Thread: No Beta Today?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Nevcairiel: Have you been subbed the entire time and if so, have you been invited already? I've always believed those folks are pretty much guaranteed the early access.
    And you would be wrong. Although I've been lucky...I've had friends who have played alongside me since Vanilla and never once gotten an invite to any beta. People have to realize they have to be subbed too...in the past that wasn't always true.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    I bet I know why there are no beta keys now. Probably because they don't want them being sold on eBay and sites like it.
    No because they want to eliminate scams that cause people to have their accounts hacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    My account is ancient. Been playing since Vanilla. But, I haven't been subscribed for all those years. Didn't get in the beta.
    They will be continuing to give out invites as the beta test goes on, especially when they do their stress tests. So, keep looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevcairiel: Have you been subbed the entire time and if so, have you been invited already? I've always believed those folks are pretty much guaranteed the early access.
    Been subbed non-stop since early TBC, didn't get an invite. (EU though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my invite yesterday. Subbed since 8.3 (was not subbed between 8.1-8.3).
    Wife did not and has been continuously subbed since Legion start.
    Friend who has not been subbed since 7.2 got one.

So seems like no real pattern.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    And you would be wrong. Although I've been lucky...I've had friends who have played alongside me since Vanilla and never once gotten an invite to any beta. People have to realize they have to be subbed too...in the past that wasn't always true.
    I find it difficult to believe someone could have played since vanilla, be opted in to the beta page the entire time and not receive a single invite to any of the beta tests.

I find it difficult to believe someone could have played since vanilla, be opted in to the beta page the entire time and not receive a single invite to any of the beta tests.
    It's certainly true. My friend group has been playing since vanilla. Only two of us have been subbed the whole time. I've received one beta invite and the 2nd constant sub has received zero. It's just luck of the draw. Doesnt' stop me from praying my ~$3k (wow only ~$3k in all the time I've been palying WoW? Not bad.) lets me in, but it doesn't. Here's hoping this time though!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No because they want to eliminate scams that cause people to have their accounts hacked.

- - - Updated - - -

They will be continuing to give out invites as the beta test goes on, especially when they do their stress tests. So, keep looking.
    Yup yup, I know. I mean, I just want to test out all the classes to pick which to go with in SL and start playing them now. So I can't fault them too much. I won't be helping debug that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicotheman94 View Post
    It's certainly true. My friend group has been playing since vanilla. Only two of us have been subbed the whole time. I've received one beta invite and the 2nd constant sub has received zero. It's just luck of the draw. Doesnt' stop me from praying my ~$3k (wow only ~$3k in all the time I've been palying WoW? Not bad.) lets me in, but it doesn't. Here's hoping this time though!
    I must be insanely lucky then. That's nuts. I believe you I just find it difficult to believe based on my own experience. Damn. Good luck to you and your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Friend who has not been subbed since 7.2 got one.

So seems like no real pattern.
    Good, because I've heard if you don't have sub you won't get beta invite from someone in the 9.0 thread. That was never the case before, and I care about it now since my sub goes out in 7 days and I am not gonna sub before pre patch.

Gimme beta yall.

Will you get an email notification if you get an invite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    I never did. I just checked the game version popout menu above the play button in the launcher.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

you have to be good @ the game (top50 minimum) to get in the first 3 weaves or win a lotto daw by blizz and if youre EU top 20 or 30 lol form my exp i only started to get in as soon as i hit top 20-30, played in multiple top 50-100 guilds in wrath/cata/mop and didnt get in, subbed since BC 2.1
    I.O BFA Season 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    Usually, but the actual activation to your account usually predates the email by a few days. At least in my experience.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    you have to be good @ the game (top50 minimum) to get in the first 3 weaves or win a lotto daw by blizz and if youre EU top 20 or 30 lol form my exp i only started to get in as soon as i hit top 20-30, played in multiple top 50-100 guilds in wrath/cata/mop and didnt get in, subbed since BC 2.1
    Please don't post false information...it's irritating and doesn't work that way. It's luck of the draw....lucky if you're drawn...not so lucky if you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Please don't post false information...it's irritating and doesn't work that way. It's luck of the draw....lucky if you're drawn...not so lucky if you're not.
    i dont you monkey inform yoursef better, source beta tester for the 4th expac in a row now .... there are 2 diffrent ways you get it to beta, pre flaged accounts (the top player) and lucky draws were bads (like you) maybe get drawn with a 0.% chance

and if you are from EU your chances smaler even as a top 100 player there for you would need to be higher up cuz the Flaging are done by the US CM team, German CMS cant flag you they need to send a request to the US team as a example
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-07-17 at 07:24 AM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

I have over 1200 days played combined on all characters. Been online and subbed almost every day since very early vanilla. Been in top 600 world mythic raiding guilds for most of the time.

Never gotten into any beta.

The only pattern is if you are a known streamer and some randomness.

The beta has more to do with hyping which is ironic since all streamers are mainly complaining about SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been subbed since vanilla and never received beta.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post

The only pattern is if you are a known streamer
    Which honestly is stupid, how does being a streamer mean they are good testers?

I'd prefer if those sorts of people didn't get an invite and it went to someone that's know to provide bug reports in past tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Which honestly is stupid, how does being a streamer mean they are good testers?

I'd prefer if those sorts of people didn't get an invite and it went to someone that's know to provide bug reports in past tests.
    It's called PR and 50% of the purpose of alpha/beta.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i dont you monkey inform yoursef better, source beta tester for the 4th expac in a row now .... there are 2 diffrent ways you get it to beta, pre flaged accounts (the top player) and lucky draws were bads (like you) maybe get drawn with a 0.% chance

and if you are from EU your chances smaler even as a top 100 player there for you would need to be higher up cuz the Flaging are done by the US CM team, German CMS cant flag you they need to send a request to the US team as a example
    I've opted in for every beta since Cata. I had my first cutting edge on WoD Archimonde, had my first beta access for Legion right after. Same thing happened for BFA a few days after my Argus CE. So as fas as I'm concerned, either it's a huge coincidence, or there's not much luck involved there.
    And I was playing in top 500 world guild. So probably got in after many waves of beta invites.