Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WTF is happening in US?

Y'all had a peak of 72k of coronavirus few days ago and it ain't going down. Last time I checked it was 25-50k during lockdown

Can someone tell me wtf is going on? I don't follow news often, did POTUS ease the lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    President lifted stay-at-home orders early for “the sake of the economy” and people started acting like COVID-19 is over... then you have your “It’s my god-given right as an American to not wear a mask!” people.

Stupid.
    Jesus christ wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    President lifted stay-at-home orders early for “the sake of the economy” and people started acting like COVID-19 is over... then you have your “It’s my god-given right as an American to not wear a mask!” people.

Stupid.
    I dunno about your state, but in Michigan the governor controls stay-at-home orders.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Darwin says hi. The US IQ average will be 20 points up this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by waitwhatt View Post
    Jesus christ wtf
    It gets worse. Apparently who you vote for and what party the person talking is suddenly has become a merit for scientific understanding of biology. Then if the other side says something you automatically have to oppose it. Even it is the dumbest thing you could possibly do. That is exactly where it all is here right now. Probably deserve what we are getting even if half of them are pretending like nothing is happening at all.

Glad we are keeping our borders closed to the US for at least another 30 days, guess Trump isn't too happy about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Glad we are keeping our borders closed to the US for at least another 30 days, guess Trump isn't too happy about it lol.
    At this rate it will be closed for the rest of the year lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decades of conservatives defunding schools and denying science is biting us in the ass.

Oh and our bullshit healthcare system.

But at least we haven't fallen to communism like all you Canadians, and British, and French, and Swedish, and Norwegian, and Belgian, and German, with your bolshevik "universal" healthcare.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Darwin says hi. The US IQ average will be 20 points up this fall.
    IQ has nothing to do with this, a lot of people have no choice but to go out and work.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    At this rate it will be closed for the rest of the year lol.
    Ya, it sucks to be them lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Decades of conservatives defunding schools and denying science is biting us in the ass.

Oh and our bullshit healthcare system.

But at least we haven't fallen to communism like all you Canadians, and British, and French, and Swedish, and Norwegian, and Belgian, and German, with your bolshevik "universal" healthcare.
    I can't tell if you are being serious or not. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I can't tell if you are being serious or not. :/
    He's being sarcastic. But yeah it's hard to tell these days because there are plenty of Americans that will say stuff like that and mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya, it sucks to be them lol
    I have couple friends in the US, one in Florida, shes not doing too well moral wise. Im not too sure how this mess is solved anytime soon. Im glad to be this side of the border where things reopened pretty smooth. Went to the water park, everyone followed orders, limited tickets every day. I mean the lack of US tourrist could hurt, but at the same time our own people being forced to be local tourrist more is probably countering it. Time like these you appreciate having such a big open country.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    IQ has nothing to do with this, a lot of people have no choice but to go out and work.
    Most educated people can work from home using a computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    He's being sarcastic. But yeah it's hard to tell these days because there are plenty of Americans that will say stuff like that and mean it.
    Oh good. And yeah, Americans actually saying those things is what made my sarcasm detector confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Some is alot of protests that you cant tell who do... because its proven those protest only reduce the numbers even if they are alot in the same place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    What is possible does not matter, what companies want is all that matters in the US. and being educated is not the same as being iintelligent. And with how most it costs to go college in the US it really is a meaningless method to judge how smart somebody is on.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-07-14 at 09:55 PM.

Thats a pretty big lie sadly, unless we count pencil pushers and sales people as the only educated people. Medical feilds, Construction, industrial all the way to engenerring need massive amount of people not at home. Thats most of your educated work force right there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Um, yes the lucky people do have jobs that can be done from home. The majority of people in the US do not have that luxury. ESPECIALLY lower income people that need to work to survive.

Luckily for Swedish people somehow we can afford people staying at home doing nothing and still pay them.