Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    BfA by a wide margin.

WoD was much better despite not having much end-game content to do, but that expansion had a way superior class design/balance, PvP was hands down much better, the raids were very good, I did a lot of things with my alts without having to grind mindlessly like a bot 24/7, the new zones were very good (I just loved Draenor) and I simply had much fun playing WoW, something I have barely had during a few months playing BfA (8.1, Dazar'Alor raid tier).

WoD. At least BfA has M+ for an alternate end-game.

BfA by far. At least in WoD I could have fun playing the game. It could have been fantastic if they didn't abandon it. When they abandoned it though, they had the fantastic idea of diablo-fying the game for Legion and the game just isn't WoW anymore.

Quality>Quantity.
    Last edited by Ludvig; 2020-07-15 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    Absolutely. Whoever says BfA or anything else isn’t being serious. WoD had a Selfie Camera as a patch... and so many other grand issues.
    Exactly lmfao. 8.2 alone has more content than any patch WoD produced (so basically just 6.2, and the main zone of 6.2 was supposed to be theere from launch).
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Amusing to see that many of the people who say they hate BFA still plays. Doesn't make sense, really.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Odd question but were you in a guild on zuljin?
    No, I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    WoD was much better despite not having much end-game content to do, but that expansion had a way superior class design/balance, PvP was hands down much better, the raids were very good, I did a lot of things with my alts without having to grind mindlessly like a bot 24/7, the new zones were very good (I just loved Draenor) and I simply had much fun playing WoW, something I have barely had during a few months playing BfA (8.1, Dazar'Alor raid tier).
    Exactly. WoD was probably the one expansion where I had the highest number of alts... and I enjoyed it, because I didn't have to spent half of my free-time to gear up 2 characters(as it is in BFA right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    BfA by far. At least in WoD I could have fun playing the game. It could have been fantastic if they didn't abandon it. When they abandoned it though, they had the fantastic idea of diablo-fying the game for Legion and the game just isn't WoW anymore.

Quality>Quantity.

I totally agree.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-07-15 at 08:38 AM.

Logically it's Vanilla, look I loved vanilla but anyone who says vanilla is/was good never played it and only played the buffed Classic version.
    Vanilla was fucking terrible, there were so many bugs and glitches, it was impossible to make gold especially with all the bots, Blizzard didn't ban people back then. PVP was dominated by Warlocks and Rogues cause no one had any sense of BIS back then it was Purple > everything else, DPS warriors literally ran around in raids with might and wrath with the 2h from Rend and not Devilsaur or Rend 1H duel swords.

The PVP ladder system was a drain on your body and inorder to progress at any point you had to be apart of the "click" taking turns at HWL, devilsaur mafia wasn't a meme.

There was no transfers or name changes, so if your server sucked and had no population or was toxic and had too many people you were stuck. If someone didn't like you for any reason it was basically a red flag and group invites would be cut in half.
    You needed groups to do anything and there was no group finder, spend all day waiting for a strat group just for the healer to rage quit halfway cause the tank says he sucks, and then the group dies.
    Gear/items were garbage and poorly optimized.
    Because of no transfers, if your guild couldn't fill 40 people you couldn't raid. If your tank got poached by a better guild, you were fucked. Server population wasn't even close to what it is today even on Classic, each server had maybe 1-2 guilds who could actually do raid content.

Vanilla is and always has been the worst stage of WoW. Sure BFA isn't the best, but it's improved ALOT on what the game used to be. Every expansion has negatives but it also has positives that improved the game. Everyone complaining about BFA today was complaining about Legion 2 years ago. Everyone complaining about Legion 2 years ago, was complaining about WOD before that.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    I can't believe people actually enjoyed hehexd rngland grindfest that was legion
    Unsure either, and find it extremly funny why people dislike bfa, and they give reasons that were worse in legion, yet then they dindt mind xd

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Unsure either, and find it extremly funny why people dislike bfa, and they give reasons that were worse in legion, yet then they dindt mind xd
    But it wasn't worse. BfA has a lot more grinds than Legion had. Legion was piss easy after 7.1.5. Everyone can see BfA is worse when it comes to the systems.

Not to mention more people liked how the classes played in Legion vs BfA.

Cataclsym

Just to say it was so a pile of shit they had to put a a 12 months deal with a free Diablo 3 and a mount to keep people into the game

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    But it wasn't worse. BfA has a lot more grinds than Legion had. Legion was piss easy after 7.1.5. Everyone can see BfA is worse when it comes to the systems.

