Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Well, they literally said:

"Thanks for all of the detailed feedback! While there are still some planned changes coming for Warlock, we’ve made a few recently that you should be seeing in the Alpha:"

So expect more changes.

The interrupt is a great new.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    At least Axe Toss now interrupts stun immune targets.
    I'm not a main Warlock player but I enjoy Demo, just having no interrupt felt like ass but now I might actually consider it in SL.
    I find that 90% of the time the stuff you really need to interrupt isn't stun immune tho. And the stuff that is is usually covered by melee/tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I find that 90% of the time the stuff you really need to interrupt isn't stun immune tho. And the stuff that is is usually covered by melee/tank.
    true to an extent but the fact that as a demo i felt nearly excluded from higher shrine of storm keys not due to player elitism but due to my own sense of being a liability to the group over my lack of an interrupt required on 3 of the 4 bosses and a significant amount of the trash, this is very much a situation where it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still think they should just make Call Felhunter baseline and call it a day.

Why this clusmy 'fix' when there's the obvious solution?

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think both classes could have it since warlock and DK shared death coil forever until they renamed it mortal coil. Just give it back and call in "Inner Demon" or " Demon Within". Not too hard to do.
    There is always "Demon butler" option in case there will be no changes :P
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I hate it’s play style now and that’s the rub. I don’t care if it was #1 dps and my imps we’re #2; babysitting a dozen tiny worthless summons is not fun for me. We aren’t necromancers

I’d rather have one super beefy demon than 15 baby demons.

I played demo lock from vanilla to legion, but could not stand the change to demon so went to dh

If they ever fix demo so it isn’t babysitting imp and dog armies I’d come back to it
    This guy gets it.
    Last edited by ff50dccd-a222-42f3-a786; 2020-07-14 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    come on how hard is it to make a demon form that doesn't scream I'M ILLIDAN and give it back to Demo?

Just call it Fel Ascension, make your character sprout wings and horns, add some green fire and give us back Demo the way it was meant to be played.

Current Demo will never be a good or fun spec. It is fundamentally dogshit and will always remain so.
    1. It's not hard at all, because the Meta form that was stolen from us looks nothing like Illidan. I mean, the closest it comes to Illidan is the fact that, if you are using the green fire, the demon has tattoos like Illidan has, but the arrangements are not the same at all. The horns are different, the face resembles a Nathrezim Dreadlord, hell, the entire demon is as indistinguishable from an Illidari demon, either form, as a felguard and a wrathguard are from a dreadlord or a doomguard. It's already in game. It's not like we have it, and now Demon Hunters stole it from us. It's a different form, entirely. Kanrethad!!! Show us the way, again!!

2. Green fire is a quest chain. Leave that detail alone. I spent a shitload of time farming that fucking tome just so it can be invalidated now. I know I'm not to only on who spent a lot of time and/or money to get it, either.

3. i can see what they're trying to do, and, you're absolutely right. They screwed up. A mark of a good play is when you don't outright remove things for arbitrary or in this case a contrary reason, and we've seen it at BlizzCon, either in person or on the screen, the team comes up with a revolutionary hacking off what they foolishly call "button bloat" until the character can be played with two buttons, do a happy dance like what they did was a good thing, and then wonder why they get the boos they do.

I personally think this "level squish" is stupid, as well. There are better ways to limit character power acquisition, and one of those said ways of doing it is to change the item level scale to a linear increasing line as opposed to an exponential positive increasing curve. What that would mean is, top end gear for the highest tier at the end of the expansion would be functional at least into the first raid of the next expansion before finally being overtaken by the current gear, but who cares? Remember the shit plate classes went through in Icecrown Citadel in order to craft a Shadowmourne, only so it can be replaced in a single level by a green uncommon weapon? Seems like quite the kick in the balls, I think. Shadowmourne would have been a fitting weapon to take out Cho'gall with, at least, but no... Numbers are relative, I'll give you that much. But when you're used to working with 5, 6 and 7 digit numbers, and suddenly you find yourself dealing with struggling to break 3 digits, that's an issue. What issue, exactly? A lot of reworking of existing game information in order to streamline millions of different categories. It is reinventing the wheel. The Legion one was a two scale problem. The one I just outlined, and the compounding insult to injury we received when not only were we numerically doing shit damage, when before, we were gods, but the fact that we were stripped of a significant borrowed power at the same time.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    1. It's not hard at all, because the Meta form that was stolen from us looks nothing like Illidan. I mean, the closest it comes to Illidan is the fact that, if you are using the green fire, the demon has tattoos like Illidan has, but the arrangements are not the same at all. The horns are different, the face resembles a Nathrezim Dreadlord, hell, the entire demon is as indistinguishable from an Illidari demon, either form, as a felguard and a wrathguard are from a dreadlord or a doomguard. It's already in game. It's not like we have it, and now Demon Hunters stole it from us. It's a different form, entirely. Kanrethad!!! Show us the way, again!!
    What's this sniveling crap? That demon form is a remake of stock Demon Hunter's hero Meta from Warcraft III, which was exactly that minus the polish.

"Dey stole it from usss". That thing was theirs to begin with, we somehow got this shit tacked on in WoTLK for absolutely retarded reasons. They just made Death Knights and gave them back Death Coil and as if they completely did not learn any lesson from that they went on and made another problem down the road with giving Meta to locks (wtf).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What's this sniveling crap? That demon form is a remake of stock Demon Hunter's hero Meta from Warcraft III, which was exactly that minus the polish.

"Dey stole it from usss". That thing was theirs to begin with, we somehow got this shit tacked on in WoTLK for absolutely retarded reasons. They just made Death Knights and gave them back Death Coil and as if they completely did not learn any lesson from that they went on and made another problem down the road with giving Meta to locks (wtf).
    I can't really rely on the notion that people actually know this game for its lore and just expect that this is something that is not just common knowledge to the player base. You are wrong on both counts. Because I can't count on you to do the research, i've taken the time to do it myself just to show, you're wrong, and what you think needs a reevaluation.

1. Demon Hunters learn that ability from their leader AFTER he consumed the knowledge from the empowered skull of..... a Warlock. And not just any warlock.... one that was far more powerful at the time than we could have ever hoped to be. It was not some latent ability that sprang up through focusing using the Skull of Gul'dan, it was learned directly from Gul'dan's knowledge. It belonged to warlocks first. End of story.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Skull_of_Gul%27dan

I want to highlight something here that puts a little more authority behind what I have said here, since there are some more disingenuous people who might suggest that demon hunters have the gift without the skull of Gul'dan, it's just a matter of figuring it out and they don't need a warlock's help for it. Well it wasn't the case for the first one, and the one who ultimately teaches the others how it works.

"The skull was used by the Burning Legion to corrupt the forests of Ashenvale and Felwood. The Skull also augmented the powers of Tichondrius. The skull's powers were eventually consumed by Illidan Stormrage who, upon absorbing its power, became half night elf and half demon. With his newfound power, he struck a major blow to the Legion by killing Tichondrius. Illidan retained memories of the Tomb of Sargeras from Gul'dan, which he used in tandem with his own knowledge of Suramar to find the Eye of Sargeras."

The skull was powerful enough it could corrupt the forests of Ashenvale and the Felwood, AND it augmented the powers of Tichondrius. I guess it's refreshing to think that Tichodrius actually WAS a dread lord, and not some wannabe demon hunter posing as a dread lord, but that's beside the point. It goes on to mention that the skull's powers were eventually consumed by Illidan Stormrage who, upon absorbing its power, BECAME half night elf and half demon, which confirms what I said before. Never was it in his ability to do prior to that event. With his new found power... wait, new found??? What, so he wasn't always able to do this.... check. Illidan retained memories of the Tomb of Sargeras..... so how much should we bet that wasn't the only memories Illidan was able to access?

2. Who made who? In WC2, it was WARLOCKS that made the first death knights. Hell, let's go two for two, here. The very first Lich King was a..... Death Knight? No, that's right, he was a WARLOCK!!! The first death knight made from Ner'Zhul was Arthas. Leave a cursed sword behind, and once the foolish prince touches it, Ner'zhul changes him. I promise you, if Frostmourne could not have been used for that purpose, it would have been given to him later. Frostmourne did not create Arthas. Let's go back to WC2 a second. What exactly was a death knight back then? Well, according to Gamepedia... I'll link it and go from there...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_Knight_(Warcraft_II)

"These soldiers of darkness were created by Gul'dan to replace the slaughtered Warlock clans. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First War, these abominations were then instilled with the ethereal essence of the Shadow Council. Further empowered with magical energies culled from the slain Necrolytes, the Death Knights wield an arsenal of necromantic and elemental spells that mete out all but certain death to the enemies of the Horde."

