Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Horrific Visions - Madness Effects Nerfed

Horrific Visions - Madness Effects Nerfed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the weekly reset in each region, we’re going to do some difficulty tuning in Horrific Visions. We agree with player feedback that a couple of the challenging effects can be a bit too punishing. Going forward:

• The Leaden Foot slow effect is now capped at 50% of movement speed (was 90%).
    • Split Personality clones are now spawned for 5 seconds (was 6 seconds), and its disorient effect now lasts 2 seconds (was 4 seconds).

We’ll have these listed in our next hotfixes update.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-07-14 at 01:02 AM.

Better late than never?? LUL

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remove Scorched Feet and honestly I'll be happier. Also Echoes for Sockets would be nice, kinda sick of running these things repeatedly

literally 6 months too late, to the day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Remove Scorched Feet and honestly I'll be happier. Also Echoes for Sockets would be nice, kinda sick of running these things repeatedly
    Scorched feet is a non-affix. Hell, it's a benefit if you don't mongo it. Feet burning, stop spazzing out, point yourself in the direction you want to go and move one step. You just leapt 15 yards, and you didn't even leave any burning bridge trail behind you.

This should of been a week one nerf, but whatever..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Should have made split only spawn in combat, nothing more fun than traveling from point A to B and getting hit with one....

It only took Rich Campbell losing his job for them to realize this.

LMFAO.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remove those annoying tentacles, rest i don't care about.

Hmm not sure this is going to change that much. Most of the situations where something goes wrong usually involve stuff life fences that can't seen with all the black and purple shit all over my secreen or the rng of having the opening of split personalty where a wall is while getting pelted by 4 other random effects that threaten to eradicate my timer-life-bar.

But I probably don't notice leaden foot as much as a dk .

Usually problems only occur when doing 5 man anyway, since that just turns the violet shit show up to 11.

For all the noobs out there who had troubles doing visions.

So I guess they aren't removing visions when the xpac ends? I thought this was the new "mage tower" of this expansion. If they nerf it, kinda invalidates the work of all the people that 5 mask solo cleared before this point.

Give people "I win" buttons and all the loot, when those are clicked. That'll be even easier.
    I managed the 5 mask solo clears pre nerf, when Split Personality and Leaden Foot were out.
    (Those are not difficult for some, as Scorched Feet is not difficult to me, but they were for me.)
    I'm in a casual guild and so only PUG Mythic+ up to 17. I DON'T want them to be made easier, though.
    There's nothing special in overcoming a challenge that has been tuned down to your level.

they were ok for me. soloed 5 masks plenty of times already.
    instead of that I would simply implement a full wide nerfs to npcs for their drain sanity abilities. like soloing rexxar and shaw can be troublesome with all the adds draining sanity from you. Seriously those 2 are harder than the last boss at the end.

Good. I have the faceless one on both DH and warlock. Leaden foot + split was just a pain in the ass on my warlock but on dh it is ez mode. For the people complaining you can just show the date of when you got the feat of strength.

Nothing wrong with Visions, they should be punishing and challenging especially for the higher gear rewards.
    This is why the game is so easy these days , instead of pushing players to take time to learn and push their skills they just nerf the shit out of stuff so its face roll

Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    Nothing wrong with Visions, they should be punishing and challenging especially for the higher gear rewards.
    This is why the game is so easy these days , instead of pushing players to take time to learn and push their skills they just nerf the shit out of stuff so its face roll
    Bruh, this nerf came six fucking months after the content was released. Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Bruh, this nerf came six fucking months after the content was released. Get off your high horse.
    Yeah " six months after the content was released" if you can't get through the content after 6 months of gear upgrades then YOUR doing something wrong NOT the content. Just more cry babys and lazy people wanting high gear rewards with little to no effort, disgusting.

Yeah " six months after the content was released" if you can't get through the content after 6 months of gear upgrades then YOUR doing something wrong NOT the content. Just more cry babys and lazy people wanting high gear rewards with little to no effort, disgusting.
    Yes, because clearly this change is going to make it so that everybody who zones into a 5-Mask Horrific Vision will immediately be awarded with a piece of 470 gear. Grow up, dude. If you're getting this bent over them slightly nerfing content after six fucking months I'd hate to see the tantrum you must throw every time a new raid tier makes the last one easier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    So I guess they aren't removing visions when the xpac ends? I thought this was the new "mage tower" of this expansion. If they nerf it, kinda invalidates the work of all the people that 5 mask solo cleared before this point.
    dude with this cloak level 5 masking solo is something a baby can do my dude...

- - - Updated - - -

"so easy these days"
    Dude they have been doing post launch nerfs for literally 15 fucking years, get off your high horse.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content