10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Because Rhlor is insisting on switching factional allegiances from a character that stands out because of their neutrality (with Alliance-leaning side). That is what doesn't make sense.

No one cares if say Roseleth wanted to go back home to Silvermoon. The insistence on Auric switching factional allegiance (which is what Rhlor is adamant about) is what is strange. Can he not stay as a High Elf representative in Silvermoon while being Alliance? The same way Baine doesn't automatically become Alliance just because he's visting Anduin / is at Anduin's council meets.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet no one is asking for a Blood Elf named character who has been Horde to go to the Alliance side. That's what Elbleut is pointing out.
    Yet, Roseleth is in a very similar position to Auric?

I think it's because of the unique position high elves were in that makes people ask for them to switch sides. Now that Thalassians finally have representation on the other team maybe gives them more room to stay where they are, but before BfA no other race was so represented in the opposing faction to the majority of their people as Thalassians were on the Alliance. It was especially strange to see Auric residing in Quel'Thalas (perhaps he ported in and out after his shift lol) and talking about all the "children of Silvermoon" collectively.

Baine was not a permanent fixture in Alliance territory like Auric might seem to be and he was presumably not allowed to stray much beyond Anduin's company in Stormwind Keep, presumably the most guarded area in all Alliance land. However, we have Auric, potentially still working for the Alliance in an official capacity, spending substantial time in one of the most sacred and vulnerable areas of one of the Horde's nations.

I'm trying to think of a real-world example that is as strange, it might be like having a Soviet American representing American expats in the USSR being a member of the Communist Party and spending all his time around the president, chiefs of staff and a site of cultural importance like the Lincoln Memorial, Plymouth Rock, the Washington Memorial and Mt Rushmore all rolled into one.
    Last edited by Thalassian Bob; 2020-07-14 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Yet, Roseleth is in a very similar position to Auric?

I think it's because of the unique position high elves were in that makes people ask for them to switch sides. Now that Thalassians finally have representation on the other team maybe gives them more room to stay where they are, but before BfA no other race was so represented in the opposing faction to the majority of their people as Thalassians were on the Alliance. It was especially strange to see Auric residing in Quel'Thalas (perhaps he ported in and out after his shift lol) and talking about all the "children of Silvermoon" collectively.

Baine was not a permanent fixture in Alliance territory like Auric might seem to be and he was presumably not allowed to stray much beyond Anduin's company in Stormwind Keep, presumably the most guarded area in all Alliance land. However, we have Auric, potentially still working for the Alliance in an official capacity, spending substantial time in one of the most sacred and vulnerable areas of one of the Horde's nations.

In trying to think of a real-world example that is as strange, it might be like having a Soviet American representing American expats in the USSR being a member of the Communist Party and spending all his time around the president, chiefs of staff and a site of cultural importance like the Lincoln Memorial, Plymouth Rock, the Washington Memorial and Mt Rushmore all rolled into one.
    Auric was also seen only once in Quel'thalas and only at Sunwell, so he was most likely restricted in the similar way Baine was in Stormwind. I'm not aware of him being anywhere else.

Don't forget his involvement was back in WotLK. We've been through two major conflicts between factions, which included Horde killing high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Awesome!! So Blizzard knows Forest Trolls and BE hair colors (I would've just said normal hair colors honestly, but whatever) are something wanted. That means we're probably not going to see hair colors on Void Elves by the time of Shadowlands launch, but sounds like it'll definitely happen at some point later.

That they mention Forest Trolls means they're going to do what I anticipated: forgo Allied Races if a race uses an existing model and just implement them into the existing races as customization options.
    Just for the record, the bit about forest trolls and blood elf hair colors was not a quote from any Blizzard representative, it's just the author's inference following a broad statement by the art director. It's still true, but void elves having access to blood elf hair colors has never been an issue of labor. I don't doubt normal hair colors, and maybe they'll just copy paste from blood elves, but that particular statement is not an acknowledgement of anything specific on the part of the devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Auric was also seen only once in Quel'thalas and only at Sunwell, so he was most likely restricted in the similar way Baine was in Stormwind. I'm not aware of him being anywhere else.

