Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Poor, poor Rich Campbell. That leaden foot nerf came too late

Really? I mean...really? I am a casual player at best (and no, i am not a damn good player..okayish, heroic raiding back in my time...some mythic at the end of expansions before) , no raiding anymore, hell not even m+ due extreme lack of time to do it but even I did both sides to 5 masks solo already, got mail muncher and few thousand away from buying the mount from vendor.....Doing this change now feels.....extremely late...(10 days and my subscriptions runs out..hopefully I`ll get the bee mount until then and finishing the 100k for the horrific vision mount and then the expac is over for me....)

These aren't overly hard. Most of the mechanics are avoidable and the ones that aren't ypu can easily work around.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    Yeah " six months after the content was released" if you can't get through the content after 6 months of gear upgrades then YOUR doing something wrong NOT the content. Just more cry babys and lazy people wanting high gear rewards with little to no effort, disgusting.
    Dude chill, this content is really old now. Do you get really mad about legacy raids too? I agree the content was challenging and should be so when it was released, but now nobody gives a fuck and its old.

Well not sure if those changes will be all the diffrence, going to have to test that. My main problem with horrific visions has always been the balance. Its really easy with my DH but hard with my mage. And it’s not like a raid where it’s ok to be bad at one boss but good at another. This is required solo content and should have been better balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Grays, you are better than a lot of players. You honestly can't say that a lot of people just out gear it though can you?
    I have no statistics on average ilvl of first 5mask solo clear.

gear is a factor, but a small factor.
    class and spec is also only a small factor.
    the main factors are the cloak, titan research, learning mechanics and dealing with them safely.

i still hard cc some mobs on my 482 rogue main, like the big bug in the pack before rexxar. i blind the big guy then pull the small ones back.
    i can aoe yolo that pack with a 95% success rate, but that 5% risk aint worth it, just for saving 10 secs on a very forgiving timer.

well... animal player unite! you may can finish a 3 mask now with ilvl 470, +15 cloak and the nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    And Havoc DHs got 5-mask solo clears on day 1 they were available. DKs are basically easy mode too. Try solo 5 mask Frost Mage or Shadow Priest and then we'll talk.
    I know this is an unpopular opinion but honestly I absolutely LOVED doing visions as a shadow priest. While still gearing up they felt like an actual challenge to play your class to the best of your abilities.

I know this isn't the case for many other classes, and people think these visions are boring and dumb, but I personally had an absolute blast.

Early on Split used to get me all the time... its about learning mechanics and not just bulldozing your way through it. 5 mask is a piece of cake now, its just practice - some people CBA I guess. Either way the content itself is practically redundant...

Also, the people in here complaining about their "achievement" and how this devalues it, really...? Hate to break it to your little snowflake bragging rights, but people pay to get boosted through this shit, your achievements were devalued long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    I know this is an unpopular opinion but honestly I absolutely LOVED doing visions as a shadow priest. While still gearing up they felt like an actual challenge to play your class to the best of your abilities.

I know this isn't the case for many other classes, and people think these visions are boring and dumb, but I personally had an absolute blast.
    Shadow is just frustrating to play in visions. Small, short pulls take forever, and you're too squishy to just DoT up the entire universe.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'm 5 masking with several 450'ish chars and only thing that really matters is the cloak level. It's all about getting the mechanics down. For example lot of people complain about Rexxar but it's joke if you chill and take it slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    Scorched feet is a non-affix. Hell, it's a benefit if you don't mongo it. Feet burning, stop spazzing out, point yourself in the direction you want to go and move one step. You just leapt 15 yards, and you didn't even leave any burning bridge trail behind you.
    Please tell that to my monk, who has spell that counts as movement as part of his rotation (also very fun on Wrathion mythic btw)

Scorched feet is hands down the most annoying madness to deal with. If nothing else, just for the fact, that it's highly inconsistent in how much movement it takes before it launches you.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    So I guess they aren't removing visions when the xpac ends? I thought this was the new "mage tower" of this expansion. If they nerf it, kinda invalidates the work of all the people that 5 mask solo cleared before this point.
    This is nothing more than a quality of life change to make the visions a little more bearable since they are the be all end all source of the only reliable and farmable character progression once you can't get upgrades from running m+.
    If anyone genuinely believes that these things are what is preventing them from completing 5masked runs, they are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except if you're actually doing difficult visions where you not only get disoriented, but you stagger around leaving burned bridge stuff under yourself constantly walking over it over and over. Not to mention building yourself up to 18 stacks of leaden foot guaranteed, leaving you further unable to get out of the burned bridge, and anything else. Before I learned how to actually deal with Splits that was my biggest source of lost sanity, one nick at a time.
    I've never lost more than 30 sanity from burning bridge when disoriented by split personality, usually you get 2 ticks tops. And obviously you aren't going to willingly trigger while in combat, as being out of it for 4 seconds can bring you a lot more trouble than just 18 stacks of leaden foot (and triggering it doesn't put you in combat on its own)
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2020-07-14 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, that works so well when the exit is in a wall or off the side of a bridge /eyeroll.
    Have you ever noticed that the exit is never in front of your character? Count to 3, turn to wall, turn around ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    Remove those annoying tentacles, rest i don't care about.
    Uhm, may I ask you what problem you got with them?
    Maybe you are a caster and you dont know their mechanic?
    If you stay in melee they wont be digging, which negates them completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Shadow is just frustrating to play in visions. Small, short pulls take forever, and you're too squishy to just DoT up the entire universe.
    You could eat ghoulash, it heals a huge amount of life => you can pull more.

Unnecessary nerfs, those affixes werent hard to deal with, the one who makes you jump? fuck that garbage piece of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Kul View Post
    Well not sure if those changes will be all the diffrence, going to have to test that. My main problem with horrific visions has always been the balance. Its really easy with my DH but hard with my mage. And it’s not like a raid where it’s ok to be bad at one boss but good at another. This is required solo content and should have been better balanced.
    Eat some ghoulash with your mage => not hard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Eat some ghoulash with your mage => not hard anymore.
    Mages have no heal at all, so yeah I do eat Ghastly and not saying 5 masks can’t be done but it is sooo much more punishing with the slightest mistake. I’m actually better geared on the mage and my ”feeling” is that is about 50% harder, than on the DH. Which is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post

You could eat ghoulash, it heals a huge amount of life => you can pull more.
    Always do as every spec, Shadow is still frustrating and doesn't function well in that type of content.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Mages have no heal at all, so yeah I do eat Ghastly and not saying 5 masks can’t be done but it is sooo much more punishing with the slightest mistake. I’m actually better geared on the mage and my ”feeling” is that is about 50% harder, than on the DH. Which is too much.
    Well, it's a fact that DH (and BM Hunter + some tanks) is just completely faceroll. I were able to easily boost someone else with him, no problems at all.
    It's quite punishing doing mistakes for any class though - even DH can fk their run up if they are chaincc'd, but ofc it's way harder for them to actually fk it up.

Barrier is essentially healing, and during Lucid + Combustion you can't die.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU