10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to play again for the first time in maybe a month, got exotic chest on the very first targeted loot location I completed :P

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    @Coldkil Thought you might enjoy this build. Seems like it would be a LOT of fun to play.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...lay_and_build/
    I am doing one simpler to use with the Striker set. No Ninja Bike, same Firewall specialization and Matador backpack. Reasoning: Striker backpack is negligible bonus (while chest is mandatory), and the fixed the set so each shot gives you one stack per pellet.

Anyway it's the same idea. Tsunami shotgun and gogo chainkill people. Also easier to roll. I think that build will perform better, but it's gonna be a very good training for the playstyle.

About the FB: it was 3 pieces and not just 2. What i meant was about getting the first 2 set bonuses for survivability and then go full offensive. What i'm sad is that i could go the skill damage route but going full crit is just better. Though there's a way to pack the 60% skill dmg from all pieces and pack enough crit chance.

EDIT: must give a shoutout to my clanmates. I had the League yet to finish and Hollywood event yet to start, and they gave me a hand. Basically with yesterday night the league is finished and Hollywood nearly done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah, having total random rolls is just bad because the most important pieces (chest and backpack) are nearly impossible to roll good, even with recalibration. Agree with the standpoint that godrolls is not mandatory but we're all farming for that, otherwise i could stop playing.

The old optimization station just looks the right thing to add to the game right now. It just needs to be so it's just not worth using it for gear with bad/low rolls, but if i have something with all 60%+ and all the right stats, i can slowly farm to make it a god roll.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-13 at 08:52 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Man.... got a Dodge City Holster and a Diamondback from my exotic caches(weekly and hollywood). So lame. Good roles, but shit exotics.

Bullet King continues to evade me.

Oh right, exotic caches! If I get one more Chameleon I'm about to riot...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh right, exotic caches! If I get one more Chameleon I'm about to riot...
    They do seem to drop way too often...

Good news! It wasn't a Chameleon.

Bad news, it was another Liberty.

And apparently I need to start playing regularly again because I think I just ran out of polycarbonate to turn in for the weekly. At least the weekly exotic caches are good for burning through some resources, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. Same here. Used to be capped on everything, now I’m starting to deplete most.

Man.... got a Dodge City Holster and a Diamondback from my exotic caches(weekly and hollywood). So lame. Good roles, but shit exotics.

Bullet King continues to evade me.
    I'm hunting for a Diamondback for my full red build. It's awesome if you manage to get a good rolled one so you can stack weapon handling everywhere. The holster, i have already a godroll one and i need to farm gear for the Mantis build.

- - - Updated - - -

Good news! It wasn't a Chameleon.

Bad news, it was another Liberty.
    Liberty with the damage buff is another good Weapon to use. Though it's a pistol with all the drawbacks.

EDIT: so, i managed to finish everything i had in queue, season included. I go a Vile that i managed to reroll to a good 9.4% status.

Right now, i'm trying a Chem/Hive eclipse build and while clunky (because they cannot rework the chem ffs) it literally melts stuff. Not exactly solo friendly but Vile is the thing you definitely want. I am gonna try some variants, namely going tech instead of firewall or dropping the hive for the firewall shield and harmony rifle because free 40% skill dmg (afaik you can use chem with shield out, rifle is a nor brainer, and you can also use the flamethrower; plus you get also increased dmg ahead of you).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-14 at 09:04 AM.

Go skill damage and status effects. Tech. I prefer explosive seeker over hive. And chems because OP.

Sidenote,

Aside from perfect chainkiller what should I slot in for Aces build?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkobi View Post
    Go skill damage and status effects. Tech. I prefer explosive seeker over hive. And chems because OP.

Sidenote,

Aside from perfect chainkiller what should I slot in for Aces build?
    I haven't made a MMR set yet, but my best guess would be Airaldi Holdings Backpack (10% MMR damage) with Vigilance (25% damage while not hit), Composure (15% damage while in cover) or Concussion (10% damage on headshots, 15% on headshot kills). Anyone know if the Concussion talent is two separate buffs, meaning it would stack to 25%?

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I haven't made a MMR set yet, but my best guess would be Airaldi Holdings Backpack (10% MMR damage) with Vigilance (25% damage while not hit), Composure (15% damage while in cover) or Concussion (10% damage on headshots, 15% on headshot kills). Anyone know if the Concussion talent is two separate buffs, meaning it would stack to 25%?
    I've been meaning to revisit the MMR build using aces. But I know absolutely nothing about MMRs other than I mostly despise the bolt-action rifles. Headhunting is so fucking hard in this game with the way NPCs move. And don't get me started on warhounds.

