Thread: No Man's Sky

About the only thing they could add at this point that would make the game a 10/10 from the 0/10 it was when it was originally released (played like 30 hours then) would be adding some type of persistent faction reputation for each of the races and having war aspects so I didn't just have to incur the wrath of the never-ending space police if I want some good space fun.

It is actually incredible, few months have passed since the Endgoodening video, and they have pushed out what looks like 2 more major updates with even MOAR stuff to play around (mechs!) plus some bugfix patches.
    The dedication is admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    It is actually incredible, few months have passed since the Endgoodening video, and they have pushed out what looks like 2 more major updates with even MOAR stuff to play around (mechs!) plus some bugfix patches.
    The dedication is admirable.
    Yea it looks like I picked a great time to jump in. The latest development update says they are planning to release smaller updates regularly going forward while still pursuing larger and more ambitious updates as well.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/04/be...ent-update-10/

Gah... Anyone know, if this is something I can do something about.

Hearing of the new changes, the mech, living ship, ect. I decided to try NMS again. I played a few days, but now suddenly my base got messed. Somehow my best base that I have worked on suddenly had its terrain reset. I had dug subterranean base and now suddenly its like it ever was there. I can dig it again, all the stuff is inside there, but its hard to clear everything again. Some of my structures above ground are partially filled with ground and such. All that sort of stuff reset.

There are also some other bugs suddenly like my base seemingly shift a bit. I have some stuff right at the edge of my base range, but now suddenly they are slightly out of range, etc.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? That is except by making sure I build everything so that I dont touch ground?

Looks like No Mans Sky is coming to XBox Ganepass in June. It’s worth picking up and trying if you have the service.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/06/in...r-no-mans-sky/

Full crossplay for PS4, Xbox, Steam, and Windows 10 versions.

Oh, and it's going on Xbox Game Pass.

Oh! And it's all happening tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/06/in...r-no-mans-sky/

Full crossplay for PS4, Xbox, Steam, and Windows 10 versions.

Oh, and it's going on Xbox Game Pass.

Oh! And it's all happening tomorrow.
    Sweet, do you know if it's be on pc game pass? I've been wanting to try it.

Edit: NM, it is coming to windows gamepass!
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-06-10 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Sweet, do you know if it's be on pc game pass? I've been wanting to try it.

Edit: NM, it is coming to windows gamepass!
    Yeah, Xbox/Windows game pass is the same thing.

Yeah, Xbox/Windows game pass is the same thing.
    Actually no, Windows game pass doesn't get ALL the same games as Xbox game pass.

You get more on the Xbox itself (which I don't own), like RDR2 is available on console but not PC

So...how much need is their for gunplay/precise aiming etc? Looking at picking it up on PS4 since it's on sale right now and I've been interested for a while, and given the support from HG I wanna throw some money at them.

Just wondering if, for someone who sucks at shooters on console, it's worth picking up there or if I should wait for the next PC sale. Not terribly interested in the combat as a primary mode of gameplay, but don't want to be dreading it every time it comes up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...how much need is their for gunplay/precise aiming etc? Looking at picking it up on PS4 since it's on sale right now and I've been interested for a while, and given the support from HG I wanna throw some money at them.
    None really. The small bad guys are relatively small but they aren't that hard to hit. It isn't twitch based or anything. Some of the creatures or "horrors" might require a little faster aiming but nothing moves that quick. Though I've only ever played on PC so not sure how it is with a game pad. Space combat is pretty forgiving to as most enemies do gentle curves or head straight towards you so it isn't hard to track.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just wondering if, for someone who sucks at shooters on console, it's worth picking up there or if I should wait for the next PC sale. Not terribly interested in the combat as a primary mode of gameplay, but don't want to be dreading it every time it comes up.
    There is a creative mode if you don't want to worry about dying and stuff. I haven't played in awhile but ground combat wasn't bad. I used to just use the mining laser to kill shit. Space combat needed a little more precise aiming though. If you are farming and upgrade your shields and stuff you shouldn't have too much of a problem with anything.

Welp, got it on PS4 and started dicking around. Seems alright so far with a gamepad, but we'll see after a few hours of play how it is. The game doesn't run super well, which is a bit disappointing, but I'm actually not annoyed by the survival mechanics which usually turn me off on these games. I'll stick with the "normal" mode for now, but I did see the creative mode which will be a good security blanket in case I need a true easymode : P

15+ Year Old Account
    Welp, got it on PS4 and started dicking around. Seems alright so far with a gamepad, but we'll see after a few hours of play how it is. The game doesn't run super well, which is a bit disappointing, but I'm actually not annoyed by the survival mechanics which usually turn me off on these games. I'll stick with the "normal" mode for now, but I did see the creative mode which will be a good security blanket in case I need a true easymode : P
    Once you get enough money normal is pretty much creative with just traveling to get materials. Money means you can just buy most things and the stuff you can't can be mined or farmed at bases. Or just travel to another persons base to harvest their work. Or if you get super tired make use of a save editor to give yourself items/parts. (I used the save editor to fix a missing freighter bug when the nexus missions first launched).

Though since you are on console that save editor likely won't work.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

i have it on console and pc and i prefer it on pc.
    but i'm terrible with a controller i struggle with just about any game the few times i try to use those.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Update is out.

Hope more game make use of cross platforming. It's so nice to meet up with friends regardless of the machine you're on.

Looks interesting, doesn’t look like a huge update but the freighter improvements are a welcome change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. Might bring me back for a few hours