Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "but I didn't even like the raids that much... it was basically orcs, orcs, orcs, orcs for the most part." Can't you use that argument for every raid then?

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all got to experience Mythic KJ and gain 2 great raids in the Nighthold, and Antorus. Legion was not that bad of a raiding expansion at all.
    Im not about the raids im about the hardcore grind that never existed befor legion, my 10hrs MAW shifts for 2 weeks and lfr/normal/hc/emmes/borkenshore portal farming for leggos every lockout on multiple chars killed alot of rading guilds ppl burned out and quit aber 1-2 tiers of grinds.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Cataclsym

Just to say it was so a pile of shit they had to put a a 12 months deal with a free Diablo 3 and a mount to keep people into the game
    They've done deals like that with literally every expansion since.

My personal list is still...

TBC => Legion
    MoP
    Wrath
    Cata = WoD
    BfA

I had a break from late Cata through to a good few months into MoP, otherwise MoP might genuinely have been tied with the top two. BfA was so bad that I genuinely thought I'd never subscribe to the game again, and if not for my old guild I'd not have even considered it. I've been subbed for 25% of BfA, and I'd say that's just about enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    How to be a WoW fan: Hate every expansion after MoP.
    MoP was just a very well crafted and well rounded xpac with a decent patch cycle and nearly no drama.

Also the systems were well thought through at release and not bugged to the boot.

Nothing of the above applies to the xpacs that followed.

BFA and WOD, but at least classes were good in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And yet it was more fun to play because specs weren't as bad as they've gotten since and the raids were great.

- - - Updated - - -

The raids were okay(ToS and to some extent Antorus dragged it down, though), but all the garbage you had to do outside of raids was the problem.
    Must be me then, cause I thought Antorus was a top 3 raid tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Im not about the raids im about the hardcore grind that never existed befor legion, my 10hrs MAW shifts for 2 weeks and lfr/normal/hc/emmes/borkenshore portal farming for leggos every lockout on multiple chars killed alot of rading guilds ppl burned out and quit aber 1-2 tiers of grinds.
    Shit bro. Must've hated the grind it took to get Grand Marshal, or the grind it took to get the legendaries you wanted, then. Much less the gear you wanted from PVP or raids.

Weakest tier-dropping raid of Legion for me, but still a pretty damn good raid.

While I dont have Antorus among top 3, the Argus fight is one of my all time favorites and it was a fun raid. I must have killed him on 7-8 characters each week in average and have 5-6 clears a week, I had a blast. Overall raiding in Legion was great. Nighthold is my top 3 raid. What a raid that was! The amount of enjoyment I had in Legion will most likely never happen again in WoW. Fuck, I miss Legion!

Last good expansion was MOP, up to that point Cata was the one I liked the least but compared to WOD and onward it was good, still sucks IMO when up against LK,BC or MOP though.

My personal opinion WoD was my least favorite, so far. The trailer was awesome for WoD IMO, and the leveling was okay-ish, but beyond that, it just wasn't fun IMO. Wasn't a fan of the Garrison system in general. And of course the content drought. Also have never liked the pathfinder system in the way they've chosen to implement it. There shouldn't be 2 parts, just 1. And it shouldn't be only available over 1/2 way through the expansion. It should be able from the start and once you complete the requirements, you're good to go.

BfA is doing its best to unseat WoD as the worst though it seems. I'm sick to death of mission tables, 10 new currencies for each patch (2 or 3 is plenty sufficient IMO), AP and the boringness/repetitiveness of it, temporary power/abilities/spells, time gating, RNG on top of RNG, etc.

From best to worst IMO:

1) WotLK
    2) MoP
    3) Vanilla
    4) BC
    5) Cata
    6) Legion
    7) BfA
    8) WoD

WoD is the worst expansion, BFA is slightly better for sure, 8.2 was good, Warfronts and Islands are garbo but I got plenty of time out of allied races and alts. One of my biggest gripes with BFA is the seasonal resets, they really make the game feel weird and don't have a place in the game. IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was worse. By a mile.

Lets not pretend WoD did not have any cancerous RNG. It did. On top of that, it had no content. Just because WoD had a few minor things that were better than BfA, doesn't make it a better expansion overall. Take off your stupid rose tinted goggles. WoD was fucking trash and EVERYONE hated it because there was NOTHING to do. The massive decline in subs showed that, up to the point it became such a disaster Blizzard outright stopped showing sub numbers.

