Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I levelled a lot of characters and keep finding myself enjoying 1-60 most. Usually I now skip Outland, rather do Northrend. Skip Cata. WoD just treasures...Legion I liked when it was current, now I just find it annoying.

So...I think in that way the overhaul could be welcome. The 120 levels don't scare me...I used to take 3 days /played, now it is 1 day, 18 hours on my latest char with the xp buff. Yeah...you kinda ding every 30 mins....so less levels would work.

They might indeed mess up older raids (I think they did before), but IIRC they fix that pretty quickly.

As for the community....I think there is the small and vocal part on youtube and forums that might not really represent the community...on the other hand one could always argue that they are a far cry away from the 12 million subs of WotLK and take that as proof they they "los" because the biggest part quit.

Then again even that was clear and is more extreme when you know there were over 100 million accounts created....so they always lost 90% of ppl...and now it is likely 95%
    That is true about them getting fixed. Theres always going to be a day 1 (Or 2) patch fixing stuff after a release. Blizzard isn't 2k games who wait till DLC comes out to update their game. I think it's more that I've leveled so many characters to 120 and I am just burnt out. 120 levels tends to become annoying after you've done it like 15 times xD

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'm gonna summarize this entire situation in 1 sentence:

We're not bitter, we're worried.
    Pretty much.

But hey... everything must be a war of extremes in the internet, apparantly. :/

There has always been a talk about covenants, since the announcement, that locking players into a covenant would be bad, but we were hoping they would listen. But during the recent stream, they doubled down on their idea, so the shitstorm started

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    Serious question, are you against set bonuses? Because those are borrowed power, what about the legendary cloak or ring?

Borrowed power, to me, seems like a phrase without much meaning behind it. WoD was terrible for a lot of us precisely because there were no systems to interact with.

If the covenant abilities were available to everyone regardless of choice I think the systems look awesome. Craftable legendary items look amazing to me and it could easily become a permanent feature, and I think a lot of the other stuff is just fluff rpg elements.

Besides, there was so much more wrong with BFA they had no chance of addressing it all, this time around feeback seems to be more focused and I don't think it's the end of the world if they decide to try it as-is until 9.1.

Things are much better looking right now than they were at this time in BFA alpha/beta. Remember when warfronts and islands were the major features to look forward to?
    I liked set bonuses.
    Set bonuses were effects on existing skills
    Such as
    -Bestial Wrath lasts 6 sec longer
    -Aimed Shot is instant cast
    -Explosive Shot has 50% chance to not consume a charge of Lock and Load
    -Avenging Wrath has 3 charges
    etc.

These were often major effects but they affected existing skills instead of adding new skills.
    And this was NOT a currency grind expansion featurette system. You raid, you get the tier set bonus. That's it. You get it by doing content you enjoy.
    You are not required to grind menial shit such as world quests ad nauseaum.

What does suck is things like Phoenix Flames being baseline in Legion and getting taken away in BFA and baked into talents. But to get that talent you have to spec out of something else, it's always a net loss.