So... Created by Gul'dan, who at the time was a full blown Warlock, to replace slaughtered Warlock clans?? "Yeah, because Death Knights > Warlocks. HA!!!" Well, not exactly. Assembled from the corpses of the Knights of Azeroth slain in the last battles of the First war (ok, so, we knew they were human corpses used, so, no huge surprise there), these abominations (because they are reanimated corpses, no doubt) were then instilled with the ethereal essence of the Shadow Council. And what was the Shadow Council? A council of death knights? NOPE!!! If you said Warlocks, like the article suggested in the first sentence, you would be right. Further empowered with magical energies culled from the slain necrolytes... so, the warlocks themselves, the Death Knights wield powers that are necromantic in nature, not unlike what warlocks were considered back in WC2 times, when concepts like Shadow and void were still in the process of discovery, and elemental in nature?? ?Wait, why would they be elemental in nature? Well, because every last god damned warlock orc in the first war started out as....a shaman. Look it up if you think I'm lying, but when you do, remember that you heard it here, first.

But Arthas wasn't created like the other Death Knights were.... No, that version of Ner'zhul was FAR more powerful than the one in WC2. His reach was unimaginable, now that he possessed the ability to extend his influence to the undead of Azeroth, no matter where they were on the planet. But let's take a look into Arthas a minute...

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arthas_Menethil

Let's play a game of "This was your life". Hey Arthas, remember this part of your life?

"Mal'Ganis told him that the voice he was now hearing was that of the Lich King. However, Arthas replied that voice was instructing him to destroy Mal'Ganis, much to the dreadlord's surprise. After slaying the dreadlord, Arthas fled into the frozen north, leaving his troops to fend for themselves. Arthas soon lost the last remnants of his sanity."

Well, I can name this tune in 2 notes. This is the end of the Human Campaign circa WC3. Arthas defeats Mal'ganis. We learn in Wrath of the Lich King that Mal'ganis was not dead, but, it was convincing enough, the rest of us were sure he was dead. And then it says it right in the Epilogue, before the ending cinematic, "After slaying the dreadlord, Arthas fled into the frozen north, leaving his troops to fend for themselves. Arthas soon lost the last remnants of his sanity." When we see him in the epilogue, his hair is white, his face is ashen, and he's wearing a suit of saronite plate armor. Aside of all other things, the saronite armor didn't just conjure itself out of nowhere. Where was he in between taking down Mal'Ganis, and his return to Lordaeron? Well, it said he fled to the north, and what's to the North? Icecrown. The Frozen Throne. Frostmourne had already stolen his soul, exactly as it was supposed to do. Half the equation needed to make a death knight is already done. The other part.... Arthas needed to physically die. Once that was done, Ner'zhul could take it from there, and complete the death knight infusion without anyone's help, and make a death knight more powerful than any other ever made. If this didn't happen, and it was all just Frostmourne, Arthas would have no master. He does, though. He is the champion of the Lich King, and that is said countlessly throughout the undead campaign by the dreadlords, in particular, Tichondrius, Kel'thuzad, even Arthas himself had mentioned that. Hell, the entire premise of the Frozen throne campaign where you take control of Arthas is one that repeats and unsubtley implies that, and is further acknowledged by Anub'arak, Illidan and Kael'thas, Ner'zhul himself.... it wasn't frostmourne that did all the work. Just the part involving stealing the soul of Arthas. the rest, and most important aspects... all Ner'zhul.

So... metamorphosis and death coil are both stolen powers from warlocks. Period. Don't like it? Tough shit. It's Blizzard's game, that's how they wrote it all up. If you think I am somehow being disingenuous, twisting words around, or even lying outright, which I can assure you, I am not, go ahead, but your opinion is measurably and objectively wrong here. Checkmate. Please lay down your king.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    You can conjure headcanons all you like but the only real fact is that Metamorphosis was always an iconic Demon Hunter ability all he way since Warcraft 3. It's literally what makes Demon Hunters exactly that.

It does not matter how they got it and where, reality is that the ones who did this first and foremost were Demon Hunters until that crapshot with Kanrethad that is all but scrapped now.

Tough shit? Lawl. You say that as if locks have Meta, which they don't. Guess what - tough shit @you.

