Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    wait, he actually admitted the game the game was broken, that corruptions broke the game?
    I'm pretty sure they knew that when they let us buy whichever ones we wanted. This is the "fuck it, have fun" part of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I'm pretty sure they knew that when they let us buy whichever ones we wanted. This is the "fuck it, have fun" part of the expansion.
    They usually don't admit something is broken though lol, they hate admitting they fucked up.

They usually don't admit something is broken though lol, they hate admitting they fucked up.
    People like to say this, but there has been several times where they admitted they didn't make the best decisions. Hell, they've been pretty vocal all expansion that azerite didn't turn out very well, but it was too late to get rid of it. They've admitted past mistakes as well.

Now one thing they AREN'T very good at is learning from past mistakes.

People like to say this, but there has been several times where they admitted they didn't make the best decisions. Hell, they've been pretty vocal all expansion that azerite didn't turn out very well, but it was too late to get rid of it. They've admitted past mistakes as well.

Azerite and wod are some few and far between ones though, it's not that they never admit it, they just only do it on occasion, and they JUST said how good they though corruption was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    It has been like that for 15 years, you just have accept that everything you've done will be worthless once <insert expansion here> launches.
    WRONG! This pattern started in, Legion. Prior to Legion 100% of your character progression was not tied to just loot. Prior, to Legion for 10+ years you always gained a new talent, row.and new abilities for your class. Sometimes you received a few new abilities. In WoD, you got leveling perks. Legion, was the first expansion introducing 100% of your characters advancement and character progression tied to rental powers and the fact you lost every single ounce of character progression left players feeling terrible as what do you have to show for those 10 levels? Nothing. So, no, the game wasn't "always" like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From another site:
    "Corruption Will be Removed in the Shadowlands Prepatch!
    Game Director Ion Hazzikostas confirmed that Corruptions will completely removed in the 9.0 Shadowlands Prepatch, while Essences and Azerite Powers will only stop working in Shadowlands content."

Now I ask you:
    Is it weird that I have this huge sense of wasted time every time an expansion ends and another starts?
    Do you remember your legendary BIS from Legion that you spent hours, days, weeks or months to drop ?? What are they for now?
    And all the essences and azerite power that I've grind like crazy in the last few months ?? They just stop working ??
    Okay ... a new expansion will arrive and we have to "disconnect" from the old theme of the last expansion .. but they simply tell us to throw our wasted time in the trash. I don't think it's fair.
    There should be a way for our legendary items from other expansions, essences, azerite power, corruption and everything we spent a lot of time to get exchanged for something precious to use in the next expansion. Just my (maybe unpopular) opinion...!

(p.s: sorry about some mystake. English os not my first lenguage)
    This is exactly why i have put zero effort into acquiring or farming corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Gear from previous expansion is useless in new expansion. More news at 11 where we show how the sky is blue, the earth isn't flat and man did land on the moon
    It's more extreme now than it used to be, though. Pre-Legion your gear became 'useless' because it was out-grown. Sometimes quickly, sometimes fairly slowly (T5-6 gear from BC would get you through to LK heroics and only be replaced by heroic and raid gear). Legion's weapons and then legendaries, and now apparently the BfA corruptions and then azerite, etc. just stop working. The new way is quite different from the old way. Hell, even old tier bonuses don't work these days, just in case someone finds a way to make them useful.

There's a difference between 'not strong enough to be useful in current content' and 'doesn't even work now'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I believe the only time something from a previous expansion stuck around were last patch legendaries like Atiesh or Thori'dal.
    Thunderfury was an effective tanking weapon through to the end of LK, in farm content, despite having been nerfed several times by then. The proc was that good.

Pretty much used to it, but wouldn't mind Blizzard borrowing POE's system where they implement certain stuff from each season into the core game.

I agree that corruption has to go, though - it's so powerful that the gear inflation to simply outgear it would be insane. Yet another way it's a bad design.

IMO the gear reset should be relatively smooth when a new expansion comes out. People levelling through for the first time or on an alt, never getting any BfA endgame gear (for example), should just upgrade every few levels like normal. Those with low-end endgame gear (from emissaries, LFR, and low-end m+ boxes) should replace their gear over the first few levels of a new expac. Mythic raiders and people running m+15 and up should be replacing their gear as they run the initial endgame dungeons (5-man heroics). If they're as good as they think they are, they could even go straight to m+0 runs for gear. The massive resets where all your old gear is gone by halfway through the levelling are excessive IMO. Let the people who've put the work in and kept playing after they got their AotC, etc. and geared all their alts get something out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who hardly touched Nyalotha patch, I wish they'd end it right now and give people some catch up mechanisms.

