100% of the time but there were no fights with minimal movement. Ursoc was the closest thing to patchwerk at the time and that should say a lot.

It was definitely an entitlement issue with them. Especially when they say screw fun.
    How is that entitlement, whether or not you agree with it or how much of a benefit of it was.
    It doesn't matter how "toxic" they were if they wanted you to do that to play with them but you didn't like it etc doesn't make them entitled.

If anything it makes you entitled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Yeah, that one game. Also Diablo. Also Borderlands. Also ESO. Also just about every game made after the year 2000.

People don't want to spend hundreds of hours and be "stuck" due to permanence. Developers don't WANT players to spend hundreds of hours and have the potential to get "stuck". That's why racials aren't 10% DPS gains, they're 1%ish or less. Because that's "permanent" unless you fork the cash over.

So either the choices have weight to them, or they're permanent - one or the other. Take your pick.

And I'd love to stop playing so optimally. I want to be Night Fae, but I'm not going to be able to be - go ahead and direct your complaints at the Blizzard encounter tuning department. I want to raid the hardest content in the game, and this is the way I have to do it. It's not something I enjoy thoroughly, I'm FORCED to do this so 300 N'Zoth wipes doesn't turn into 800+.
    Why can't you be Night Fae?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    12 years ago I made a guild. I had turned my back at PvE and wanted something pvp/casual. 12 yrs later its a lively pvp/M+ focused guild. Its not the world top 10 or top 100 or whatever but we have people who stayed for 12 yrs and that on its own means everything. Just play as you like you will always find people that play at your level and your liking and wont judge. Its a game it shouldn't be something people use to give u a bad day.
    Been in a few guilds myself that has had players that has been there for 10+ years. Pretty dope tbh. There are many toxic guild atmospheres out there, but there's also many great ones!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    How is that entitlement, whether or not you agree with it or how much of a benefit of it was.
    It doesn't matter how "toxic" they were if they wanted you to do that to play with them but you didn't like it etc doesn't make them entitled.

If anything it makes you entitled.
    Nah i just left as soon as i saw they were toxic.
    Well after the the whole encounter. Didnt talk to them again. While being toxic ofc.

To put it in a way you might be able to understand, it was a case of our current warlock does this and we want all our other warlocks to do this and if they dont do exactly as our other warlock does then we wont let them join.

Pretty sure thats entitlement to its very definition.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2020-07-11 at 04:37 PM.

Nah i just left as soon as i saw they were toxic.
    But you've been using it as an example of how they were entitled. How are they entitled.

If the guild was on progress, you pick whatever is best regardless of FUN... If you want to have fun you can join any other of the bottom of the barrel guilds that "prog" in mythic raids. You are entitled, it's been that way since forever and it wont change. Once you have stuff on farm, spec whatever the hell you want, until then, you always pick the best dps increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    Shit players still think "evil raiders" want to take things away from them, while in reality, terrible systems fuck everybody, you are just too bad to realise it.
    Besides.
    If I can switch everything easy - it doesn't affect you. Make your choice and roleplay the way you want.
    But if we can not switch - it is fine for you, nothing changed, but other people are punished for nothing.
    So...looks like you are the one who is entitled. You want to put an anchor on other, better player's feet to make them equal with you, and all this other bullshit about "but muh RPG" is just crap.
    Make your choice and stick with it, fuck of with this shit from others, who want to change things like it was possible since the day one of the game.
    I don't really see it much different than the same argument that has been had over flying for years. One group wants flying limited and when they are reminded they do have the option to not use it that isn't good enough.

There are a group of people out there that just need to have their choices and game play arbitrarily limited. For some it's so they can make the " wrong choice " and still be seen as ok, while for others they need Blizzard to save them from themselves.

The harcore/elite are just used as an adversarial punching bag because people have always had a preconceived notion about them. Very rarely are the battle lines that cut and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    If the guild was on progress, you pick whatever is best regardless of FUN... If you want to have fun you can join any other of the bottom of the barrel guilds that "prog" in mythic raids. You are entitled, it's been that way since forever and it wont change. Once you have stuff on farm, spec whatever the hell you want, until then, you always pick the best dps increase.
    I disagree. But you can have your opinion.

To put it in a way you might be able to understand, it was a case of our current warlock does this and we want all our other warlocks to do this and if they dont do exactly as our other warlock does then we wont let them join.

They wanted you to commit to their standard.

Wanting them not to apply said standard to you points toward you being entitled.
    I disagree. But you can have your opinion.
    also known as " i have no way to counter your point so i'll say it's my opinion"

I mean it doesn't fit anywhere near close to the definition of entitlement. Elitist? Potentially. Entitled? Not by a long shot.

This isn't about Mythic Raiders.

https://www.pcgamer.com/wow-covenant...ffer-pcgamertw

"What can easily be dismissed as a concern for only like the top fraction of one percent of players has a way of trickling down through guides and player perception into the behavior of a broader range of players," game director Ion Hazzikostas told me in an interview yesterday. "And I think, at the core of a lot of these concerns is the anxiety that someone is going to pick the Covenant that they think is coolest and then get told that they're being declined for a Mythic+ group, or pick-up group raid or whatever, because they're in the wrong Covenant. That's a very valid concern."
    As sure as Gearscore turned into Raider.io, you can't undo what's been done. This is your community. You will never change the culture. Blizzard needs to accommodate and adapt to the reality that their "player choice" can't be driven by permanence when it's related to direct power upgrades, or they're going to continue having people lose faith in them while playing the system shuffle where every 0.5 patches they're throwing in some new fix (Residuum, Echoes, etc.) that shouldn't have been needed in the first place.