Don't forget his involvement was back in WotLK. We've been through two major conflicts between factions, which included Horde killing high elves.
    True. We don't know how long the high elves were allowed access to the Sunwell. Obviously, Lor'themar opened Quel'Thalas up to the return of expats once the Sunwell crisis was over with doing things like visiting the elves stationed at Quel'Lithien and high elves were able to visit the Sunwell on pilgrimage but perhaps that was only within a temporary window. The pilgrimage may have been a one and done thing. The Sunwell may have been closed to high elves again once the events of Cataclysm began.

I'd love to see Silvermoon (and all the other racial capitals) updated to reflect their evolution over the past decade or more since TBC/Cataclysm. That would go a long way towards making Azeroth feel more alive in the many years since its initial iteration and the Cata updates.

Perhaps Auric himself may not have left the Alliance completely (though I think his speech in the Sin'dorei Quel'Delar events makes it sound possible) and returned home more permanently, I'm sure several of the elves under his command likely did.

Obviously everyone gets blue eyes now and I think seeing Allerian Stronghold elves around Silvermoon and Stormwind would be one cool potential implicit explanation for that.

True. We don't know how long the high elves were allowed access to the Sunwell. Obviously, Lor'themar opened Quel'Thalas up to the return of expats once the Sunwell crisis was over with doing things like visiting the elves stationed at Quel'Lithien and high elves were able to visit the Sunwell on pilgrimage but perhaps that was only within a temporary window. The pilgrimage may have been a one and done thing. The Sunwell may have been closed to high elves again once the events of Cataclysm began.

I'd love to see Silvermoon (and all the other racial capitals) updated to reflect their evolution over the past decade or more since TBC/Cataclysm. That would go a long way towards making Azeroth feel more alive in the many years since its initial iteration and the Cata updates.

Perhaps Auric himself may not have left the Alliance completely (though I think his speech in the Sin'dorei Quel'Delar events makes it sound possible) and returned home more permanently, I'm sure several of the elves under his command likely did.

Obviously everyone gets blue eyes now and I think seeing Allerian Stronghold elves around Silvermoon and Stormwind would be one cool potential implicit explanation for that.
    Yes, exactly this. We lack any information of high elven pilgrimage once faction war erupted in Cataclysm, and I don't really find it very likely for Horde to let a structure so important for one of their nation to be opened even for the Alliance... it's dangerous and it would be well within Lor'themar's character to shut Alliance pilgrimages to prevent any harm which could be done to Sunwell. Following Purge of Dalaran, I think most of high elves would be not welcomed at all.

In recent history, we've seen only Alleria to be allowed close to Sunwell and only because Lor'themar himself personally approved of it, Romath was not about to let her in, so hard to say what was the most usual practise back then. After Fourth War erupted, I think that even if some pilgrimages took place, they were once again shut down.

I agree that Allerian Stronghold elves are the most likely to rejoin Quel'thalas. They did not bear any particular grudges towards sin'dorei, because they were not actually exiled by them, on the contrary to quel'dorei on Azeroth. They just did not want to follow path Kael has taken and felt disgusted that their brethren are sucking mana from living beings and are consorting with demonic powers, but that path has been abandoned by blood elves already... I think they can easily stay in Alliance as well, since Alleria, their commander and a person who they followed for years, is back in action on the blue team.

Lorewise, we might see a situation where there are canonically no blood elf Shadow priests as practicing void magic will be prohibited within Silvermoon or they are driven into seclusion similar to how human warlocks were. I think the move of void elves to practitioners of void magic rather than void mutants has interesting implications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, exactly this. We lack any information of high elven pilgrimage once faction war erupted in Cataclysm, and I don't really find it very likely for Horde to let a structure so important for one of their nation to be opened even for the Alliance... it's dangerous and it would be well within Lor'themar's character to shut Alliance pilgrimages to prevent any harm which could be done to Sunwell. Following Purge of Dalaran, I think most of high elves would be not welcomed at all.

In recent history, we've seen only Alleria to be allowed close to Sunwell and only because Lor'themar himself personally approved of it, Romath was not about to let her in, so hard to say what was the most usual practise back then. After Fourth War erupted, I think that even if some pilgrimages took place, they were once again shut down.

I agree that Allerian Stronghold elves are the most likely to rejoin Quel'thalas. They did not bear any particular grudges towards sin'dorei, because they were not actually exiled by them, on the contrary to quel'dorei on Azeroth. They just did not want to follow path Kael has taken and felt disgusted that their brethren are sucking mana from living beings and are consorting with demonic powers, but that path has been abandoned by blood elves already... I think they can easily stay in Alliance as well, since Alleria, their commander and a person who they followed for years, is back in action on the blue team.
    Yeah, the way Alleria's pilgrimage was handled did make it seem like hers was an exceptional case at the time.