@Gaidax Were you always this belligerent? I remember our convos having more objectivity and less vitriol. Also I know that you've known for years that demonhunters entire shtick is fighting fire with fire, in this case fighting the legions warlocks and demons with their own magics. So I don't quite get this hostility and pretending otherwise when I know you know better. Its well established that abuse of fel magics causes the user to develop demonic features which is what ultimately leads to the whole illidan aesthetic. Lore wise it makes absolutely no sense that warlocks aren't scaley with horns and hooves and different color skin and glowing eyes and all that.

I'd be all for bringing back a meta-like mechanic and rebuilding the spec around the way it used to be as I feel the legion overhaul has been a failure and is generally very anti-warlock thematically. Reality is locks are never getting the actual visual of meta back, just is what it is, but there's no reason they can't bring back that mechanic and give warlocks their own aesthetic for it.

I have no expectations of that ever happening though, they're just going to keep making all of our specs step super hard on each others toes for the foreseeable future so... yay...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Gaidax Were you always this belligerent? I remember our convos having more objectivity and less vitriol. Also I know that you've known for years that demonhunters entire shtick is fighting fire with fire, in this case fighting the legions warlocks and demons with their own magics. So I don't quite get this hostility and pretending otherwise when I know you know better. Its well established that abuse of fel magics causes the user to develop demonic features which is what ultimately leads to the whole illidan aesthetic. Lore wise it makes absolutely no sense that warlocks aren't scaley with horns and hooves and different color skin and glowing eyes and all that.

I'd be all for bringing back a meta-like mechanic and rebuilding the spec around the way it used to be as I feel the legion overhaul has been a failure and is generally very anti-warlock thematically. Reality is locks are never getting the actual visual of meta back, just is what it is, but there's no reason they can't bring back that mechanic and give warlocks their own aesthetic for it.

I have no expectations of that ever happening though, they're just going to keep making all of our specs step super hard on each others toes for the foreseeable future so... yay...
    How exactly is commanding a legion of demons anti-warlock? That's one of the biggest points of being a warlock, compelling demons to serve you. And other than target switching, which I admit is a total pain, how is it a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    How exactly is commanding a legion of demons anti-warlock? That's one of the biggest points of being a warlock, compelling demons to serve you.
    Its a spec about summoning and empowering demons, which is the polar opposite of what a warlock would do. Warlocks are selfish and self empowering, they would sooner sacrifice a demon to empower themselves or attack an enemy (something like implosion) than give away their power.

That's what I find thematically off about it.

And other than target switching, which I admit is a total pain, how is it a failure?
    So prior to legion each of the specs had clear defined niches, you'd look at an encounter and quickly know which of the 3 was most suited to it.

With the legion overhaul they made all 3 specs step super hard on each others toes fairly consistently competing for the same niche. I even made a long feedback post stating as much in regards to aff and demo during legion that a dev replied to agreeing with... only for them to continue the exact same pattern.

This new demonology has yet to find its niche, mechanically its just a worse dot spec than aff since demons are just dots. Thematically it tickles the fancy of someone who wants to be a dark summoner, but mechanically its basically served no purpose in the game. They could remove the spec tomorrow and it wouldn't really change anything about what warlocks are capable of. That wasn't true at all pre-legion.

Hence I find it a failure of a rework.

10+ Year Old Account

I think there is a sizeable gap between what some people have in their heads and the actual reality and it's worth calling that out. Reality is that Metamorphosis is first and foremost an iconic Demon Hunter thing for 19 years now - it is literally what makes Demon Hunters that.

Warlocks, on the other hand, are bad guys fighting quick and dirty with just about every magical hack they can put their claws on, including potentially Metamorphosis. That's a thing that totally can be understood - this can happen, but to say that Demon Hunters "stole" Metamorphosis? That's bullshit of hilarious magnitude.

Other than that, I think it's about time some people start accepting said fact that Metamorphosis is not going to be back for Warlocks - all in all it was a borrowed power that returned to its iconic owners.

In my opinion Legion was a great expansion for the game as a whole, but its "class identity" push did a fair bit of damage to warlocks indeed. My pet peeve is marrying Warlocks forever to their demon pets, so that no matter what you do and how you spec - you will end up with imp, felhunter or felguard.

I do think that Demonology redesign was needed and it's good this spec became a true summoner spec, which is something WoW did not really have before. The main issue with it is, of course, imps and lack of decent raid trick that pulls it down. Its gameplay is actually pretty nice, but it could use having more imposing demons under its command and in more spectacular ways that just summoning some guardian. For example Death Knight's Frost Drake cd thing is a perfect example how a frikkin' imposing summon can be introduced that is both awesome, but also plausible. Blizz could totally have something similar with Pit Lords, for example.

