Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How about no.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No. No they should not.
    This. This right here.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

For Paladins sure.

Ok with me. I love the series and the cloths look great.

no /10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I can't really be arsed to look up a bunch of generic armor designs, but virtually anything on https://www.pinterest.de/fir3br8nd/anime-armor/ or https://www.pinterest.de/katarinamarovic/anime-armor/, despite being generic as fuck, would look better than the barely distinguishable 80's gold-swirly-muscle-plate with spandex you posted. A more notworthy mentions might be stuff like Guts' berserker armor or the one griffith wore if you want a more light-side touch. They would at least somewhat fit Wow's aesthetic (even if it was pretty much just FFXIV at that point..).
    The first link yielded a lot of anime girls in form-fitting leather/corset, Xena-style armor which is hardly armor, especially by WoW standards.

I do see some unique looking sets in the second link. I mean, it's all medieval-inspired, which we already have by the hundreds, but I get your point.

There does seem to be misunderstanding. My suggestion was to design from inspiration, not outright rip Saint Seiya and translate those designs from manga/anime straight into the game, complete with sarongs and under armor spandex. I meant be creative, look to Greek myth, look to the Horoscope, borrow some designs for helmets, shoulders, glove designs but don't change WoW's style design to make it look like Saint Seiya. Adapt some of those designs into WoW armor, with pants, not short skirts, though many could be turned into long robes and would still look good and distinct. Paladins have been known to wear plate robes.

Please no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, desigining more than three armor sets per expansion would cost the suckers who still play this joke of a game an entire raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There does seem to be misunderstanding. My suggestion was to design from inspiration, not outright rip Saint Seiya and translate those designs from manga/anime straight into the game, complete with sarongs and under armor spandex. I meant be creative, look to Greek myth, look to the Horoscope, borrow some designs for helmets, shoulders, glove designs but don't change WoW's style design to make it look like Saint Seiya. Adapt some of those designs into WoW armor, with pants, not short skirts, though many could be turned into long robes and would still look good and distinct. Paladins have been known to wear plate robes.
    Well it came across like you wanted to introduce armor that most female paladins would be ashamed to wear to wow, that explains the overwhelmingly negative reaction. Changing it to fit stuff like shaman would also be quite the undertaking (as there is no thematic overlap between the two) and we already had that pretty much with Uldir armor.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Pretty much only good for paladins. Maybe, maybe Vrykul-theme warriors. Too similar for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well it came across like you wanted to introduce armor that most female paladins would be ashamed to wear to wow, that explains the overwhelmingly negative reaction. Changing it to fit stuff like shaman would also be quite the undertaking (as there is no thematic overlap between the two) and we already had that pretty much with Uldir armor.
    Absolutely not what I intended. My idea was to use them as a source of inspiration but maintain WoW's style, and just borrow some ideas for fresh aesthetics since the discontinued tier sets was apparently because of the burden on the art team of having to constantly create new distinct looking armor sets so often. I did say use them as inspiration, and not ripping it off straight up but I guess it got lost in the visual aids.

It could work really well with slender races that can lean into those kinds of lines like Naga or Sethrak. When I imagine Greek armor and robes it's normally very beautiful and clean, so maybe a new kind of sub-race of Naga that is less corrupted and closer to an elf may fit the style best? First impressions thinking about it, anyway.

The first link yielded a lot of anime girls in form-fitting leather/corset, Xena-style armor which is hardly armor, especially by WoW standards.

I do see some unique looking sets in the second link. I mean, it's all medieval-inspired, which we already have by the hundreds, but I get your point.

Yeah that "misunderstanding" might stem from the title of your thread... Maybe you shouldn't have both said, "inspiritation from Saint Seiya" then followed it up with pictures of the aforementioned. Perhaps "Blizzard should take inspiritation from Greek myth and legend, Norse myth and legend, Slavic myth and legend, 'insert ancient culture' myth and legend.

If that was the under-riding point, then you (unintentionally or not) mislead people with both the title and your first post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gimmie dat Aries Mu hair color.
    RIP <SoP>

Hard no from me, those sets look ridiculous even in Saint Seiya, even if they go with the theme of that show.

Thats gonna be a wurtzite boron nitride no from me. The hardest of all known no's.

