Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

What kinds of effects should replace XP on Heirlooms?

I really feel like this thread has already got to be going somewhere and I just can't find it, but in case I'm wrong I'd like to start it and hear some people's opinions.

What are some effects you think should replace the XP bonuses on Heirlooms?

The first obvious thing that came to my mind was 5% movement speed on legs. Maybe there's concern about people using that to facilitate farming, but at the very least this can expire after the last scalable level just like the XP bonus would.

P.S. This isn't about whether or not you like the change, just what you'd replace the XP bonus with.

Nothing. They still have their uses.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nothing. They still have their uses.
    From what I've heard (haven't verified) they aren't consistently superior to leveling gear stat-wise. Do you think making their stats consistently better would be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBear13 View Post
    From what I've heard (haven't verified) they aren't consistently superior to leveling gear stat-wise. Do you think making their stats consistently better would be sufficient?
    They nerfed the stats in BfA. with the removal of an exp buff, they're literally worthless now.

They dont need to consistently be bis, they just need to be consistent, which they are

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They nerfed the stats in BfA. with the removal of an exp buff, they're literally worthless now.
    Any ideas on what unique/special effects you'd add to make them useful? I also considered a resistance to durability loss from one of the other items. Kind of moot for the Heirlooms themselves, but I'm just spit-balling here.

This is accurate. When they made it so old content rewards could upgrade into rare and epic quality items, the epic quality items are always better than the heirlooms stat wise. and the rares have a chance to be slightly better(but they'll always be on par at the very least). I had an Sword proc epic quality in WoD content with one of my last toons and it was better than the Artifact from Legion because it had a proc effect on it with the stats, while being the same il as the artifact weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Any ideas on what unique/special effects you'd add to make them useful? I also considered a resistance to durability loss from one of the other items. Kind of moot for the Heirlooms themselves, but I'm just spit-balling here.
    No replacement. Remove them from the game and refund all the gold players spent on them.

Equip: Refunds all the gold you spent on this worthless trash.

Maybe rep gains.

No replacement. Remove them from the game and refund all the gold players spent on them.
    being mad about heirloom gold

yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    being mad about heirloom gold

yikes
    I've spent A LOT of gold upgrading all my heirlooms. If they're going to remove the only reason I upgraded them then I deserve my gold back. Because had Blizzard said that they would have eventually removed the experience boost then I never would have bothered upgrading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Maybe rep gains.
    Nice idea, but I think this one would be highly exploitable.

What about sheer throughput, maybe pure damage reduction on a chest piece?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I've spent A LOT of gold upgrading all my heirlooms. If they're going to remove the only reason I upgraded them then I deserve my gold back. Because had Blizzard said that they would have eventually removed the experience boost then I never would have bothered upgrading them.
    A lot of people spent gold on them. They were meant to assist with leveling, but how can we judge how much someone should get? Base it on how many max ilvl heirlooms they had?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is accurate. When they made it so old content rewards could upgrade into rare and epic quality items, the epic quality items are always better than the heirlooms stat wise. and the rares have a chance to be slightly better(but they'll always be on par at the very least). I had an Sword proc epic quality in WoD content with one of my last toons and it was better than the Artifact from Legion because it had a proc effect on it with the stats, while being the same il as the artifact weapon.
    I didn't even consider the random upgrades. I feel like as an isolated mechanic a gear upgrade can feel nice without heirlooms, free stats! But with heirlooms, it always feels like a smack in the face. At the end of the day with warforging going away are random upgrades necessary while leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A lot of people spent gold on them. They were meant to assist with leveling, but how can we judge how much someone should get? Base it on how many max ilvl heirlooms they had?
    Yeah. Blizzard has set prices for each heirloom and their upgrades. If they can convert valor points into gold, they can refund people gold based on what level the heirlooms are.

without the xp buff.. heirlooms are completely worthless.. no replacement could take the place of the xp buff, unless its legendary heirlooms..

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be left alone.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Nice idea, but I think this one would be highly exploitable.

What about sheer throughput, maybe pure damage reduction on a chest piece?
    Nah. It would only apply to old reps, not new ones.
    I guess it would make the bee mount very easy to get eventually though. ^^