Poll: Which era of wow sucked most?

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    At least WoD didn't ruin entire factions forever.
    If I recall, the only factions that really got fucked was Black Empire.
    8.2/8.3 even gave us an excuse as to how an Azshara led naga might be able to join a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

3.) My slightly more positive opinion of BfA is that even though it carried over the systems from Legion, Blizzard iterated on them to make them easier to handle.
    Sure, AP was easier to handle. But after that? WQ's are worse IMO and feel almost worthless in comparison to some of the rewards you could get from Legion WQ(Honor,Decent gold amounts), having the mandatory Champions of Azeroth quests were so fucking boring and all you gained from exalted was ilvl increase on my useless amulet. Reps in Legion gave you shoulder enchants which added a little bonus, reps in BFA are....? gold sinks? Go figure? Great design.
    Mythic+ became less fun in BFA, very easy to see that they made the dungeons around Esports and not around fun. Having Tyrannical/Fortified on every key made the dungeons even less fun. A reminder that Fortified/Tyrannical didnt come into play in legion until keys of 10 or higher.

Overall, BFA is less fun than legion and improved a system, introduced DoA systems like warfronts/Islands, added GCD changes, made mythic+ Harder for a reason?, Corruptions could have been implemented better, not completely against them as an idea.

But BFA felt like blizzard spent an expansion trying to fix their own bad implementations of systems and ideas.

Content wise, WoD, in the sense it lacked any. Overall wise? BFA. You can make arguments for both, like WoD introducing world quests, having tier sets and bonuses, tier armor, new talents, fun specs. And I can say BFA expanded on M+ (which, imo, has indirectly made raiding less meaningful and relevant) and had actual, regular content released. BFA is also terrible for all the grind systems, taking away what people liked about Legion while keeping what people hated.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Cataclysm killed the game for me. Its when I stopped playing (reduced talent trees, lore full of retcons/bringing chars all over the place back to life, etc). I did try out pandamon but was also very dissapointing, it was the final gutting of the old talent system and wow was another game after it. Not sure about the rest of the expacs. Still to me cata was really the downfall of WoW, it was when it started to lose more players than it gained.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2020-07-15 at 06:43 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I posted earlier with my choice/rankings, but I just wanted to chime in and say how much I hated some things others have mentioned. In no particular order...

-The obsession over dailies/WQs as content. I already have to do chores in real life. I don't want to do them in a video game I play for fun.
    -The essentially endless grinds of AP and the like. Not only was it seemingly endless, each progressive "level" didn't really feel like a level IMO.
    -Speaking of that, the original talent system replacement from trees with lots of options to the stupid pick a square of 3 garbage. Never been a fan of this.
    -Ability/spell pruning also. This combined with the above made it so the actual level of your character felt basically pointless except at specified intervals, which sucked IMO.

Say what you want about BfA and WoD, they didn't gut class design the way Cata did; they inherited it from Legion (horrible) and MoP (pretty good), but they can't compare to Cata. While WoD had some horrible story beats, it still made more sense than Cata's Deathwing doing pretty much nothing until Dragon Soul, and Sylvanas at least had some interesting decisions. Cata raids were pretty meh, and Cata dungeons were just horrible. The world revamp was pretty good for alts but had nothing for mains beyond flying. Molten Front and the Joust minigame were honestly the only parts I really liked from Cata.

Everything that came after Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    If I recall, the only factions that really got fucked was Black Empire.
    8.2/8.3 even gave us an excuse as to how an Azshara led naga might be able to join a faction.
    This is one spark of hope. Maybe Horde will recruit Azshara.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the worst expansion
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quite a lot of bs having SL up there as a choice.

Imo, WOD because it brought many of the things I hate; number squish, ability prune, lvl boost ptw, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Content wise, WoD, in the sense it lacked any. Overall wise? BFA. You can make arguments for both, like WoD introducing world quests...
    WOD didnt introduce WQs, that came with LEG (and it was a good addition)

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Legion was pretty good, I´d say as good as MoP. It´d go following WotLK, classic and BC.
    nah, it was absolute garbage

Actual content and story: BfA
    Counting content drought: WoD

I'm biased, and my best WoW memories with friends are from WoD. But I liked the little content we got - it all felt kinda meaningful.

