Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Equip: Refunds all the gold you spent on this worthless trash.
    Except your got your gold's worth out of them for however many years you used and leveled faster with heirlooms. A change that hasn't went live yet doesn't invalidate that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBear13 View Post
    I really feel like this thread has already got to be going somewhere and I just can't find it, but in case I'm wrong I'd like to start it and hear some people's opinions.

What are some effects you think should replace the XP bonuses on Heirlooms?

The first obvious thing that came to my mind was 5% movement speed on legs. Maybe there's concern about people using that to facilitate farming, but at the very least this can expire after the last scalable level just like the XP bonus would.

P.S. This isn't about whether or not you like the change, just what you'd replace the XP bonus with.
    id love things like enchants baked in, that scale with level, like for tanking items, Mark of the Hide on necks, or a Weapon chain on tanking weapons.

maybe even dps procs on weapons, armor pieces like random stat boost procs, give us BOA boots, and give it Move speed.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heirloom gear works fine as they do. Most people who want to power level or just not care about gear, will wear Heirlooms, since it is the only gear in-game, that scales as you level up.

But if they had to add something, it would properly be more "fun" additions to the set, like giving you the Beef Tartare food buff, which increases movement speed after kill, to the cloak or chest. Every heirloom could have these funky/beneficial buffs, that makes leveling with the gear more fun, if you have done it a million times and faster without giving you directly bonus exp.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    id love things like enchants baked in, that scale with level, like for tanking items, Mark of the Hide on necks, or a Weapon chain on tanking weapons.

maybe even dps procs on weapons, armor pieces like random stat boost procs, give us BOA boots, and give it Move speed.
    Its not baked in, but you know you could just apply that stuff now, and heck, pass the heirlooms to another toon later. I always thought that was the best part of heirlooms now, exp bonus being the second.

Just give me heirloom boots and I'll apply my own minor speed boost.

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    without the xp buff.. heirlooms are completely worthless.. no replacement could take the place of the xp buff, unless its legendary heirlooms..
    You say that, but they could very easily add effects that would be valuable without the need for the exp increase. Movement speed/mounted speed, small proc/on-use effects(like the BoA neck from Legion), faster gathering, or effects that lower your cooldowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Movement speed would be my first pick.
    Otherwise some big damage proc or something.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Whatever they choose to add, people still going to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Whatever they choose to add, people still going to complain.
    You aren't wrong.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's easy, refund the gold, or at least make it possible. That way, you get your gold back since they are useless now - but if you want to keep them for whatever reason, you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    They dont need to consistently be bis, they just need to be consistent, which they are
    *which they were
    Stats are also being nerfed, they are just trash now

5+ Year Old Account
    Why is the xp bonus being removed?

Ideas:

1. boost to profession skillups (disabled at max level)
    2. if you wear them, then you gain access to special quests / WQs that are locked or phased out to those who don't wear looms.
    3. flight paths are extra fast (disabled at max level)
    4. some kind of skill tree unlocks for those wearing looms that grant rental powers, percent bonuses to crit, haste, shielding, etc. (disabled at max level). some skills require just 1 loom worn, other skills or maybe even entire branches are closed unless you are wearing like 6 looms minimum.
    5. a special 5 man dungeon unlocks for those wearing looms to gain xp and loot.
    6. reduced hearth cooldown, a second hearthstone bound separately (disabled at max level)
    7. A loa system where you can talk to your loa for boons but you can only see them if you wear looms (might be tied to the skill tree).
    Last edited by Die; 2020-07-13 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Why is the xp bonus being removed?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    That big experience bonus made a lot of sense in a world where you're talking potentially 100 hours to level up, or a large chunk of time to level; that big bump was something that we felt made a lot of sense. But in a world where our goal for leveling form 1-50 is much, much smaller, closer to 10-20 hours for people who are experienced with the game, or will find ways to do it even faster! We definitely know that part of what makes those heirlooms feel exciting and interesting was that unique experience bonus, so we do want to add something to replace that which will hopefully be equally as beneficial or feel unique and interesting for your level up experience, but not necessarily "here's a bunch of extra experience gain".
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBear13 View Post
    I really feel like this thread has already got to be going somewhere and I just can't find it, but in case I'm wrong I'd like to start it and hear some people's opinions.

