It's a shame he wore a mask for reasons other than covid, ah well. he did it for the right reason, just not because of covid.

"Does this mask make me look orange?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: Earlier, I posted the above saying Cuomo was trolling DeSantis, who said he didn't want it. I found that hilarious.

But turns out, no, he was just being professional. Cuomo had talked directly to Florida's HHS People (right next to Florida's FFS People?) and they had accepted the offer -- just enough remdesivir to fill the gap until their federal delivery had arrived. Yeah...Florida's kind of running low for...some reason.

DeSantis, by the way, claims he has thousands of ventilators sitting idle. Hey @benggual how's the Florida death count? Does their death count scream "we have all the help we need, thanks" or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey @benggual how's the Florida death count? Does their death count scream "we have all the help we need, thanks" or not?
    I don't know what their real death count is, but they posted 95 on the day which is nearly two times 47, so I'd say things are serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I don't know what their real death count is, but they posted 95 on the day which is nearly two times 47, so I'd say things are serious.
    It's twice 47, plus one for good measure.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    It's twice 47, plus one for good measure.
    *sigh* "Two times" is the same as "twice". Cut me some slack. It's been a shit week.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The good news: "only" 61,719 new cases today.

The bad news: it's the weekend and I'm seeing a lot of counties that haven't reported, so that's probably off by a couple thousand. North and South Carolina and Arkansas all posted new records. Other states probably did too but again, I'm limiting my research to those that break 1k for my own sanity. It's been a bad week. (Fuck) Florida passed 10k again. Texas and California are in the 8k range again. Overall there are 13 states in the "thousands" range when, a couple weeks ago, there were only 4-5.

Deaths are, once again, up. Discounting last weekend because of the holiday, deaths are up about 200 compared to the Saturday before. In fact you have to go back to the end of May to see a death count on Saturday that's higher than the 733 recorded today. The curve is going back up, due in no small part to the absolute flood of new cases overwhelming hospitals.

I'm a bit burnt following yesterday's news, so I don't really have much more in-depth analysis for you. It's the weekend, so expect things not to sound too bad until Tuesday or Wednesday when the corrections come in, as usual. In the meantime, wear a fucking mask.

Sorry folks. Stay safe.
    Poop City (i.e. San Francisco) has not had any Covid-19 death since June 18.

I have to imagine with the "Biden is finished" talk, they have somehow convinced themselves that doing the right thing and wearing a fucking mask (like a rational and sane human being who doesn't want to see the virus continue to screw with people's lives) was the only thing separating the two candidates?

Fascinating.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    As they should be. Look, it is stupid and idiotic, but if they don't praise him constantly for wearing a mask, then he won't wear one. And if he doesn't wear one, millions of others will refuse to wear them either. So don't expect me to praise him for it, but it is a good thing his lackeys are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Yeah, good luck with that last one.
    OT
    wtf, I want that too.. our forecast for Tuesday here in NRW,Germany is fucking 17°C ... -.-
    Weather is completely random the last few years, we either have 40° or 20° nowadays it seems... thanks climate change
    /OT

That Stone commutation is really bad, wow
    Has he given up on re-election?

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s funny, the worst thing to happen to society in recent history, is our ability to know people‘s opinions.
    I do find it funny that the people "worried about the overreach of the SJWs" and/or "the supression of non-liberal views on social media" are afraid of those things killing free speech (see the now closed "do you still support Trump" thread, you can find them,) but think it totally justified when the president has peaceful protestors assaulted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Has he given up on re-election?
    The problem is is that Trump's supporters so blindly believe what Trump says that they believe him when he claims that Stone did nothing wrong or that he was unfairly imprisoned. They perceive him getting Stone out of serving jail time as a victory for the Trump administration, and his ability to unilaterally do so as triumphing over the libs and/or deepstate.

Fox news was already putting up videos on youtube about how "Stone was unfairly railroaded by the justice system." I believe the exact title of the video was "What happened to Stone should scare every American," implying that the system is unfairly stacked against Trump and his supporters and operating as some kangaroo court, as opposed to the reality where Trump is a mob boss getting his cronies out of the prison sentences they deserve.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/u...ity-trump.html

Ms. Duke is the latest in a series of senior officials who have gone public to describe — often in vivid, behind-the-scenes detail — their discomfort and sometimes shock at the inner workings of the Trump presidency.

She said she was especially taken aback, during the response to Hurricane Maria’s devastation of Puerto Rico, when she heard Mr. Trump raise the possibility of “divesting” or “selling” the island as it struggled to recover.

“The president’s initial ideas were more of as a businessman, you know,” she recalled. “Can we outsource the electricity? Can we can we sell the island? You know, or divest of that asset?” (She said the idea of selling Puerto Rico was never seriously considered or discussed after Mr. Trump raised it.)
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    As they should be. Look, it is stupid and idiotic, but if they don't praise him constantly for wearing a mask, then he won't wear one. And if he doesn't wear one, millions of others will refuse to wear them either. So don't expect me to praise him for it, but it is a good thing his lackeys are doing it.

In the end, Trump still couldn't wear the mask properly.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-07-12 at 03:22 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

When the President's cabinet and other high ranking officials have to treat the President like a five year old who speaks up while your in the middle of a conversation.

High Ranking Official: "We have to get support out to Puerto Rico to help with the hurricane relief."

Trump: "We could send them dinosaurs to move the big rocks like in my sand box."

High Ranking Official: "Okay sweety we will do that. How would you like to watch some youtube on my Ipad?"

Trump:"YAY!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    CULT is right - they are way off the reservation regarding anything to do with reality. To this day it's still unfathomable, intellectually speaking, how people continue to back this Petty and Bankrupt Crime Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I'm all for delaying evictions right now, but won't the longer we delay it mean more of them happening at once? And won't the more that happen at once, the more likely it will cause bigger unrest/destabilization?

The looming eviction crisis is the biggest reason i'm keeping my money out of the stock market right now.

It also sadly makes me wonder daily if i'm being an idiot paying my rent to my corporate landlord every month, when the possibility of back owed rent forgiveness could be a thing.
    Yup and the bigger the issue down the road the longer we delay it.

i think all these eviction limitations helpped delay the next round of help. They could have easly just extended unemployment and capped it at 100% of pre covid earnings.

They will never get something done by july 26th. Any $$ will be at least sept-oct before it arives in mass

- - - Updated - - -

Finally... can’t believe he tried to make this a wedge issue for 6 months:

Damn sell out!!
    Deep state got to Trump, vote him out!!!

/s
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post

In the end, Trump still couldn't wear the mask properly.
    Hey, you would risk a fake news disease too if you had to smell fast food breath for any period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Damn sell out!!
    Deep state got to Trump, vote him out!!!
    /s
    Ha, that would mean Trumpsters have morals or standards that were thicker then wax paper that folds to a soft yawn. I will say that it is impressive how quick these people can turn on literally anything. Like they are going one way and you blink and they flipped directions 5 times already and are going the opposite direction.

Hope nobody else used the mic after this.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...728836608?s=20

Seconds after this he says "We're gonna have to--get to vote for Donald Don [sic] Trump".
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-07-12 at 04:43 AM.