You've got to be out of your mind to say WoD is better than BfA. It destroyed the economy, it destroyed professions, and the only thing worth logging on for was doing your raiding. And even then, you could only do Highmaul and BRF so many times before it became a snoozefest, and all you could do is sit in your garrison while the eternal wait for that mediocre Tanaan Jungle and HFC began.

Doesn't mean BfA is good though, cause it aint. But WoD was WoW's lowest point, and I'm surprised they recovered from it tbh.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Wod < bfa < cata < tbc < mop < legion < wotlk
    Is my ranking of expac's worst to best.

BFA and WOD share the spotlight, for opposite reasons;
    - BFA had just too much relevant things to do, while WOD just didn't
    - in WOD the systems were easy to grasp and characters easy to optimize while BFA started on the other side of the same "room" and just kept backing itself into a corner

Both were too far into either extreme. Sadly Shadowlands looks to be a continuation of BFA's strive for complicating gameplay... so there's a new contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    MoP was just a very well crafted and well rounded xpac with a decent patch cycle and nearly no drama.

Also the systems were well thought through at release and not bugged to the boot.

Nothing of the above applies to the xpacs that followed.
    It really seems blizzard lazy copied the story of MoP for BfA. I mean the whole 'The main plot is the faction war. This definitely is no old gold expansion' and the horde leader becoming the evil antagonist are very relateable. It worked in MoP but utterly failed in BfA.

Talking about bugged content in MoP though. The daily quest system was pretty grindy and only became alt friendly when the catch ups became available.

were yall around for cata? There was even less to do in Cata than WoD unles you liked alts. Cata was a very very alt friendly expansion...because there was nothing to do. Cata was the worst by far. Also people voting BFA like it was worse than cata or wod can gtfo. BFA has issues but it really isn't that bad.

Maybe Cata is too old and people are forgetting I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    WoD was bad but the raids were fun.. BFA is the worst honestly. At least in WoD i could make tons of money from Garrison missions on all my alts.
    BFA has tons to do and some redeeming qualities. WoD only had raids and garrisons. Blizzard literally abandoned the expansion to focus on Legion and said as much. BFA they consistently delivered new content. I think WoD would be arguable if Blizzard had delivered the faction capitals and other content originally planned for the expansion, but any time your developer jumps ship to work on what's next and that has literally never happened on any other expansion it's hard to argue WoD was not the worst.

Wod closely followed by bfa. Wod cut a whole raid plus the land mass i was most curious about faralon. Bfa i hated the story i stayed clear from the gear slot machine, i only cared about how gear looked. My 3rd worst is cata, if you want the reason i play alliance that should say enouth.

This is just my opinion, of course, but it's BfA by a landslide. This is primarily for one reason - class gameplay. WoD used to be the worst expansion, so I like to compare BfA to WoD to determine which is worse.

While classes and specs were gutted in WoD, they actually turned out fun. I'd argue that the majority of specs were fun to play. There were some super fun outliers, like Sub, Enhance, BrM, and Balance. There were bad specs too, most notably Arms.

BfA, however, really dropped the ball on class gameplay. Each spec was a strict downgrade from Legion. Classes felt worse as you leveled, especially at 116 when legendaries stopped working. The GCD change further slowed down gameplay. The further pruning of classes and specs was unwelcome. Class balance on launch was abysmal. Overall, the first year of BfA was an atrocity. It's only gotten fun in 8.3 as we've gotten enough secondaries to mask how crappy classes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithras View Post
    This is just my opinion, of course, but it's BfA by a landslide. This is primarily for one reason - class gameplay. WoD used to be the worst expansion, so I like to compare BfA to WoD to determine which is worse.

While classes and specs were gutted in WoD, they actually turned out fun. I'd argue that the majority of specs were fun to play. There were some super fun outliers, like Sub, Enhance, BrM, and Balance. There were bad specs too, most notably Arms.

BfA, however, really dropped the ball on class gameplay. Each spec was a strict downgrade from Legion. Classes felt worse as you leveled, especially at 116 when legendaries stopped working. The GCD change further slowed down gameplay. The further pruning of classes and specs was unwelcome. Class balance on launch was abysmal. Overall, the first year of BfA was an atrocity. It's only gotten fun in 8.3 as we've gotten enough secondaries to mask how crappy classes are.
    I second this. Plus itemization was way more enjoyable and less convoluted back in WoD.