Is there a MMR build that relies more on rate of fire than on chasing headshots? Or is that just the nature of the weapon class?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkobi View Post
    Yeah, that's my setup - point was that Vile is super strong. Tech is nice for all the usual bonuses plus the free skill tier, but Firewall has that sweet sweet 30% burn duration which is an awful lot. I'm in the progress of testing if the Firewall shield damage bonus also applies to skills cause you can defo use Chem with it up, and swap fast to your weapon of choice like Harmony or Pyro (Harmony works and the burn does increased dmg when you shoot).

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a MMR build that relies more on rate of fire than on chasing headshots? Or is that just the nature of the weapon class?
    You can stack immense amounts of headshot damage, and the Headhunter talent (named WH&Co chest has perfect version) it just way too sweet. Given you can go full red and stack all headshot+handling for better aim/faster reload it's a really efficient build.

And if you got a good rolled Mantis you can abuse decoy.

I've been meaning to revisit the MMR build using aces. But I know absolutely nothing about MMRs other than I mostly despise the bolt-action rifles. Headhunting is so fucking hard in this game with the way NPCs move. And don't get me started on warhounds.

It's the nature of the weapon class. The enhanced core attribute is headshot damage. Though there is a high mag/rpm MMR, SOCOM Mk20 and it's named version The Darkness (Perfect Eyeless).
    Last edited by Woogs; 2020-07-14 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    It's the nature of the weapon class. The enhanced core attribute is headshot damage. Though there is a high mag/rpm MMR, SOCOM Mk20 and it's named version The Darkness (Perfect Eyeless).
    Hmm...I'll give it a try.

It may turn out that the headshot/MMR style of play just isn't for me. I'm so much more of a center-of-mass player, focusing on raw, brutal damage to overpower NPCs rather than precision. I think that's why I like the vector/negotiator gameplay so much.

Any suggestions for builds? The last time I tried this I think I went with A&8 and used the First Blood talent with a bolt action. That was a trainwreck failure, let me tell you.

Man...I've been using my sniper build without headhunter on my chest and now I'm kinda wanting to test it out. But at the same time I really don't want to lose unbreakable. Not having it with A&E set really sucked as it's my safety net for, "I do dumb shit often and need a get outta jail free card", but at the same time I'm missing out on a ton of damage with that chest talent.

@SirCowdog - If you're not much of a headshot guy I don't see too much of a point for MMR's. They're built for headshots, even if you're not really gearing for it, IMO. First Blood isn't very good outside of short engagments or unless you're reloading after every shot which...can get annoying. It does let you body shot and still get the headshot bonus, but you're missing out on so many other good talents. I've got my White Death with Lucky Shot to help make up for missed headshots, it's not really adding damage but is purely convenience so that popping out and missing a shot doesn't much matter and it reduces the long reload times as a result (fewer needed). If the duration of the buff was a bit longer I'd totally swap to Rifleman for the 50% weapon damage buff, but without considerably reducing the reload time and/or making sure I can always hit headshots immediately after (lolnope, I ain't anywhere near that good) I see it being too much of a double edged sword.

But my build is far, far from "optimal", it's basically a super crit/crit-damage heavy build (all red with a few blue armor regen nodes) to make my Rifle crit spam work (RIP that MK17 nerf) when things get too close for me to pick up casually with my MMR, but with plenty of convenience built in so that I'm not really managing/juggling anything mid-combat. Basically "I just wanna fucking shoot stuff in the face.", I'm a simple man.

I really don't want to lose unbreakable. Not having it with A&E set really sucked as it's my safety net for, "I do dumb shit often and need a get outta jail free card", but at the same time I'm missing out on a ton of damage with that chest talent.

Revive hive does that too. I don't really see a mmr build using a lot of skills.

Revive hive does that too. I don't really see a mmr build using a lot of skills.
    I have both because...I like backup plans for my backup plans : |

Git gud, scrub! XD

Seriously though, how are you getting hit so much while using an MMR that you need both revuve and unbreakable?

Git gud, scrub! XD

Seriously though, how are you getting hit so much while using an MMR that you need both revuve and unbreakable?
    Usually, a mixture of being too aggressive or just being too lazy to swap covers when pinned down. It's rarely ever actually needed, so realistically I could swap chest talents (I'd been running without revive and with the heal drone for quite some time) and not really notice much of a difference. I'm just kinda lazy and...like having backup plans for my backup plans.

That and apparently I don't even have the talent unlocked at the bench yet >.>

On the bright side, got a Tardigrade from the weekly exotic cache so it's already a massive improvement over all previous weeks!

And I guess a perfect Fox's Prayer with crit chance on it too >.>
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-07-15 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had Unbreakable for a way too long time, because I felt I needed the safety net.
    While it did take some time adjusting not having it, I'd wager a dps talent actually is more useful than unbreakable.

Needed some playstyle adjustments too, as I also play too aggressive too often.