What are some effects you think should replace the XP bonuses on Heirlooms?

The first obvious thing that came to my mind was 5% movement speed on legs. Maybe there's concern about people using that to facilitate farming, but at the very least this can expire after the last scalable level just like the XP bonus would.

P.S. This isn't about whether or not you like the change, just what you'd replace the XP bonus with.
    I don't know, what can be worth several hundreds gold, I've wasted on them back in Legion. They are already nerfed and aren't equal to 5ppl blues, as it was in the past. Without exp bonus it would be just crappy green gear, that scales with levels. It was important in the past, when 5ppl gear was lagging behind your level, because drop rate in 5ppls is extremely low, so you get something new onces in a 10-20 levels and have to equip outdated gear during that time. But now, when leveling is squished? Don't know. It's better for Blizzard to just refund that gear and delete it from game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I think the removal of bonus exp is not the best idea. I'd prefer a reduction if anything. Maybe equipping 1 or 2 pieces of heirloom gear gives you a passive "+25%" exp or something. So you don't need every single piece but also gives some benefit to speed.

Outside of that, I'd buff the stats again to be on-par with at-level epic items. Right now they're between at-level greens and at-level blues. So when you dungeon farm you'll get a periodic upgrade for a level or two before the heirloom becomes better again.

I'd also look at giving power buffs/generic legendary effects. It'd be cool to have all heirloom necks get the Prydaz effect (Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 25% of your maximum health for 30 sec.) plus a socket for extra power. Adding Sephuz's effect to all the rings would also be cool. Helm could make you immune to stuns from PvE targets, chest could grant extra health, cloak could give a built-in glider, boots could allow you to walk on water, legs could make you immune to PvE roots/slows, etc. They could also give straight throughput as well, 5% extra health/damage/healing per piece. These are just off the top of my head and I am sure would need some nerfs/balancing to make them work properly.

Although, I'd honestly just prefer a straight refund. I've bought every single heirloom, obtained all the ones you need to do arena/missions/etc for. Upgraded most of them to max. I'd like to just get all that gold in a refund and have heirlooms deleted. The point of them - the promise we sunk our gold into - was to grant bonus experience. It seems like we're being cheated now. I felt the same way about the MoP Grand Yak Mount. I dumped 120k into it so I could reforge the second I got a piece. Then they made it transmog and refused to refund me. I don't like transmog and have no use for the mount since I also have the WotLK vendor/repair mammoth.

I will concede that trinkets, necklaces, and weapons did not offer bonus experience, so I won't cry if they don't refund those. They could even keep them and use some of the above effects I mentioned, and make the weapons BiS while leveling. But the armor/rings should really go and get refunded.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2020-07-13 at 03:16 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear that I never have to replace while leveling is good enough for me.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Set bonuses. Nothing major but make them class specific. Perhaps something like the Classic teir 0 set bonuses. Warlock set is a chance to Fear a target on hit. Mage chance to freeze the target. Pally chance to increase healing/damage. Ect...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    That big experience bonus made a lot of sense in a world where you're talking potentially 100 hours to level up, or a large chunk of time to level; that big bump was something that we felt made a lot of sense. But in a world where our goal for leveling form 1-50 is much, much smaller, closer to 10-20 hours for people who are experienced with the game, or will find ways to do it even faster! We definitely know that part of what makes those heirlooms feel exciting and interesting was that unique experience bonus, so we do want to add something to replace that which will hopefully be equally as beneficial or feel unique and interesting for your level up experience, but not necessarily "here's a bunch of extra experience gain".
    They need to return the gold to those that want it returned.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Seems like an odd decision to remove the xp bonus, who cares if it's even faster?

But assuming that is how it is to be I'd like to see overpowered stats on the items. Make them greatly empower your alt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No replacement. Remove them from the game and refund all the gold players spent on them.
    This would be the best course. Well I didn't spend much I know someone who spent hundreds of thousands upgrading them for their alts.