Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Playing the game with friends is what makes the game the best game. Playing with randoms is the same as any online game. 50% of the time it's the worst thing you've ever experienced, 50% of the time it is fun. A lot of the time you are getting screwed individually because your voice among strangers isn't worth much. Game is 100% not worth playing solo anymore unless you want countless hours of peaceful play ruined by no-risk, high reward incentivized griefing making every second you were logged in not exist.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this game unless you have a crew or want to be one of said dickbags who go with an empty ship just to utterly ruin everyone.
    How do people grief in this game? Are the griefers usually teamed up, or just solo yolo new players? If they are teamed up, won't a team of 3 friends still get destroyed and all time invested removed, start from scratch? Or maybe starting from scratch doesn't mean much?
    Very on the fence with this game, but love pirates.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    How do people grief in this game? Are the griefers usually teamed up, or just solo yolo new players? If they are teamed up, won't a team of 3 friends still get destroyed and all time invested removed, start from scratch? Or maybe starting from scratch doesn't mean much?
    Very on the fence with this game, but love pirates.
    1) Game has cosmetic and achievement based progression, not power progression.
    • 'quests' are missions for factions where you have to turn in physical objects to their member at 1 of like...7 specific locations on the map. (think of them like towns)
    • you get no credit for the mission unless you turn in all items required
    • as you 'level up' that rep, you get better missions with higher rewards, unlocking cooler items, etc.

2) The world is dangerous
    • The map is very large and takes time to sail across.
    • Dangers include weather, PvE monsters (Skellies, krakens, megalodons, etc), and other players

3) If your ship sinks, you lose everything on it basically 100% of the time.
    • this means you can play super safe and super time consuming, where you do one mission at a time but progress at a snails pace
    • or you can play super risky and do a bunch of missions at once, including rare bonus things like sunken ship treasure, bottle quests, other rare items you find all over the sea and islands
    • regardless, if you sink you will likely lose anything you've done and have to do it over.

4) Griefing takes the form of "PVP" in that anyone can do whatever they want to you
    • You can sink other player ships, sneak on their boat and assassinate them, steal their boat while they are on an island, and everything in between.
    • Yes that makes the pirate fantasy 'real' or whatever you want to call that, but it also makes player time and behavior very risky

5) Why is PvP 'Griefing'?
    • 0 risk to enemy players to do anything. There is no bounty system, no negative consequences for attacking players, nothing.
    • 100% reward for being a shit. You kill someone when they bring their ship full of loot at the 'town' and turn in their items? You get all the rep without having done anything to get it other than ganking someone.
    • To add to this, you can take a completely empty ship as a SOLO griefer and fuck up a giant ship of a full team, killing them all with explosions or simply stealing their giant boat and they can't do shit about it unless they outplay you.
    • It's very easy as a single player and even easier as a group pf griefers to take out any ship you want, as you don't have to prepare or risk anything of your own. You want to kamikaze your solo ship straight into their ship in the middle of the ocean so they sink, drown, and lose all their loot? Nothing stopping you, no penalty if you fail or succeed.

So this is why I say it's a giant waste of time. They added a new game mode that's like Fortnite but in this game, except it's not going to draw 100% or even 50% of people who want PvP because like World of Warcraft, most people only want to gank when they have advantages or won't pay penalties. If this game added some awesome bounty system and jail, where players are prevented from playing just like real pirates...then this game would be fucking awesome. I would play all day knowing if I lose my shit, I can use the system to punish the fuckers who did it. Maybe I could RP as a pirate hunter and go after all the criminals.

In it's current state, the game is just not worth it without a pure PvE mode (which has enough PvE threats to be very fun) or a complex and very impacting PvP punishment system like Archeage.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2020-07-14 at 02:37 PM. Reason: formatting
    BAD WOLF

The game is a lot of fun especially with friends. People who complain about griefers are usually solo players. The game really isn’t about rewards. While they have plenty of cosmetic rewards they are just there to give you something to point your boat toward. The game is about the adventures and randomness it’s world can bring, which s why it’s best played with friends. The more events out of your control the better, embrace that at the end of the night you may end up empty handed but with a story to tell and you’ll have a blast.

That said, if you need friends to play with there are plenty of discord’s or even Microsoft’s LFG tool to help you find people. I meet my crew through the Xbox LFG tool and made some good friends from it. It took a little while but you’ll find your crew eventually.

New update is out.

Been a few more content updates since I last posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Yo, ho a pirates life for me.
    Definitely excited for this one, mainly because I hope they add a couple of the songs.

I have the sudden urge to play Sea of thieves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Season 4 next week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 4 next week!

is that something u can finally discover underwater in online session or its just singleplayer campaign content?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is that something u can finally discover underwater in online session or its just singleplayer campaign content?
    Think of it like 9 new island added to the game, but they are underwater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it like 9 new island added to the game, but they are underwater.
    ooo coooool

- - - Updated - - -

u can only have 1 active emmissary licence at a time, right?

Full trailer for season 4 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    ooo coooool

- - - Updated - - -

u can only have 1 active emmissary licence at a time, right?
    Yes, you can only represent one emissary at a time.

Season 5 starts on Thursday.

New monthly story quests start tomorrow for those of you that are interested.

New Monkey Island Tall Tale is out. If you're a fan of the original Monkey Island games, I'd say it's definitely worth checking out. There will be 3 total Tall Tales, first one is out, and you should get a new one each month so August and September.

10+ Year Old Account
    is the old campagin (pirates of the carribean) not available anymore? it got removed like moons/planets in destiny 2? i hate when devs remove content...

also, ive tried playing this game in my native language, but its mixed with english. like really fucking weird. wat do???