Thread: Far Cry 6

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Far Cry 6

So... this just got leaked out. Personaly, I hope they change the formula a lot for this one since Ubisoft Sandbox is really getting stale. Giancarlo Esposito deserves a good game.

We'll have two Better Call Saul actors as villains in the series now.

So we play as the boy?

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Far Cry games where enjoyable to me, high probability I get this one too.
    Once it comes down to €30,- though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope its better than the last three Far Cry games (Far Cry 4, Far Cry 5 and Far Cry Primal). The franchise has become very samey

Enjoyed Far Cry 3 Far Cry 4 was okay, but I really chugged through that one. Far Cry 6 needs a renovation from those last 3

While I have liked most of the Far Cry games the latest entries have made the franchise to same'ish. The stories aren't much to speak off but I have always liked how they portrayed their characters (especially the main villain) which is what really carries the game for me. When I hear someone naming their favorite Far Cry game, its almost always FC3 solely because of Vaas.

I do like the open world setting but its done the same way to often in just a different setting. Still looking forward to see if this game tries anything different.

10+ Year Old Account
    here's the leaked trailer (in french).

https://mixdrop.co/f/1vvokqnms7qrpj *probably getting removed soon.

I bet this game starts with someone stepping on his Jordans.

Have to say that the facial animations on Giancarlo are really well done.

Man, played a great villain in Breaking Bad really launched Esposito's career into the stratosphere hasn't it?

As for the game, they better shake up the formula even more than FC5 did, but I doubt they will at this point.

I hope you can speedrun this game again by waiting around in the opening segment. Saves me so much time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it is not another coat of paint. I played FC 2, 3 and 4 and I did not notice a big evolution between the three: a world led by a meanie and you capture posts and eventually get rid of the bad guy. I hope the recipe will change a bit: for example, there could be more than one factions (like in Just Cause), a craftable base - a bit like Fallout, etc.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I was disappointed in the story of fc5, so the series is kinda dead to me at the moment

just going to leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UaWhlkpT7g
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished Far Cry 5 and New Dawn last week, this is cool. I love open world games like this, especially when you can play it smart and break the game early. It kind of sucked in New Dawn when getting silenced snipers or weaponized helicopters were locked behind story progress, I hope they don't do that again. Far Cry 5 was one of the most satisfying power fantasies I'd ever played. Except when you get the 9 mandatory capture scenes. ♪ Only you......♪

10+ Year Old Account
    Liked Far cry 5(Minus that ending -_-) looking forward towards 6(Hopefully guns can turn off glowsight)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    just going to leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UaWhlkpT7g
    I still have no clue what the game is about. This is the most obnoxious self-felating trailer I've seen in a while.

I guess south ameria is the setting?
    Does it continue the nonsense timeline of 4&5?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I still have no clue what the game is about. This is the most obnoxious self-felating trailer I've seen in a while.

Does it continue the nonsense timelike of 4&5?
    i found 2 more videos about the game. one seems to just be a trailer but the other one is kind of an interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbGbLWevpC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quT_W57xRxs
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

So I guess it's about a fictional venezuela type country?

I wonder if switching the setting to urban instead of island/jungle would be a sufficient facelift for the franchise. I still don't see them deviating too much from the ubisoft formula, half the people probably only buy the games because of it, while the other half is sick of it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Does it continue the nonsense timeline of 4&5?
    I'm going to take a guess and say that this might be the nation that starts the atomic war at the end of 5. That's the whole grenade analogy. Bad guy looses, final farewell is to launch a nuclear strike and let the world nuke itself apart. He let go of the grenade.