I'd agree with your assessment on most things in your final paragraph apart from the part where Allerian elves could be expected to be allowed to return home whilst also maintaining official ties of allegiance with the Alliance. The blood elves may be the Horde race that has flirted most with blurring the faction lines or stepping across them (except perhaps for Baine and Saurfang ) but since the Sin'dorei's initial introduction into the Horde after the Third War, Silvermoon has maintained unbroken and fairly active participation in the Horde. I don't think Quel'dorei would be allowed to return home whilst also maintaining a pledge to the Alliance. I think they could live in Quel'Thalas and choose not to participate in the faction war (since the pledge to the Horde is an individual choice) but I don't think they could bat explicitly for the other team.

Keep in mind that these elves joined the Outland expedition to kill orcs and destroy the Horde.

Ion said we would see npcs in the capitals see some high elves npcs in silvermoon is what I'm asking for I don't think it's something impossible to see

Yeah, the way Alleria's pilgrimage was handled did make it seem like hers was an exceptional case at the time.

I'd agree with your assessment on most things in your final paragraph apart from the part where Allerian elves could be expected to be allowed to return home whilst also maintaining official ties of allegiance with the Alliance. The blood elves may be the Horde race that has flirted most with blurring the faction lines or stepping across them (except perhaps for Baine and Saurfang ) but since the Sin'dorei's initial introduction into the Horde after the Third War, Silvermoon has maintained unbroken and fairly active participation in the Horde. I don't think Quel'dorei would be allowed to return home whilst also maintaining a pledge to the Alliance. I think they could live in Quel'Thalas and choose not to participate in the faction war (since the pledge to the Horde is an individual choice) but I don't think they could bat explicitly for the other team.
    I expressed myself incorrectly then. I meant that part of allerian elves could be open to rejoin Quel'thalas as their home, since blood elves stopped mana tapping long time ago, and some of them will remain loyal to the Alliance because of Alleria and possibly other ties they already have to the faction. I did not meant that there could be Alliance elves living in Quel'thalas, which is Horde territory.

I agree that Lor'themar keeps Silvermoon active in Horde affairs. It's possible that in his new position as a member of Horde Council, he will finaly make Horde contribute to Quel'thalas after all these years of blood elven support of wars started by various Warchiefs. As we've seen, Ghostlands are still undead infested wastelands, when Amani threat resurged during cataclysm, Halduron had to invite Vereesa and her rangers to aid them... it all imply that Horde does not provide enough support to sin'dorei... but again, this is another thing that has not been adressed for very long time, similar to high elven pilgrimages, etc.

Now, I would really welcome one expansion centered around rebuilding a world, filling gaps in stories, ending lose ends set up by some events, without some major world ending threat. As you said, it would make world more living again. It definitely worked back in classic, I think we all can take a break from these "titan-level" threats which are about to end whole universe, if we get AFK for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Ion said we would see npcs in the capitals see some high elves npcs in silvermoon is what I'm asking for I don't think it's something impossible to see
    Well, I think he meant that we will see new customizations among already existing NPCs, that does not mean they'll be adding new NPCs to cities.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-07-14 at 01:47 PM.

Lor'themar allowed Alleria to visit Sunwell

About alleria and the high elves of allerian stronghold is a complicated matter, auric deeply loves sunwell and wanted to avenge its destruction. alleria almost destroyed the sunwell many high elves even the allerian stronghold ones will be angry
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-07-14 at 01:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Just for the record, the bit about forest trolls and blood elf hair colors was not a quote from any Blizzard representative, it's just the author's inference following a broad statement by the art director. It's still true, but void elves having access to blood elf hair colors has never been an issue of labor. I don't doubt normal hair colors, and maybe they'll just copy paste from blood elves, but that particular statement is not an acknowledgement of anything specific on the part of the devs.
    Yeah it's an inference from what the art director said, but at the same time it's published and hasn't been corrected by Blizzard (as in Blizzard didn't contact them and say it's an incorrect statement so change it).

