Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    The thing is I still enjoy the game. I would like to continue if possible. but I think my limit is like 18bucks max. after that I would see it as a scam and stop playing.
    The value I get from WoW beats any other game out there for the hours I play. Even better for me as I don't even have to pay a sub thanks to Bnet balance. If the game isn't good enough then don't pay for it. WoW does not need any special prices, bundles or whatever with the monthly sub.

3+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't think a yearly sub should cost any more than US$60.

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    With services like Games Pass can you justify paying a monthly sub for WoW?
    Yes. /10char
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    that is what I think but I see people telling me just stop playing.
    I am a fan who can still tel you the cd key of original starcraft at anytime but here we are "don't pay, stop playing".

I am paying, that is no problem. I will be paying till the servers are shut down. I just think it could have been cheaper. That is it. No need to be this defensive.
    I understand 13 bucks is nothing for you. For me too.

But I look recent titles etc and buy once play forever, 60 bucks 70 bucks. they are doing pretty well.

Yes, I can justify it.

Do I have to? No. Not to you, and not to anyone else. You spend your money the way you want to and I'll spend my money the way I want to.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I view it as: if I am having fun, its worth it. When I stop having fun, its no longer worth it. Quite simple to understand.

The value is irrelevant to me because the cost is trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I know nothing of financial stuff. I guess it would work so that you would pay less for the collection of subs than the total cost of buying the subs at their full prices. Similar to how buying the 12 Month Xbox Live Gold costs less than buying 12 copies of the 1 month Xbox Live Gold.
    Why would any MMO dev want to be part of this?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you settle on this number?

- - - Updated - - -

I am a fan who can still tel you the cd key of original starcraft at anytime but here we are "don't pay, stop playing".

I am paying, that is no problem. I will be paying till the servers are shut down. I just think it could have been cheaper. That is it. No need to be this defensive.
    I understand 13 bucks is nothing for you. For me too.

But I look recent titles etc and buy once play forever, 60 bucks 70 bucks. they are doing pretty well.
    Ok, so you have that opinion. The people that set the price dont happen to agree with you. So you have a choice to make.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    just quit gaming, lol. Get a real life hobby or make learning your hobby. You'll have nothing to show your children and their children. huhu we had such a good time in AzErOTh or FortNITE
    lol.
    in the past we'd spend money on drinking smoking doing drugs with friends maybe it didn't seem like a sub but it was.. going to the bar or pub to drink and chat with friends is very similar to playing an online game but it gives you goals.
    you just have to know where rl and online play stops.. i dont have any rl so i'm doing it wrong.. but i prefer friends from far away. lol
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

The cd key of the original starcraft means what exactly? Trying to establish long time gamer cred? As someone that has been playing Blizz product's since the early 90's if you don't like the direction of WoW or feel it is too expensive, go play something else. We can't establish a value price point for you that makes it feel worthwhile.

- - - Updated - - -

I am paying, that is no problem. I will be paying till the servers are shut down. I just think it could have been cheaper. That is it. No need to be this defensive. I understand 13 bucks is nothing for you. For me too.

Okay and WoW isn't a one time pay to play pricepoint because it gives updates. After I finished my 60 dollar game, that's it. It's over. It doesn't need to be cheaper, it provides plenty of value for the dollar. When it doesn't I'll play something else.

I don't know, I know nothing of financial stuff. I guess it would work so that you would pay less for the collection of subs than the total cost of buying the subs at their full prices. Similar to how buying the 12 Month Xbox Live Gold costs less than buying 12 copies of the 1 month Xbox Live Gold.
    way too many problems...

-Realistically...most companies don't exactly have that many MMOs and if they have multiple there probably isn't enough of a fanfare to justify the cost. Square has both FF11 and 14 running..and theoretically could do it but 11 is basically in maintenance mode so whatever. Other companies with multiple MMOs are generally multiple F2P MMOs that live and die through microtransactions. Then we have wow where that's blizzards ONLY MMO.

- The major mmos with a sub fee are all different companies..the major ones being Square Enix and Activision Blizzard. Both are on opposite sides of the world and major competitors you would have to have them agree to a lower sub cost to justify the package ...which neither is probably going to do. Not to mention this is ONLY assuming the 2 biggest ones with a subscription....EA and Bethesda are probably even less likely to play ball since both of their games live and die by the microtransaction. Plus the vast majority of MMOs are free to play anyway..or buy to play in Guild Wars case.

-One way you could TECHNICALLY do it is have a third party farm gold in wow to buy tokens to pay for wow's subscription...but the other MMOs don't exactly have a system like that and paying someone for the labor if you do that selling the package cheaper your selling it at a loss...doesn't make sense to make a company that literally functions at a deficit

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    How did you settle on this number?
    Xbox Live Gold and PS Plus have their yearly subs at about that price

I LOVE game passes but wow is one of the very few games that I've played for more than 1k hours. The kind of long term value I've received is worth the monthly sub. That said, I cancel my sub halfway through every patch cycle because content dries up.

I generally will sub just for one month to a game pass and play through the good stuff and cancel. Than I return when new content comes out. Very similar to my wow approach.

I value my off time very much. I don’t consider the cost of a game. I consider the opportunity cost of wasting that time. Filler games cost me time, I prefer to curate my own library, so no value subs for me. I’ll just buy the games I enjoy, exclusively, not rent them.

The joke I expect is, “Well why do you play wow then?”

Lol, wow was actually really good in Legion, IMO.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-07-15 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox Live Gold and PS Plus have their yearly subs at about that price
    Then play those games. There is no shame in that.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I haven't been playing WoW for over a year and a half and the idea of paying a monthly sub for any game is pretty gross. Which is odd considering I was doing that for well over a decade without a second thought.

That said I'ma be playing next expansion and I'll definitely be paying my sub so there's that. Hopefully I make enough gold once I get back into it that I won't be paying for a sub.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

3+ Year Old Account
    Then play those games. There is no shame in that.
    My point is you get many online access to all Xbox/ PS games with those subs, while with WoW, its only one game, and when your sub isn't active you lose access to any characters above level 20.

Pay US$60 and get access to an indefinite amount of online functions of games for 1 year, or pay US$78 for roughly 6 months of one game.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-07-15 at 04:48 AM.

If the microsoft store wasn't a heap of garbage that actively breaks games, I would say its a superior product to an mmo subscription

that being said, why not gamepass+mmo of choice

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is you get many online access to all Xbox/ PS games with those subs, while with WoW, its only one game, and when your sub isn't active you lose access to any characters above level 20.
    As it should be. It's Blizzard's property, and they have a right to monetize it how they see fit, which means they have a right to charge whatever they want for it. We as consumers have all the power in this transaction; We can chose to pay for it if we believe it is worth what they are asking, and we can chose not to pay if we dont believe its worth what they are asking.

3+ Year Old Account
    As it should be. It's Blizzard's property, and they have a right to monetize it how they see fit, which means they have a right to charge whatever they want for it. We as consumers have all the power in this transaction; We can chose to pay for it if we believe it is worth what they are asking, and we can chose not to pay if we dont believe its worth what they are asking.
    I strongly disagree that this is how it "should be".

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly disagree that this is how it "should be".
    What you and or I believe 'should' be is irrelevant. There is no disputing it IS Blizzard's property and they can do as they please with it.