Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    something I would like to know is the current situation of the night elves in nordrassil, if they are building a new capital

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    something I would like to know is the current situation of the night elves in nordrassil, if they are building a new capital
    At the start of the novel it says Malfurion and Tyrande retreated to Nordrassil and aren't particularly interested in reading Anduin's missives.

Honestly, I doubt we'll get much more than that - I'm about half way in and the plot is slowly picking up pace, centering itself around whatever Nathanos is doing in Zandalar. The Night Elves aren't really a big part of this book, at least so far.

There is nothing about new capital. I suppose this is quite big event for the book. About Hyjal there is one chapter (Thrall's pov mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Void elves are as much of a danger as anyone else. Visions of N'Zoth prove that the people of Stormwind and Orgrimmar can easily succumb to the whispers.
    I do think it was telling that in the SW Horrific Vision a good deal of the enemy NPCs were void elves. Sure there were footmen, and dwarves, etc scattered around. But they put the void elf NPCs everywhere.
    Suspicious, nay?
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-07-14 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I do think it was telling that in the SW Horrific Vision a good deal of the enemy NPCs were void elves. Sure there were footmen, and dwarves, etc scattered around. But they put the void elf NPCs everywhere.
    Suspicious, nay?
    Just like in Orgrimmar there were orcs and other corrupted Horde races everywhere.

Yeah, perhaps being more suspicious of the Horde's, and in particular Thrall's, resistance to the whispers (or lack thereof) might be wise.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-14 at 02:59 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Suspicious, nay?
    Before Legion: Void is bad
    *Alleria absorbs it*
    After Legion: oh wait void is fine

There is nothing where you could extrapolate that from. The only night elfs characters that get mentioned there are...
    Tyrande
    Shandris
    Malfuion
    Maiev
    A night elf girl playing a lute
    A night elf mage that does a portal to Stormwind later

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    There is nothing where you could extrapolate that from. The only night elfs characters that get mentioned there are...
    Tyrande
    Shandris
    Malfuion
    Maiev
    A night elf girl playing a lute
    A night elf mage that does a portal to Stormwind later
    we will have to wait

Just like in Orgrimmar there were orcs and other corrupted Horde races everywhere.

Yeah, perhaps being more suspicious of the Horde's, and in particular Thrall's, resistance to the whispers (or lack thereof) might be wise.
    You mean the city of orcs was still full of orcs?
    The difference here is that void elves are not the predominant population of SW but served as 2 of the bosses and were ubiquitous throughout.
    I noted there were corrupted humans and dwarves (which tracks as they form large percentages of the city's populace - just like the orcs of Org) but to hand wave away the significant void elf presence is to be nearing willful blindness.

Put another way -
    If the vulpera were everywhere in the Org Horrific Vision with Kiro serving as the final boss and Nisha as a minor boss, wouldn't you be concerned?
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-07-14 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The difference here is that void elves are not the predominant population of SW but served as 2 of the bosses and were ubiquitous throughout.
    I noted there were corrupted humans and dwarves (which tracks as they form large percentages of the city's populace - just like the orcs of Org) but to hand wave away the significant void elf presence is to be nearing willful blindness.

Put another way -
    If the vulpera were everywhere in the Org Horrific Vision with Kiro serving as the final boss and Nisha as a minor boss, wouldn't you be concerned?
    The Horrific Visions of Orgrimmar and Stormwind are manifestly not real, though; they're the fever dreams of N'Zoth. You can't really project or impute much of anything from them, really; because they're just examples of what N'Zoth wants from the Azeroth he planned to bring about. Alleria in her madness in the Horrific Vision of Stormwind might've put all the other Void Elves to death, for example, just as she killed her own husband and was preparing to sacrifice her son to N'Zoth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm not denying void elves can succumb to the whispers, I am saying that any race can succumb to the whispers, and the Visions of N'Zoth are proof of that. Some people should stop thinking that void elves are a special case. They are not. And there weren't only corrupted orcs in Orgrimmar, there were also many corrupted non-orcs. You are also forgetting that Orgrimmar is not just a city of orcs, it stopped being one at the end of WotLK. Orgrimmar is a cultural melting pot in which people of many Horde races live. The crowd at Saurfang's funeral highlights the racial variety found in the city.

Also funny how you are downplaying hard the presence of a lot of corrupted non-void elf races in Stormwind. There is a significant presence of void elves only in the Cathedral and Mage District -- which, not surprisingly, are the only two districts with a void elf mini-boss at the end. And even in those two void elf districts there are still many corrupted human npcs.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-14 at 03:15 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Horrific Visions of Orgrimmar and Stormwind are manifestly not real, though; they're the fever dreams of N'Zoth. You can't really project or impute much of anything from them, really; because they're just examples of what N'Zoth wants from the Azeroth he planned to bring about. Alleria in her madness in the Horrific Vision of Stormwind might've put all the other Void Elves to death, for example, just as she killed her own husband and was preparing to sacrifice her son to N'Zoth.
    Sure - it was just N'zoth's perspective on potential events - but that then still implies N'zoth saw them as an excellent tool to leverage at a higher per capita than the main populace.

So basically the whole book is about fiction faction created to give Blood Elves to Alliance just like they created Wrynn to have somewhat cool characters because canonically they all are with the Horde.

Thanks for posting, easy pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So basically the whole book is about fiction faction created to give Blood Elves to Alliance just like they created Wrynn to have somewhat cool characters because canonically they all are with the Horde.

blood elves in the alliance??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post

Ah yes, Bwonsamdi and Zandalar, my favorite Blood elf topics
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

blood elves in the alliance??
    There is a sin'dorei spy, who works for the Alliance for money. And no, I am not talking about Valeera. There is another one.

I'm not denying void elves can succumb to the whispers, I am saying that any race can succumb to the whispers, and the Visions of N'Zoth are proof of that. Some people should stop thinking that void elves are a special case. They are not. And there weren't only corrupted orcs in Orgrimmar, there were also many corrupted non-orcs. You are also forgetting that Orgrimmar is not just a city of orcs, it stopped being one at the end of WotLK. Orgrimmar is a cultural melting pot in which people of many Horde races live. The crowd at Saurfang's funeral highlights the racial variety found in the city.

Also funny how you are downplaying hard the presence of a lot of corrupted non-void elf races in Stormwind. There is a significant presence of void elves only in the Cathedral and Mage District -- which, not surprisingly, are the only two districts with a void elf mini-boss at the end. And even in those two void elf districts there are still many corrupted human npcs.
    It is still mostly populated by orcs and thus explains why they'd make up the largest contingent of the hostile npcs - I'm not saying they were the only corrupted inhabitants nor am I stating that only certain races get corrupted.
    I'm highlighting that in one specific instance (SW) a tiny population of void elves was dis-proportionally represented in the Vision.

Also they are also the fallen taskmasters in the dwarven district. Void elves are all over the place at a disproportionate and worrisome level is the point I am making.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-07-14 at 03:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    There is a sin'dorei spy, who works for the Alliance for money. And no, I am not talking about Valeera. There is another one.
    So just a mercenary.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    I would like to have a high elf spy who will work for Quelthalas

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to have a high elf spy who will work for Quelthalas
    Roll a rogue
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.