I loved questing in Zandalar, and blah blah visuals are good, but I didn't enjoy the creative direction, hate WQs, and everything felt meaningless (though that could be because I'm at a different place mentally now). But I'm also a casual, and this was the first time I actually felt that Blizzard and the world of WoW had changed. Change can be good, but I didn't enjoy the decisions.

On another note; I did not have fun in TBC at all, but that was mainly because of my life (early teens) at the time. Not huge into Outland to this date. But I don't consider this take fair enough to vote TBC. I voted BfA.

MoP is the best.
    Last edited by FlasKamel; 2020-07-15 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    At least WoD didn't ruin entire factions forever.
    BfA managed to ruin both factions completely. The horde from now on will always be evil as their members have shown time and time again that they do not value life at all and revel in violence and bloodshet. Hell, even the tauren went to murder children. Not starting with the nightborne, whose first act after being out in the world again is a genocide on their close relatives.
    The alliance on the other hand is not only completely incompetent, they also show the mentality of a bully victim that can not stand up for itself. Besides that there is an internal devide that NEVER xan be healed. At this point there is no reason the night elves are in the alliance anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    BFA has tons to do and some redeeming qualities. WoD only had raids and garrisons. Blizzard literally abandoned the expansion to focus on Legion and said as much. BFA they consistently delivered new content. I think WoD would be arguable if Blizzard had delivered the faction capitals and other content originally planned for the expansion, but any time your developer jumps ship to work on what's next and that has literally never happened on any other expansion it's hard to argue WoD was not the worst.
    If 8.25 and 8.3 are the result of this I really wish they had abandoned the expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    pvp, raids and lore were way better in wod, i could literally spend a day doing random bgs and getting fun, today i do a random bg for the azerite and want to kill myself with pencil.
    Idk about lore, in that regard WoD was a cluster!@#$ almost as big as BfA - but I loved the raids, and even if Trashran certainly deserved the moniker, PvP was miles ahead of the utter crap it became in BfA. I can't even force myself to run a random BG in retail, and I've always loved PvP (both casual and ranked) from the very beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Ask this question in 5 years and Bfa will have less votes than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    I actually laughed out loud at this analogy because of how true it is. Absolute gold 25/10 post my good sir.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean with that logic TSM, chinese bot farmers etc ruined the economy for years. Hell, BFA ruined the game for 2 full years and you could say the game has been ruined since the legion revamp. The game would have been better off without them as well .
    I said the economy, not the game. We still feel the effects of garrison gold missions today. TSM just works with what assets are available. It's not like addons generate gold out of nowhere, they just make it easier to accumulate the wealth that is already flowing through the economy. Bots and gold farmers are an entirely different thing.

MoP. Because homogenization sucks. Also pandas make me want to rip of my ears and impale my eyes.

Perfectly expected results. BFA and Drarnor are the most boring expansions in the history of WoW. Cataclysm started it all and the whole tick-tock dev cycle of good/bad expansions.

Cataclysm ruined lots things for me. BfA is impossible to keep up with if you took a break when Classic came out. Waaay too many new systems and annoying borrowed power elements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk about lore, in that regard WoD was a cluster!@#$ almost as big as BfA - but I loved the raids, and even if Trashran certainly deserved the moniker, PvP was miles ahead of the utter crap it became in BfA. I can't even force myself to run a random BG in retail, and I've always loved PvP (both casual and ranked) from the very beginning.
    i mean wod was of course bad, but not nearly as bad, wod had the "free pass" because is a clusterfuck in another dimension/timeline, with nothing much impactful you could ignore and move on fine, BfA you can't, teldrasill and undercity are there to remember, the cinematics as well..

Wod also brought us a new Gul'dan, who is a good character overall, and was fun to see him kick some butt and explode Varian