All in all current demo is 90% there, it just needs some raid-friendly niche and a bump in visuals. Certainly does not need to revert to meta - that ship has sailed and good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a spec about summoning and empowering demons, which is the polar opposite of what a warlock would do. Warlocks are selfish and self empowering, they would sooner sacrifice a demon to empower themselves or attack an enemy (something like implosion) than give away their power.

That's what I find thematically off about it.
    They don't give away their power though. The only empowering is through the Demonic Tyrant. These summonings are rather selfish too, do you think demons want to serve? No, they're basically slaves to the warlock, doing most of the work for you and giving their immortal souls to you as a snack to cast more Demonbolts. And you're right about Implosion. The problem is there's no real payoff for it without Explosive Potential as the damage isn't that great for it.

So prior to legion each of the specs had clear defined niches, you'd look at an encounter and quickly know which of the 3 was most suited to it.

With the legion overhaul they made all 3 specs step super hard on each others toes fairly consistently competing for the same niche. I even made a long feedback post stating as much in regards to aff and demo during legion that a dev replied to agreeing with... only for them to continue the exact same pattern.

This new demonology has yet to find its niche, mechanically its just a worse dot spec than aff since demons are just dots. Thematically it tickles the fancy of someone who wants to be a dark summoner, but mechanically its basically served no purpose in the game. They could remove the spec tomorrow and it wouldn't really change anything about what warlocks are capable of. That wasn't true at all pre-legion.

Hence I find it a failure of a rework.
    I guess I can agree with this assessment but that would mean affliction a failure as well. Same could be said for many specs in the game. But generally I hold thematics and class fantasy over mechanics in what makes a spec. In that case I'd choose demo over affliction as the dot spec any day if I had too. Not that I would be opposed to having more unique mechanics spread around. Kinda why I might main shaman in SL as they moved back away from the generic Rage bar to something unique to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Reality is that Metamorphosis is first and foremost an iconic Demon Hunter thing for 19 years now - it is literally what makes Demon Hunters that.
    I don't know that I'd agree it makes demonhunters demonhunters, its just a thing they can do.

As far as the time goes, locks had meta for what.. 8 years? You can't use that argument for the one and hand waive the other. If someone had something for 8 years in a game and it was taken away and given to someone else then its absolutely something that was taken from them.

Other than that, I think it's about time some people start accepting said fact that Metamorphosis is not going to be back for Warlocks - all in all it was a borrowed power that returned to its iconic owners.
    Eh, people can want for things for the rest of time, especially something they had for 8 years. Demo wasn't exactly my favorite spec but I'd still take pre-legion demo over post legion demo any day.

That's true of the entire class though, and most of the game. Legion was one of the worst things that's happened to class design.

My pet peeve is marrying Warlocks forever to their demon pets, so that no matter what you do and how you spec - you will end up with imp, felhunter or felguard.
    I miss gosac so much, so so much.

I do think that Demonology redesign was needed and it's good this spec became a true summoner spec, which is something WoW did not really have before. The main issue with it is, of course, imps and lack of decent raid trick that pulls it down. Its gameplay is actually pretty nice, but it could use having more imposing demons under its command and in more spectacular ways that just summoning some guardian. For example Death Knight's Frost Drake cd thing is a perfect example how a frikkin' imposing summon can be introduced that is both awesome, but also plausible. Blizz could totally have something similar with Pit Lords, for example.

All in all current demo is 90% there, it just needs some raid-friendly niche and a bump in visuals. Certainly does not need to revert to meta - that ship has sailed and good riddance.
    I don't agree that the redesign was "needed", it was very much forced because blizzard doesn't want there to be that level of thematic overlap. There's really no reason that they couldn't both have had different versions of the spell, but that's not really what bothers me about the redesign personally.

I agree that they should be doing a lot more with demons and not limiting themselves to making them all dots. I remember when new demo first went up my immediate thought is they could pull from final fantasy tactics summoner for some inspiration amongst other things.

I don't agree at all that its 90% there, I think it still needs quite a bit of work. Part of which is to find its niche but part of which is to better suit the fantasy and mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    They don't give away their power though. The only empowering is through the Demonic Tyrant. These summonings are rather selfish too, do you think demons want to serve? No, they're basically slaves to the warlock, doing most of the work for you and giving their immortal souls to you as a snack to cast more Demonbolts. And you're right about Implosion. The problem is there's no real payoff for it without Explosive Potential as the damage isn't that great for it.