I think your love for that particular anime has clouded your taste, OP.

Anime-style notwithstanding, those armors look terrible!

No, really. Try imagining those in WoW textures. They'd be Vanilla-level designs.

Heck, the Venthyr Covenant armors look much much better than those.

You asked for an alternative opinion, OP. So, here it is.

If they're going to use Anime as an inspiration for armor designs, I'd say those from 'Legend of Heavenly Sphere Shurato' are far superior in both colors and looks.
    (My range of anime listing is extremely limited cause I don't even watch them anymore. I saw this when I was little.)

Absolutely not what I intended. My idea was to use them as a source of inspiration but maintain WoW's style, and just borrow some ideas for fresh aesthetics since the discontinued tier sets was apparently because of the burden on the art team of having to constantly create new distinct looking armor sets so often. I did say use them as inspiration, and not ripping it off straight up but I guess it got lost in the visual aids.
    Where did you hear this? By the way, your suggestion is the worst suggestion in the history of bad suggestions. Seriously, what on earth made you think this was a good idea. Horrible aesthetics for wow, just absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Draikahnd View Post
    I think your love for that particular anime has clouded your taste, OP.

Anime-style notwithstanding, those armors look terrible!

No, really. Try imagining those in WoW textures. They'd be Vanilla-level designs.

Heck, the Venthyr Covenant armors look much much better than those.

You asked for an alternative opinion, OP. So, here it is.

If they're going to use Anime as an inspiration for armor designs, I'd say those from 'Legend of Heavenly Sphere Shurato' are far superior in both colors and looks.
    (My range of anime listing is extremely limited cause I don't even watch them anymore. I saw this when I was little.)
    Shocked someone else on MMO is familiar with Shurato! Ronin Warriors would be good too, especially for some Monk sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Where did you hear this? By the way, your suggestion is the worst suggestion in the history of bad suggestions. Seriously, what on earth made you think this was a good idea. Horrible aesthetics for wow, just absolutely horrible.
    I recall reading in an interview somewhere that the reason they discontinued Class sets was because of how much work it was for the art team, and said art team was creatively stretched after designing tier sets for what was then over a decade? They decided to give it a break and go with zone theme sets.

I think it would be a good idea to tap into astrology and Greek myth to come up with some cool armor sets, despite the overwhelmingly negative resposne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    When you state opinions are subjective but then ask if I have my own but ridicule me for "or do you just echo trash responses?" Seemslegit.

Regardless, I for one have watched the show at first when it aired way back here in the early 2000's in Canada. I never saw it after the first so many episodes. While I found it a tad cool, and it could be because I was young but it got boring as there were so much talking at least in the episodes I watched back then. In my opinion it's a no but for a variety of reasons:

A) The sets are almost all identical regardless of what the representation is about/for (though that can be changed via armor elongation or fittings but that also means that if the style stays the helm's are way too generic in nature. Literally becoming like the sets in Uldir etc for BFA.

B) A lot of the helm's would be odd fitting on a majority of characters as the helm's in those sets are made for humans (you can elongate them as I said previously) but the designs would still look odd.

C) The amount of backlash Blizzard would get is insane if those sets made it into the game, it's not so much against you or your opinion but on how it would actually turn out in reality, especially with how the community is.

****I won't lie, a few of the sets, like Warrior and monk armor depiction's are actually cool, if in a heavily modified way they were put into the game they would actually be pretty sick, that I can agree with. The problem is it would only be a select few. Too many and it would feel cumbersome and too much of an overall "theme" which if that's the case you should just argue a giant gladiator or something expansion and so forth. Only a few of the armor sets fit the theme of what you are trying to convey and only for a really strict specific set of classes as well****

Edit: This was supposed to be posted earlier but I had afk'd a while back to go do some stuff so if updates on reasons etc happened I probably will not notice.
    This kind of constructive criticism I can live with and respect, opposed to "drugs are bad, m'kay?" That's a shot at you, @Amnasty.

--- snip ---
    I expected sort of bad armor and the result was beyond horrifying. With @FelPlague here this is not a good choice.

Mod Edit: Don't quite a long post with lots of images for a small reply like this in the future.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-07-14 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Snipped OP