I also think the interviewer is more elaborating on what the art director means rather than simply making an inference here. Especially because they state that "Shadowlands has overhauled the way that cosmetics work; it's not longer an exponential increase in effort to keep adding systems like Night Warrior cosmetics" (the interviewer).

And now I'll make an inference of that sentence: It means it doesn't require Blizzard as many resources to add character customization options whereas with the Night Warrior they went about explaining it with a whole bit of lore / quest line. Now Blizzard are going to simply add customization options when they can as they're not held to 'having to explain' how those customization options came to be.

Lor'themar allowed Alleria to visit Sunwell

About alleria and the high elves of allerian stronghold is a complicated matter, auric deeply loves sunwell and wanted to avenge its destruction. alleria almost destroyed the sunwell many high elves even the allerian stronghold ones will be angry
    It was not her intention to damage or destroy Sunwell, it was only accident, and it was Alleria who fixed the mess, other elves did not even know what to do. I think that reaction of allerian elves would affect what kind of information or desinformation will they get, but since they are in Outland and are Alliance aligned and residing a town named after Alleria, I think they will get the version of a story which paints Alleria in good light.

I'm also not that sure about that deep love for Sunwell from these elves, since they were cut from it for very long time and managed to survive without it. They will surely held special feelings for Sunwell, as all thalassians, but I think elves who are closer to Sunwell have also deeper connection to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see that too. Just no Silver Covenant scum, please!

I expressed myself incorrectly then. I meant that part of allerian elves could be open to rejoin Quel'thalas as their home, since blood elves stopped mana tapping long time ago, and some of them will remain loyal to the Alliance because of Alleria and possibly other ties they already have to the faction. I did not meant that there could be Alliance elves living in Quel'thalas, which is Horde territory.

I agree that Lor'themar keeps Silvermoon active in Horde affairs. It's possible that in his new position as a member of Horde Council, he will finaly make Horde contribute to Quel'thalas after all these years of blood elven support of wars started by various Warchiefs. As we've seen, Ghostlands are still undead infested wastelands, when Amani threat resurged during cataclysm, Halduron had to invite Vereesa and her rangers to aid them... it all imply that Horde does not provide enough support to sin'dorei... but again, this is another thing that has not been adressed for very long time, similar to high elven pilgrimages, etc.

Now, I would really welcome one expansion centered around rebuilding a world, filling gaps in stories, ending lose ends set up by some events, without some major world ending threat. As you said, it would make world more living again. It definitely worked back in classic, I think we all can take a break from these "titan-level" threats which are about to end whole universe, if we get AFK for a while.
    Ah okay, yeah, that is very plausible. They did spend ~20 years living alongside humans and dwarves so I'm sure many of the Allerian elves built some strong friendships with members of the Alliance which I'm sure they'd be reluctant to give up even for the prospect of finally going home.

That is an interesting point regarding Horde involvement or lack thereof in Quel'Thalas. Maybe there's logistical or diplomatic concerns about getting a substantial Kalimdor force across the Great Sea and then getting it up to Quel'Thalas without it being seen as a potential act of aggression by the Alliance? The only time we've seen a substantial Kalimdor Horde presence in the Eastern Kingdoms since Thrall's exodus in the Third War was for the Battle of Lordaeron and those were pretty exceptional circumstances.

Still, it'd be nice to see Silvermoon get a little help after how many blood elven lives (which are probably still quite precious even a decade or so after their near genocide) have been given freely in the Horde's campaigns.

I agree about how it'd be nice to see some more grounded changes in Azeroth, free of cosmic-scale dangers lol. Hopefully it wouldn't take an expansion worth of work though on Blizzard's part. I could see it being something like the scale of the Argus patch or even the end of BfA were Orgrimmar and Stormwind got a lot of little changes with the appearance of some key NPCs and their dialogue to articulate how various groups had been affected by the Fourth War.

Well, I think he meant that we will see new customizations among already existing NPCs, that does not mean they'll be adding new NPCs to cities.
    It can be but it is still not difficult to add to an existing npc.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah okay, yeah, that is very plausible. They did spend ~20 years living alongside humans and dwarves so I'm sure many of the Allerian elves built some strong friendships with members of the Alliance which I'm sure they'd be reluctant to give up even for the prospect of finally going home.