I guess I can agree with this assessment but that would mean affliction a failure as well. Same could be said for many specs in the game. But generally I hold thematics and class fantasy over mechanics in what makes a spec. In that case I'd choose demo over affliction as the dot spec any day if I had too. Not that I would be opposed to having more unique mechanics spread around. Kinda why I might main shaman in SL as they moved back away from the generic Rage bar to something unique to them.
    I really want to stick with my warlock, but I feel like they ruined the class with really poor designs in legion and just doubled down on those poor designs in BFA. It actually caused me to burn out and quit the game for the last 18~ish months I think its been so far?

Shadowlands looks like a repeat of the last 2 xpacs, Aff is getting the majority of the attention as far as reworking goes for some reason and demo / destro are barely getting any changes which is a huge problem for me because they haven't been decently designed since before legion and BFA just made it worse.

I dunno what I'm playing in shadowlands. I have a shortlist that I leveled to see if I can enjoy the base spec enough whenever open beta or the prepatch happen. Then I gotta hope I enjoy whatever shadowlands systems do to whatever I end up picking.

I really hope the class design ends up taking a large shift away from these last 2 going on 3 xpacs at some point. Not holding my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I still think they should just make Call Felhunter baseline and call it a day.

Why this clusmy 'fix' when there's the obvious solution?
    This !!!
    I don't understand why give a axe toss a interrupt efect if we already have a skill that interrupts... just remove it from pvp and make it baseline.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

The problem with warlocks is that they have not looked to iconic warlocks to rebuild the class like they did with Illidan with Demon Hunters.

Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras, Archimonde. So many sources to pull from. Gul'dan even metamorphosizes.

What's even more important to keep in mind is that two classes can share themes. Frost mage, frost death knight; demonhunter, warlock; shadow priest, warlock; paladin, priest.

You get the gist.

My main issue is that warlocks by far were the most pruned class by the end of BfA and they barely got unpruned. All they got were the worthless curses, and the real gameplay deficits from ripping out the artifacts were never resolved until they started reworking affliction.

But even then, I'm pretty annoyed at how utterly unfinished the warlock visual revamps are from WoD.

Soulfire still has the Cataclysm animation. Not green fire. Demonbolt looks completely half assed, and doesn't work with green fire.

Felguard felstorm not updated to share warrior bladestorm animation, looks hella dated. Wrathguard lost dual wield, and never got it back.

Lost fiery embers aura as we had more embers (aka shards), never got it back.

So much pruning, but none of the essential back.

They gave drain life an awesome new animation, and then made it totally irrelevant outside a talent. It's not even worth casting for self healing anymore since the healing is completely pitiful alongside its damage.

Drain Soul does not have the more modern malefic grasp animation. It's old as shit. Meanwhile, they're making 4 "pick your color blob" covenant abilities instead of updating outdated class skills.

Demonology has a ton of demons from legion to draw from: jailors, fel lords, shivarra, ur'zhul. Now we lost the updated doomguard, got the useless curse of doom back as the small chance to get the doomguard back, and our only source for cooler demons is a rare proc from inner demons or nether portal.

Quite frankly, they should replace implosion and make bilescourge bomb baseline. Buff the aoe damage of hand of gul'dan to fill in the gaps.

Dreadstalkers should be instant cast. Less damage put into the damn imps. More satisfying nukes. Better target switching. None of that addressed.

Survivability nerfed after legion but our mobility is still garbage. At the very least baseline soul link for all the specs.

REVERT THE 6 SECOND SUMMON CAST OR MAKE IT PVP ONLY. ASSHOLES, YOU MAKE A NEW ABILITY TO COMPENSATE FOR A NEEDLESS DEFICIT YOU ARE CREATING, BUT WON'T EVEN BOTHER MAKING ACTUAL NEW SKILLS TO REPLACE BASELINED TALENTS?
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2020-07-19 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol some people think doom is bugged because as far as i am aware no1 has provided any proof it actualy does work LOL (it proly does but its never happening in a realistic enviroment....its a meme spell and blizzard knows it)

- - - Updated - - -

meta never made sense for locks,i get it was fun,just play demon hunter
    Remember the green fire quest? Or the warlocks in HFC? It made sense until that point and then it made zero sense when demon hunters were introduced...

Demo (till legion) was my main from day 1, now it's just a bank alt sitting in SW.