Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why is the author focusing on Flynn x Shaw so much? Are Alleria and Turalyon not interesting enough as Alliance protagonists? Can't they carry the Alliance storyline of this book? Why do the other Alliance characters need to have so much screentime.
    Well it's not that the alliance is clearly more interested in the Kaldorei than in either of those two couples.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How many times does Thrall have to come back and save everyone before he can finally retire.
    As many times as it takes until the horde he built stops being genocidal monsters. As saurfang said he doesn’t get to hide it that means he sticks with the horde to keep them in check until he dies that’s his duty for being the one who built it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Don't forget Thrall specifically chose Garrosh as his successor because of the war Varian declared on the Horde. Thrall knew the Horde needed a Warchief that knew how to fight a war as opposed to his own diplomatic ways.

Knowing that it's absolutely nuts to afterwards take zero responsibility for the path Thrall chose. If he could do better he could've done so himself, he chickened out and then when shit hits the fan he blames someone else. He's unfit to rule anything with that mentality. Just constantly running away from things.
    So he's unfit to rule and when he doesn't he's blamed for not ruling?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    So, Talanji's idea of asking the Horde for help was to invite Rokhan to Zuldazar
    As long as Rokhan gets some action with her, im cool
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the author focusing on Flynn x Shaw so much? Are Alleria and Turalyon not interesting enough as Alliance protagonists? Can't they carry the Alliance storyline of this book? Why do the other Alliance characters need to have so much screentime.
    No, because Turalyon and Alleria are trash characters and they should never have returned.

There are thoughts of Alleria in which she admits that she has no idea what to do with Turalyon. Might be a thinly disguised commentary by Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Don't forget Thrall specifically chose Garrosh as his successor because of the war Varian declared on the Horde. Thrall knew the Horde needed a Warchief that knew how to fight a war as opposed to his own diplomatic ways.

Knowing that it's absolutely nuts to afterwards take zero responsibility for the path Thrall chose. If he could do better he could've done so himself, he chickened out and then when shit hits the fan he blames someone else. He's unfit to rule anything with that mentality. Just constantly running away from things.
    Ya at the very least he could have tried to have the other leaders back garrosh up as he needed help to deal with all the pressure or atleast check in on garrosh every once in a while to see if he could help. Instead he hangs out with his stupid family letting garrosh unravel as his should be advisors all turn on him and even blames garrosh for something as stupid as Carines death.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    As long as Rokhan gets some action with her, im cool
    Talanji oughta have a harem. Rokhan, Zekhan, Bladeguard Kaja, and General Rakera.

Nice big Poly pile of trolls.
    Twas brillig

I'm glad they did Shaw/Flynn. Now they have a reason to keep my favorite pirate around and not stuck in BFA forever. There were a lot of important tidbits in the book but nothing especially surprising. Hopefully the prepatch event will help smooth out some of the rougher edges and plot lines for Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Talanji oughta have a harem. Rokhan, Zekhan, Bladeguard Kaja, and General Rakera.

Nice big Poly pile of trolls.
    Oh no. Kaja and Rakeera are a thing on their own!
    Zekhan's too green for her I think
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Zekhan x Talanji didn't happen right?

About 2/3 in... Just a quickie, because I'm using an audio book (I'm ok with the voice) and I nearly fell asleep during the Flynn/Shaw part.

After the Alliance lands in Zandalar, they are fund first by Widow's Bite, who retreat, and then by Zandalari Trolls loyal to Talanji. It looks like there's going to be a fight, but Shaw surrenders and is captured, while the rest of the Alliance forces, including Flynn, escape. Flynn is very sad about this and if I got it right, Flynn had a very secret story about his mother (she was hanged or something when he was young) that he only ever told Shaw.

I might be wrong on this, because I was sleepy and I wasn't that interested by the story to begin with, so I may have mixed something up.

Anyway - Shaw is captured, that's 100%.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-07-14 at 05:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    About 2/3 in... Just a quickie, because I'm using an audio book (I'm ok with the voice) and I nearly fell asleep during the Flynn/Shaw part.

After the Alliance lands in Zandalar, they are fund first by Widow's Bite, who retreat, and then by Zandalari Trolls loyal to Talanji. It looks like there's going to be a fight, but Shaw surrenders and is captured, while the rest of the Alliance forces, including Flynn, escape. Flynn is very sad about this and if I got it right, Flynn had a very secret story about his mother (she was hanged or something when he was young) that he only ever told Shaw.

I might be wrong on this, because I was sleepy, I wasn't that interested by the story and I may have mixed something up.

Anyway - Shaw is captured, that's 100%.
    I can picture Talanji not being happy with the Alliance showing up again

Oh no. Kaja and Rakeera are a thing on their own!
    Zekhan's too green for her I think
    Rokhan is my go-to for Talanji. Zekhan only has those boytoy vibes even though they're around the same age.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I can picture Talanji not being happy with the Alliance showing up again
    That was the whole point of sending Shaw/Flynn and not Turalyon/Alleria (with a larger force) - Anduin hoped that a smaller group with his spy master will have a higher chance of not being noticed and even if they are, it will be easier to explain it as anything other than an act of agression.

Also someone asked why they're inserting so much Flynn/Shaw - they aren't. So far there were 2 fairly small chapters.

7+ Year Old Account
    That was the whole point of sending Shaw/Flynn and not Turalyon/Alleria (with a larger force) - Anduin hoped that a smaller group with his spy master will have a higher chance of not being noticed and even if they are, it will be easier to explain it as anything other than an act of agression.

Also someone asked why they're inserting so much Flynn/Shaw - they aren't. So far there were 2 fairly small chapters.
    "Don't worry, this isn't an invasion. Just my master spy traversing your lands. Chill"

Interesting that it picks up with Nathanos and Sira talking about a mission to Dragonblight, which won't happen in prepatch (as it takes place after the cinematic) and so far hasn't been covered in any other materials. Set up for a video thing or foreshadowing for something in Dragonblight later on (Galakrond?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Don't worry, this isn't an invasion. Just my master spy traversing your lands. Chill"
    I'm pretty sure Shaw probably isn't known to many, he keeps a low profile as befits a spymaster. He might have real trouble if nabbed by someone high up in the ranks of Zandalar, but random guards or soldiers will probably not recognize him on sight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i’m ready to get a lot of flack for this and folks who aren’t happy but here goes: i’m a 14 year wow player and i’m gay and this representation is really making me feel happy. it’s doing the good thing. I know it may not seem important, but this is really huge for me in regards to this game. I had always wondered if all my characters in azeroth were welcome as who they were-this is making me really happy. so please, I know it seems like a “distraction” or “side quest” but it’s really huge for some people. please let us be happy about this, too!
    My stance on the topic of representation is that I wouldn't want too much of the plot to revolve around romance, be it homosesual, heterosexual or whatever. That's just not what Warcraft is to me. In other words - as long as it's a side quest, I personally don't care, but... if having a side quest like that makes you or people like you happy then well, I'm happy for you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm pretty sure Shaw probably isn't known to many, he keeps a low profile as befits a spymaster. He might have real trouble if nabbed by someone high up in the ranks of Zandalar, but random guards or soldiers will probably not recognize him on sight.
    A valid argument. However anyone in Zandalar sporting alliance colors wouldn't be welcome