That is an interesting point regarding Horde involvement or lack thereof in Quel'Thalas. Maybe there's logistical or diplomatic concerns about getting a substantial Kalimdor force across the Great Sea and then getting it up to Quel'Thalas without it being seen as a potential act of aggression by the Alliance? The only time we've seen a substantial Kalimdor Horde presence in the Eastern Kingdoms since Thrall's exodus in the Third War was for the Battle of Lordaeron and those were pretty exceptional circumstances.

Still, it'd be nice to see Silvermoon get a little help after how many blood elven lives (which are probably still quite precious even a decade or so after their near genocide) have been given freely in the Horde's campaigns.

I agree about how it'd be nice to see some more grounded changes in Azeroth, free of cosmic-scale dangers lol. Hopefully it wouldn't take an expansion worth of work though on Blizzard's part. I could see it being something like the scale of the Argus patch or even the end of BfA were Orgrimmar and Stormwind got a lot of little changes with the appearance of some key NPCs and their dialogue to articulate how various groups had been affected by the Fourth War.
    so i thought of some npcs high elves that could be added in silvermoon:

auric sunchaser: the last time we saw him he was in the sunwell and has the title of high elf representative.
    Kirkian Dawnshield: is friendly to the horde and gives us a quest to kill wretched
    Theloria Shadecloak: Terokkar Forest and she says he dreams of going back to quelthalas!
    Gilveradin Sunchaser: is a friendly high elf with horde players in hinterlands and has orc friends in orgrimmar
    Ros’eleth: the last time we saw her was in the order class hunter so she was already working with the quelthalas rangers
    Captain Thalo’thas Brightsun: he is a high elf in ratchet is friendly with the horde and does not like the alliance
    Vyrin Swiftwind: we can see her in Loch Modan she at that time did not agree with the new practices of the blood elves unlike her I hope she was always loyal to quelthalas, she left but both she and his wife despite their separation always loved each other In the end she finds out that her husband died as a hero facing the garrosh forces. It would be beautiful to see her in quelthalas in honor of her husband.
    Gilthares Firebough: is a high elf prisoner in Northwatch Hold and the horde players help him escape

Quel'thalas is probably too remoted for major Horde centers to contribute to them I guess. We already learned that you can't move armies by portals, only individuals. During faction wars, Quel'thalas was always out of reach for the Alliance thanks to Forsaken holding the first line of defense. Clearing remaining Scourge or dealing with rampant amani trolls was probably never priority for any Warchief, especially while they had to deal with some major global threat like Cataclysm, Iron Horde or Legion Invasions or with war with the Alliance. I guess elves could feel really frustrated about it, since they are contributing to Horde effort quite often, they were able to negotiate Horde's entry to Dalaran back in WotLK and were vital for Isle of Thunder campaign... and what do they get in return? Victory or death... which is probably not that attractive for a race which faced genocide recently. Given this, I understand why Lor'themar was about to leave Horde before Purge of Dalaran.

Now that Forsaken are removed from Lordaeron and Alliance having Stromgarde restored, it brings Quel'thalas to much more vulnerable position. It is natural that Lor'themar will be now voice of peace on the Horde, since if a faction war ever erupts again, his land will be one of the first to suffer from it, especially when there are Alleria and Umbric in the Alliance, who both expressed their desire to bring Quel'thalas back to the Alliance.

It can be but it is still not difficult to add to an existing npc.
    Yes, it would not be difficult and I expect we will actually see some of existing NPCs to have blue eyes. It will not make them high elves though, since they will keep their blood elf voice lines, like "Glory to the sin'dorei". They will be still regarded as blood elves, only now with eyes without fel pollution.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-07-14 at 02:19 PM.

Quel'thalas is probably too remoted for major Horde centers to contribute to them I guess. We already learned that you can't move armies by portals, only individuals. During faction wars, Quel'thalas was always out of reach for the Alliance thanks to Forsaken holding the first line of defense. Clearing remaining Scourge or dealing with rampant amani trolls was probably never priority for any Warchief, especially while they had to deal with some major global threat like Cataclysm, Iron Horde or Legion Invasions or with war with the Alliance. I guess elves could feel really frustrated about it, since they are contributing to Horde effort quite often, they were able to negotiate Horde's entry to Dalaran back in WotLK and were vital for Isle of Thunder campaign... and what do they get in return? Victory or death... which is probably not that attractive for a race which faced genocide recently. Given this, I understand why Lor'themar was about to leave Horde before Purge of Dalaran.

