Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    They would get to episode 50 and it would become nothing more than a story of reputation grinds, mount collecting and fashion.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Still makes the CGI forbiddenly expensive for a TV series and yeah...since you already had a "literally shit" movie, there is zero guarantee that you don't get a "literally shit" series.

Hell...that is one extra reason, why nobody would give them a several hundred million dollar budget for a TV series.

I still don't expect the Amazon LotR "prequel" or whatever it will be to be amazing just because I loved the LotR movies
    It's worth it for wow, they've got some really good framework that should be fleshed out properly, and then developed. they should get metzen in on it as he is the original creator for many of the races and stories, and then get a proper team of clever and devoted people, you need the devotion to plug into the full extent of the lore and have the passion to see it expressed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's worth it for wow, they've got some really good framework that should be fleshed out properly, and then developed. they should get metzen in on it as he is the original creator for many of the races and stories, and then get a proper team of clever and devoted people, you need the devotion to plug into the full extent of the lore and have the passion to see it expressed properly.
    WoW lore is fucked up beyond repair.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a Netflix show. I think the Warcraft movie suffered from similar issues that the Airbender movie did; simply too big a story to be told in 2 hours. making a tv show would be better. case in point: The Witcher tv show - possibly the best game to screen adaptation we have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I would like to see a Netflix show. I think the Warcraft movie suffered from similar issues that the Airbender movie did; simply too big a story to be told in 2 hours. making a tv show would be better. case in point: The Witcher tv show - possibly the best game to screen adaptation we have seen.
    Yeh, when I saw the dragon Prince, I'm like wow has all these wonder factors and more.

in the night elves - children of the stars, with a Moon Goddess religion - they have both the star elves and the moon elves and there is so much detail with that, they have their civilziation side and their forest wood elf side with unique druidic magic, connecting to Cenarions, Worgen and forest wild gods, while the civilziation side is the high arcane magic, with star gazing, the forward face of the race - they have the sort of depth humans have. And this is before jumping too Trolls another massive group, then Draenei, Tauren - all of these in addition to humans and orcs.

it's so wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, when I saw the dragon Prince, I'm like wow has all these wonder factors and more.

in the night elves - children of the stars, with a Moon Goddess religion - they have both the star elves and the moon elves and there is so much detail with that, they have their civilziation side and their forest wood elf side with unique druidic magic, connecting to Cenarions, Worgen and forest wild gods, while the civilziation side is the high arcane magic, with star gazing, the forward face of the race - they have the sort of depth humans have. And this is before jumping too Trolls another massive group, then Draenei, Tauren - all of these in addition to humans and orcs.

it's so wasted.
    So write the script... make your pitch to Blizzard.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I read the title as CSI series. A group of mismatched races on the Horde and Alliance going around Azeroth and solving various crimes commited by typical adventurers and villains or typical scenarios that aren't really crimes but seem like crimes would be pretty funny. But I guess that's what Westfall is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I read the title as CSI series. A group of mismatched races on the Horde and Alliance going around Azeroth and solving various crimes commited by typical adventurers and villains or typical scenarios that aren't really crimes but seem like crimes would be pretty funny. But I guess that's what Westfall is for.
    I heard that they were looking for an arsonist in the last episode.

Ain't nobody got the money for that
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    otherwise they should leave the big plots for books, a TV series or single player RPG games, and focus the MMO on telling zone and race stories, like we had in classic.
    That is an absurdly terrible suggestion, one of the worst I've seen from you (which is saying something).

If anything WoW needs LESS story from sources outside the game (like these novels that are basically required reading to fully understand expansion events) - we need to be able to log in and experience the full story and the full context of what is happening.

So the idea of making that even worse? Spread out across multiple games, books and TV shows? No, just... no.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-07-11 at 10:31 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

One of the tech guys said creating one 5 Minute cinematic video takes multiple months production time with hundreds of people involved.

Imagine a whole series. Just can not do that.