Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Redesign hunters mark.
    Make it a cooldown ability... The target who is marked will take more dmg and open up special effects from some abilities... For example you can use killshot against who is marked... Extra dmg or aoe on arcane shot against marked target...there are alot of ways to make it better... But Blizzard got to put the works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    Remove damage increase from it. Keep stealth detection. Then you have an ability that isn't always useful, but when you actually use it, it's meaningful.
    Having damage increase on it just so that you use it on everything you attack is stupid and boring.
    This is actually a very good idea because it takes away the OCD some people have of always being optimal when doing anything in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicstorm View Post
    Redesign hunters mark.
    Make it a cooldown ability... The target who is marked will take more dmg and open up special effects from some abilities... For example you can use killshot against who is marked... Extra dmg or aoe on arcane shot against marked target...there are alot of ways to make it better... But Blizzard got to put the works.
    The ability's main purpose is to literally tag players you choose so you know where they are at all times, even if they turn invisible or go into stealth. It even shows them on your mini map. As much as i like interesting abilities which chain into others like combos in fighting games, some should just be simple but effective.

Remove damage increase from it. Keep stealth detection. Then you have an ability that isn't always useful, but when you actually use it, it's meaningful.
    Having damage increase on it just so that you use it on everything you attack is stupid and boring.
    Yep. That is the correct answer. Expect it in pre-patch 10.0.

15+ Year Old Account
    I 100% agree with this or get it to be off the gcd.

The people who are asking for hunter's mark are the same people who are asking for fort and motw to come back.

and honestly, when has a rogue being stealthed ever been a problem? Rogues have been able to self counter hunter's mark since tbc, and it's not like you can mark a rogue in arena since he starts the match in stealth anyway.

The only way hunter's mark can be useful in pve, is if it were something like havoc. Otherwise it's a stupid bloat button that nostalgiababies are begging for and, pissing off people active players.

Just go back to classic

Fort and MoTW are raidwide buffs you cast once per hour. I don't care if they come back or not, they're fine. And actually, fort is in the live game now anyway.

Hunter's Mark we will need to spend a GCD to cast on every single target we attack for an entire expansion. And it's a boring busywork GCD that doesn't do any damage in of itself. That sucks balls.

Going back to Classic is really the point. They are unpruning exactly as it was way back then, whether it makes sense or not.

The best solution is to keep Hunter's Mark for the PvP antistealther stuff and cosmetics in PvE (putting an arrow over a target's head), which satisfies their hunger to unprune vanilla abilities but remove the 5% damage buff so it isn't mandatory for damage.

I have high confidence they will do exactly that, too-- in prepatch 10.0.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-07-17 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Fort and MoTW are raidwide buffs you cast once per hour. I don't care if they come back or not, they're fine. And actually, fort is in the live game now anyway.

Hunter's Mark we will need to spend a GCD to cast on every single target we attack for an entire expansion. And it's a boring busywork GCD that doesn't do any damage in of itself. That sucks balls.

Going back to Classic is really the point. They are unpruning exactly as it was way back then, whether it makes sense or not.

The best solution is to keep Hunter's Mark for the PvP antistealther stuff and cosmetics in PvE (putting an arrow over a target's head), which satisfies their hunger to unprune vanilla abilities but remove the 5% damage buff so it isn't mandatory for damage.

I have high confidence they will do exactly that, too-- in prepatch 10.0.
    99% of the pruned spells were useless bloat.

the 1% being shattering throw.

Nah, I like a bunch of the unprunes. Anti-magic zone, cyclone, kill shot, eyes of the beast, frost shock, warlock curse of tongues and weakness, shattering throw, hammer of wrath, tremor and capacitor totem, and challenging shout were all good unprunes.

Then there are a ton of unprunes that just don't make much sense for their specs, like fire mages getting frostbolt, holy paladin consecration, shadow flash heal, and shaman primal strike. I don't care about these, they aren't a big deal, but it's mystifying why they were unpruned. They will serve as "traps" for inexperienced players. You're playing a frost mage and cast fireball because it's in your spellbook, whoops, you failed. You get kicked, L2P n00b.