Now that Forsaken are removed from Lordaeron and Alliance having Stromgarde restored, it brings Quel'thalas to much more vulnerable position. It is natural that Lor'themar will be now voice of peace on the Horde, since if a faction war ever erupts again, his land will be one of the first to suffer from it, especially when there are Alleria and Umbric in the Alliance, who both expressed their desire to bring Quel'thalas back to the Alliance.

Yes, it would not be difficult and I expect we will actually see some of existing NPCs to have blue eyes. It will not make them high elves though, since they will keep their blood elf voice lines, like "Glory to the sin'dorei". They will be still regarded as blood elves, only now with eyes without fel pollution.
    and the void elves will follow with the tentacle voice lines.

but danuser said that the lore = / = gameplay that and that the lore of the characters with the customizations does not have to be part of the gamepay.

you can play as sandfurry and it can say "for the darkspear" but it is still a sandfurry

and the void elves will follow with the tentacle voice lines.

but danuser said that the lore = / = gameplay that and that the lore of the characters with the customizations does not have to be part of the gamepay.

you can play as sandfurry and it can say "for the darkspear" but it is still a sandfurry
    What Danuser said was centered towards playable characters, so yes, you can be sand troll or high elf on the Horde, depending on which customization you chose for your character. What are we talking about are NPCs, and while there potentionaly would be blood elves with blue eyes, since those NPCs considered themselves blood elves since their introduction, I don't see a reason why should they stop doing so once they get blue eye color.

What Danuser said was centered towards playable characters, so yes, you can be sand troll or high elf on the Horde, depending on which customization you chose for your character. What are we talking about are NPCs, and while there potentionaly would be blood elves with blue eyes, since those NPCs considered themselves blood elves since their introduction, I don't see a reason why should they stop doing so once they get blue eye color.
    i'm talking about adding some high elf npcs that already exist in quelthalas not over other npcs

10+ Year Old Account
    so i thought of some npcs high elves that could be added in silvermoon:

auric sunchaser: the last time we saw him he was in the sunwell and has the title of high elf representative.
    Kirkian Dawnshield: is friendly to the horde and gives us a quest to kill wretched
    Theloria Shadecloak: Terokkar Forest and she says he dreams of going back to quelthalas!
    Gilveradin Sunchaser: is a friendly high elf with horde players in hinterlands and has orc friends in orgrimmar
    Ros’eleth: the last time we saw her was in the order class hunter so she was already working with the quelthalas rangers
    Captain Thalo’thas Brightsun: he is a high elf in ratchet is friendly with the horde and does not like the alliance
    Vyrin Swiftwind: we can see her in Loch Modan she at that time did not agree with the new practices of the blood elves unlike her I hope she was always loyal to quelthalas, she left but both she and his wife despite their separation always loved each other In the end she finds out that her husband died as a hero facing the garrosh forces. It would be beautiful to see her in quelthalas in honor of her husband.
    Gilthares Firebough: is a high elf prisoner in Northwatch Hold and the horde players help him escape
    The bolded ones I would certainly agree with. Kirkian was one of the members of Quel'Lithien so I'd like to think he'd be the last high elf we'd see going back to Quel'Thalas. If he did, I wouldn't have very much respect for him, considering he was exiled because of his principles. It wouldn't look very good if he went crawling back after something went wrong.

Vyrin I'm not sure about. Her husband's story could have inspired her to rethink Silvermoon's direction since the Third War, but she's been a staple of early Alliance questing for nearly two decades, so I wouldn't want to spoil the picture by taking her out of it. Besides she might find it too hard going home without her husband. Staying away from Quel'Thalas might be the best thing for her.

Yeah, I think it's just an unfortunate reality for both sides in the equation and, as you say, it's understandable why Lor'themar might look elsewhere for political alliances. Especially when it makes for more geographical sense for Quel'Thalas to ally with forces with a hub on the same continent (if you remove the Forsaken wedge in between them).

I think that's a very astute assessment regarding Lor'themar's motives going forward. Quel'Thalas is rather isolated at the moment...

Absolutely. Being Sin'dorei is more a political/philosophical position, rather than making one part of a separate Thalassian ethnicity. Any high elf who returned to Quel'Thalas after the events of TBC would probably have to adopt the name blood elf (blue eyes or no) or they would rightly face deep suspicion and probably contempt. Lanesh may very well be such an elf, for example.