Not to mention more people liked how the classes played in Legion vs BfA.
    Their pretty equal in terms of badness. Legendaries: it was seriously faster and more effective to create alts to hunt that bis legendary, good shit. People walked almost a year with shit legendaries making their class feel incomplete,

WoD was pretty bad - lack of content.
    Server Crashes-Freezes lasted on some heavy populated servers well over a month, DraenorEU, Tarren MillEU.
    Extreme lack of content outside of Garrisons and Raids/Timed runs. Later patches people just logged in to do their daily garrison stuff and logged out.

Legion was bad - heavy AP grind, randomness of Leggos.
    Legon, overall was a decent expansion but first few months untill they removed legendary drop locks from characters and made drops more consistant were horrifying. A lot of people was forced to reroll few times due to bad Leggs rng and catch up with AP grind.

BfA - utter trash. School book example what happens when angry kid, Blizzard, doesnt want to listen.
    Even since early beta we provided so much feedback on classes, Azerite gear, neck, yet exactly nothing changed.
    They even went back on their word that enhance will get an update later in expansion 8.1.5, saying that they never said it.
    Azerite Gear ended up trash, unfun and bad.
    Expansion was (still is) so bad that they kept adding one grind over another and keep piling up borrowed power to the point that i dont actually feel like im playing the game at all and my character does nothing but carry gear with tons of corruption. I dont feel like im playing my character nor that he does any damage, i feel like im just hitting buttons and fishing for 6+ TD/IS procs to clear the screen. Some people might argue that this is fun, and ok, i do get the point, but personally i dont like it.
    The story is all over the place and jumping from theme to theme.
    Zones are beautiful, Mythic dungeons are fun. Raids were good, but expansion wrapup boss Nzoth and literall end game cinematics were..quite.. Meh. Both in quality and story.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    WoD’s PvP was still LEAGUES better than BfA’s.
    I'm... What?

That's like saying you only shat your pants a little less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Cataclsym

Just to say it was so a pile of shit they had to put a a 12 months deal with a free Diablo 3 and a mount to keep people into the game
    Except that was for MoP.

This always applies....

Which is the worst one - "the current one"

Which was the best one - "the one before that"

I dont know why people dont like WoD. Raiding was all I do and of course selling raid clears as well. Made lots of money and raids were awesome especially Blackhand's raid.

Worst: Bfa

both expansions are very very bad in design and had very serious faults but for me it was WoD. it was so bad that i had quit for 3 years and didn't even came back for legion.(tho i played 3-4 months in legion) WoD had good raid designs but it has less tiers and was 10$ expensive, it was a big F you to all players.
    BFA is kinda successor to the legion, it uses same designs that worked but not as good as it was in legion. my problem with BFA is world design. Horde has 3 zones that utter BS in my opinion. i don't like anything in them. and porting into each isle is a royal pain in the ass. another problem with BFA is, there is no new features in this game. no new anything. everything you see was used in a way in earlier expansions. they just recycled the content.
    anyways blizzard was on "one good expansion, one bad expansion" cycle from cata. now it's time for a good expansion.
    Last edited by HypocR1sY; 2020-07-15 at 09:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm. It was raid or die like WoD but without a cosy garrison to pass the time.

It also laid the groundwork for the the many problems the game would face in the coming years such as corridor raid design, LFR and the destruction of 25-man guilds.

Bfa felt like Legion 2.0, its biggest problem is a lack of originality and identity. It's always weird to me how some people can love one but not the other when both expansions are so similar.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2020-07-15 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    I'm... What?

That's like saying you only shat your pants a little less.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that was for MoP.
    The World of Warcraft Annual Pass was a limited-time offer that required a commitment to subscribe to WoW for one year, first made available on October 21, 2011, the opening day of BlizzCon 2011, and ending on April 30, 2012. Doing so rewarded players with the following:

[Tyrael's Charger]
    Free digital copy of Diablo III
    Guaranteed access to the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta.
    Requirements

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Annual_Pass

MOP release : Initial release date: September 25, 2012
    So yes, it was to keep people during Catashit

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    The World of Warcraft Annual Pass was a limited-time offer that required a commitment to subscribe to WoW for one year, first made available on October 21, 2011, the opening day of BlizzCon 2011, and ending on April 30, 2012. Doing so rewarded players with the following:

[Tyrael's Charger]
    Free digital copy of Diablo III
    Guaranteed access to the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta.
    Requirements

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Annual_Pass

MOP release : Initial release date: September 25, 2012
    So yes, it was to keep people during Catashit
    No, it was for people to stay subbed into MoP.

To me BfA is the worst. At least in WoD I didn't have to endlessly grind just to play what I wanted.