Third you have unprunes that are just upkeep with long durations, like rogue poisons, shaman weapon imbues, and lightning shield. These also aren't a big deal because they last awhile, but why would they be unpruned? What is gained?

And finally you have just a couple unprunes that suck to such an extent that they make me not want to play a class, because they force players to use boring abilities every single pull (or worse for hunters, every single target) for the entire expansion. That's basically just Hunter's Mark, Healing Stream Totem, and Windfury Totem. These are abominations that should be (but won't be) shot in the back of the head and left to rot. They do not belong in the game.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-07-18 at 12:37 AM.

The problem is that that 5% of damage is not gonna be a 100% +5% aditional to the hunter that 5% is part of the 100% itself, and you gonna lose damage in every situation where you are not doing ST to a only target, you gonna lose, damage on aoe, damage on add priority that dont have much health because is not worth to lose a GCD in that situations but you are losing damage either way.

Im dont want to be rude, but if you think the HM is not a problem right now well, you have a serious problem.

They could easily increase damage to AE abilities to compensate. But yes, hunters will be at a small disadvantage switching to priority adds with low health.

That isn't the main problem with HM, forcing us to use a boring zero damage busywork GCD on every primary target on every pull for the entire expansion is the main issue, but it is certainly another downside.

imagine people complaining their specs are getting bland and boring while talking about "the glory days" and still shouting for more abilities to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    imagine people complaining their specs are getting bland and boring while talking about "the glory days" and still shouting for more abilities to be removed.
    Modern retail player base are a pack of affluent children. I'd they dont use something or see the use of it, it's useless filler. They play a watered down, hand held, ass wiping mmorpg wannabe, catered towards little cry baby kids. But because they are older than 16, they are the be all end all of mmo gameplay. The best part of leaving retail is never dealing with these morons in life anymore. Until I come to mmo champ for a reminder of why I dont bother with retail wow.

I love Hunter's Mark because Rogues. Countering Rogues is fun. Having to spend a GCD on Hunter's Mark is annoying, if it wasn't on GCD that would be cool. Of course if it isn't on GCD people will macro it - that doesn't seem like a huge problem, there are tradeoffs with macroing things.

Hunters haven't received their "pass" yet assuming there will even be a pass to begin with so for the time it looks like Mark is here to stay. Well I hope the glyph that changes
    what Hunter's Mark looks like will return, at least let us have a little fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    Modern retail player base are a pack of affluent children. I'd they dont use something or see the use of it, it's useless filler. They play a watered down, hand held, ass wiping mmorpg wannabe, catered towards little cry baby kids. But because they are older than 16, they are the be all end all of mmo gameplay. The best part of leaving retail is never dealing with these morons in life anymore. Until I come to mmo champ for a reminder of why I dont bother with retail wow.
    Is this for real? If there isn’t a use for something then of course it’s useless filler. To claim otherwise just makes you look like an idiot.
    As for HM, it’s not useless, but if you had made any effort at all to read and understand why people are upset then you wouldn’t have come off as a retail bashing moron that makes no sense in the context of this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    Are you saying Hunters mark is interesting and exciting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Is this for real? .
    No, don't respond to it, just throw him on ignore.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Are you saying Hunters mark is interesting and exciting?

- - - Updated - - -

No, don't respond to it, just throw him on ignore.
    hunters mark is interesting in my perspective when playing a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcardNS View Post
    Yes, let's prune more abilities. You guys deserve retail TBH.
    Does having lots and lots of buttons make you happy? Does it not matter what those buttons do as long as there are many?
    What do you even play in classic, frost mage? I swear, this is just talking for the sake of talking, you bring no argument for or against keeping it aside from "No cause i heard about this pruning and i heard it is bad"

Every button must do damage in my Korean action MMO! No flavor! No RPG elements! No utility! All that matters is muh deeps and parse! Gosh, I don't understand why class design is so limited and crappy these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Flavor is great. RPG elements are great. Utility is fantastic. Forcing me to spend a boring GCD that does no damage on every single primary target for an entire expansion is not OK.