Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 1 of 52
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Which expansion was the absolute worst?

With the end of an expansion comes my biannual worst expansion poll.

Which expansion/era is the absolute worst, and why?

WoD. Raid or die, there's was literally fuck all to do besides raiding in WoD.

WoD was bad but the raids were fun.. BFA is the worst honestly. At least in WoD i could make tons of money from Garrison missions on all my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a contest. WoD obviously.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    WoD was bad but the raids were fun.. BFA is the worst honestly. At least in WoD i could make tons of money from Garrison missions on all my alts.
    wow this sounds extremely fun stuff to do

depends,people that just like raiding,wod was awsome,the raids were rly good and we werent forced in doing crap we dont like,legion was rly annoying for me,the ap grind was to much and i didnt get any good elegendery until tomb!

but bfa is proly worse in that regard,atleast legion felt better thematicaly

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything after MoP.

everything after MoP is garbage, but BFA is the worst

Bfa and it isn’t close.

The seasonal, one sized fits all version of wow was soul less.

The gear never was easier to get and has never meant less

Also, rented power is bad game design

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with Cataclysm personally.

Had high hopes for it when it was announced. The theme of Deathwing breaking the world, elemental forces as the bad guys... seemed very chaotic and crazy compared to the themes for WotLK.

But the expansion itself? Meh. Not to mention Heroic Dungeons in the first half the expansion were god awful to heal.

WoD and BfA worst followed by MoP(unpopular opinion on mmo-champ). Shame because I really like Asian themes but I couldn't make myself playing it much. Maybe I was tired of WoW. But WoD had nothing to do in it, and BfA tried too much which made stuff both boring and lackluster in the end. Less is more some times. Just not as less as WoD :P

But I am taking the word from others that they thought MoP had good gameplay. I don't think so myself, but I've learned to take others opinion into consideration. Yeah, that's possible.

Best to worst:
    TBC/Legion

WotLK

Cata
    MoP
    BfA
    WoD

Where is the poll btw?

BFA is digital trash. Off the charts RNG, passive dmg and 5 different grind systems.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BfA is the worst, every system from Azerite to Warfronts to Islands to corruption failed to deliver on the promises of the system. Every class is a regression of how it played in legion, maybe this has to go with the GCD change for some classes but overall they feel worse. Absolute trash. Also the first raid sucked and every raid after BDA sucks so thats like ... all of them basically.

WoD is a pretty close second but the fact of the matter is almost every class played better in WoD right out of the box and you didn't have to endlessly grind for the perfect piece of azerite gear to dismantle into risidium so you could actually buy the perfect piece.

Why is this even a question? WoD.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

In order probably WoD, BFA, Legion, Cata, BC, Vanilla, MoP, Wrath.

This guy gets it. Even if there wasn't much to do other than raid in WoD, classes were still fun and I could play alts when I was done on my main.

BFA is the worst expansion hands down.

BFA and WoD, oh my lord. Can I choose both? I need a multiple choice option. WoD was boring asf with a shitty PVP island, absolutely nothing to do outside of raiding, and a terrible Garrison system that expanded on for literally no fucking reason whatsoever. Meanwhile, BFA IS FUNDAMENTALLY BROKEN! But with BFA, I at least have something to do, even if I fucking hate it.

(The Art/Music Teams NEVER fuck up, however. They literally don't miss, even in these Expansions).

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I hated WoD though, cause everything involved around a half ass'd system that wasn't even good outside of people spamming that fucking mission table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    depends,people that just like raiding,wod was awsome,the raids were rly good and we werent forced in doing crap we dont like,legion was rly annoying for me,the ap grind was to much and i didnt get any good elegendery until tomb!

but bfa is proly worse in that regard,atleast legion felt better thematicaly
    RiP for you man. The AP grind for BOTH the HoA and Artifact's didn't feel too "annoying" for me, and I'm a casual ass player. Outside of that, I got all the BiS Legendaries before 7.2. Went to a point where I started getting all the non-Ret Legendaries instead, lmao.

WoD: Underdelivered, misguided and abandoned. You pretty much can't make a worse expansion.
    BfA at least wasn't abandoned.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

WoD hands down. Scrapped content, Everything bound to the garrison with little customization and made lore characters look weak except for blackhand.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How the hell is SL in this? And just for being nitpicky...Vanilla was not an x-pac.

But yeah..Cata for me

- - - Updated - - -

While WoD comes second to me after Cata...I wonder what y'all did at lv 60, 70 in Vanilla or TBC that kept you entertained if it wasn't raiding?

With all the hate BfA gets, at least you can progress your characters and alts in alternate ways.
    whatever expansion is currently in alpha/beta always gets dragged into this.
    BFA was accurately predicted to be a bad expansion in the post-legion poll.