I think I actually prefer that, than to have all that until halfway to new level cap. This way the leveling process won't feel so divided into the "good part" and "the bad part". It was probably the best course of action they could have taken.

Corruption is just a crazy bandaid fun system that was cool to play in 8.3. I loved it more than any piece of current progression in the game ever. I'm not surprised it's going away at all, in fact everyone should have expected it.

And yeah, in the end, most of the stuff in this game is seasonal, so if you want for your progress to "matter" you have to get the seasonal achievements / accollades only available during the season. Otherwise you're just ticking off boxes that will be "tickable" by a full green quest item level capped toon of the next expansion.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It's the same with they never make meaningful changes in Beta, despite all the evidence contrary to that. People are going to believe what every they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Gear from previous expansion is useless in new expansion. More news at 11 where we show how the sky is blue, the earth isn't flat and man did land on the moon
    And the award of most pointless and stupid post of the week goes to...

On-topic: for the longetivity of the game, a hard reset is a must for every expansion. It is the best way of getting new people or getting retired players back. If it required months of work on past content to be on par with others, I doubt many people would be willing to return. If it was something purely cosmetic then sure, why not.

This sounds like a borrowed power thread. Borrowed power has to exist, if we kept getting new abilities and talents every xpac we'd have a ton of fucking shit, none of which could be balanced. Blizz could never add all of the shit they added for Legion weapons to the game that would stick around forever. Imagine trying to balance that, on top of azerite, essences, corruption, and the unpruning in SL.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-07-12 at 12:29 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    And the award of most pointless and stupid post of the week goes to...
    It's not pointless, he's right.

Gear from old expansion doesn't work on new expansion. Given that Corruption is a form of "forged" gear, it was bound to vanish too, especially considering how powerful it is.

wait, he actually admitted the game the game was broken, that corruptions broke the game?
    say what you want about devs, but they can see plainly what is happening. i dont think they disagree with people when they say things are broken or stupid or bad (most of the time). but agreeing with you and doing what you say are 2 entiurely different things.

corruption was designed to be something that you got randomly and gave you some power. it was not designed to let you stack 8-9 copies of something. they gave us the vendor because the xpac was almost over. its the same reason they never would have given us one back in january.

This is the case since TBC (although some T3 and good gear carried over for a while).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, here's the reasoning:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316854/...lands-prepatch

Quite frankly, i don't care, expansion outdating previous gear is fine to me and it seemingly took the corruption system to crash and burn in such fashion that Blizzard finally relented with the additional systems atop regular gear.
    they should have put all the corruptions for the same low price in the shop then, but they still are going the other way for us to grind, and make it obsolete that quickly, there is people who will get their corruption and it will be already useless...

Well, I DO keep my Legiondaries for TW events, makes my DH even more ridiculously OP

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not pointless, he's right.

Gear from old expansion doesn't work on new expansion. Given that Corruption is a form of "forged" gear, it was bound to vanish too, especially considering how powerful it is.
    Being right doesn't mean that it's not pointless. If you state something that is obviously right and everyone knows it, it doesn't bring any value to the discussion which makes it.. rather pointless.

His post had nothing to do with what OP was saying. It's not like OP doesn't know that gear from old expansion doesn't work on new expansion. Given the bad English of OP, you can read between the lines that he wants opinions on the current system. You know, whether others think that some progress should persist (which it obviously doesn't do atm.)? The post I quoted simply stated how the system is at the moment, which has nothing to do with what OP wanted opinions on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    This sounds like a borrowed power thread. Borrowed power has to exist, if we kept getting new abilities and talents every xpac we'd have a ton of fucking shit, none of which could be balanced. Blizz could never add all of the shit they added for Legion weapons to the game that would stick around forever. Imagine trying to balance that, on top of azerite, essences, corruption, and the unpruning in SL.
    While I generally don't like borrowed power, this post is true. We cannot keep getting new stuff expac after expac, tier after tier. There is no better option I can think of at the moment to put fresh elements in the game. Another thing is whether those borrowed power should be gated behind grind like they usually are.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-07-12 at 01:58 PM.