Thread: Double jump

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by d00dles View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. But they they could also do other things to set the other classes apart, like:

-- Rogues should have sprint on demand without a cooldown. Maybe have 2 versions of sprint: (1) one that costs energy for activating it but has no cooldown and (2) a faster sprint with cooldown.

-- Monks should be able to roll sideways. Idk
    Rogues had that, it was called Burst of Speed, and it was cancer for the game. I'm saying that as a Rogue, btw.

Monks can roll sideways, use Strafe...
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-07-15 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiser View Post
    I think that rogues and monks should also have double jump. They're agi leather classes, like Demon Hunters, and should therefore be more than nimble enough to double jump. What say ye?
    And druids!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    And druids!
    Druids actually don't make much sense. You can argue that they might do it with nature(wind) magic, but druids are not really an agile class in the classical sense. They are more casters that get away with wearing dead animal skin. Their physical prowess is mostly predicated on shapeshifting into animals that can do physcial things, but animals aren't exactly known for double jumping or using martial arts. They also already fill that fantasy with being able to fly via shapechanging of stuff like the pounce ability.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-15 at 03:59 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

problem is, how would they justify them being able to jump while in the air, even tho the animation doesnt show it, in demon hunters case they can just say that first they jump up in the air, and then use the wings for a second jump, kinda a missed opportunity to not have the animation reflect them using wing for second jump.

Rogues and Monks can have all that stuff once Shamans get to summon an air elemental that lets them fly (tactically, not the silly class mount), can use their mastery of air to feather fall, and (most of all) get Gust of Wind back. Seeing as Shamans are 'masters of the elements' and all.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    You're saying a double jump wouldn't fit literal ninjas?
    Considering literal ninjas cant double jump, yeah.

Give my cat form the ability to not double jump but jump a bit farther or higher, with a little butt shake animation beforehand! (I know they're tigers and whatnot and not house cats...but a boy can dream...)

What if we just delete the brokenly overpowered mobility edgelord class with double jump and pretend it never existed?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    You're completely missing the point, I don't care that they're two different universes.

I'm not saying that demon hunters didn't exist before Legion, I'm saying DOUBLE JUMPING didn't exist before Legion, so going "Monks have never been able to double jump" means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because neither could demon hunters pre Legion
    these two sentences show how flawed your logic is ... honestly can't even deal with your stupidity

5+ Year Old Account
    Druids should absolutely get it, in all forms, because fuck me it would be funny to be able leap way up into the air as a bear. Someone else mentioned it though whether or not the DH double jump is unique because of their wings and demonic energy, rogues can fling themselves way the fuck up in the air for a finisher move. They ought to be as agile as a bloody Demonhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Druids actually don't make much sense. You can argue that they might do it with nature(wind) magic, but druids are not really an agile class in the classical sense. They are more casters that get away with wearing dead animal skin. Their physical prowess is mostly predicated on shapeshifting into animals that can do physcial things, but animals aren't exactly known for double jumping or using martial arts. They also already fill that fantasy with being able to fly via shapechanging of stuff like the pounce ability.
    We have armor that has feathers, I think a flap would let us get a boost in our jump

And give stealth to DH and monks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiser View Post
    I think that rogues and monks should also have double jump. They're agi leather classes, like Demon Hunters, and should therefore be more than nimble enough to double jump. What say ye?
    rogues have dbl jump now with their AoE FoK

Monks and Rogues can have double jump when DHs get Sprint and Chi (Fel?) Torpedo, and Death Knights can get Charge and Divine Steed when Warriors/Paladins get Death's Advance.

In other words, let different classes be different.