Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Screen shake on certain abilites since Legion (Video that explains it)

Edit: Mods can delete thread, doesn't seem like it fits on MMO-Champion.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2020-07-16 at 03:56 PM.

I only ever noticed screen shake when huge npc's walked by. Pretty sure this was added in for the action camera support.

I don't see anything. People will complain about anything.

definetly should be a toggle, the new combat text, overbloated ability animations and now screenshake on abilities. It should be toggle-able.

That's enough to make people nauseous? A tiny little camera wiggle?

I agree, all screen shake should probably be toggle-able, even stupidly insignificant amounts of rattle like this.

But that's just unbelievably perplexing to me. It must really suck ass to be the kind of person that has to notice little shit like this and have it bother them enough to make a stink about it. They have my pity.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-07-16 at 02:23 PM.

Crazy how such a tiny effect can impact some people so drastically. I literally never noticed this until this video. Was gonna hop on my DK to see if I could notice it on him, but the realms are down :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I don't see anything. People will complain about anything.
    Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean it doesn't effect others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    But that's just unbelievably perplexing to me. It must really suck ass to be the kind of person that goes out of their way to notice little shit like this and have it bother them enough to make a stink about it. They have my pity.
    Really, y'all? This causes an actual physical reaction for these people and y'all are just going to say they're complaining about tiny things? Kindly fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean it doesn't effect others.
    I know right? How dare people have problems that I don't have!? It's like people with allergies, I don't have allergies so they should stop complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Hi!

Ever since Legions new animations abilites has caused the screen to shake every so slightly (enough for nausea). I've seen several posts about this on the EU and US that has been asking for a command to remove it. There are no addons or command known to disable it.

The shakes mostly affects melee classes but Elemental has on Flame Shock and Earth Shock for example.

Video here is on a Ret Paladin and to explain for you guys and how you can see the screen shake (or wiggle).
    Sorry for my english since it's not my native language.

All I wish for in Shadowlands is to make this optional for the players that still wants it or to remove it.

Thanks in advance!
    I never even noticed it. But it affected you that hard, that you have to make a thread about it every 2 months?^^
    Even in your video you have to zoom in and draw a line to notice it. The moment you move it is probably not noticable at all.

I think that is something you don't activly notic but it gives certain abilities more impact for you subconsciousness

So that's why these abilities felt so different. Weird how a subtle change like that can have such an impact.

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

I never even noticed this and I play a surv hunter/DK/Ret Pala

It's an added effect to make melee fighting more fun. They did it in legion when they changed melee animations.

This is not a problem or an issue or a glitch. Nauseous is a bit dramatic id say.
    I like the change, makes fighting feel more impactful. Rogues probably see the screen thing the most, and demon hunters.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I never even noticed it. But it affected you that hard, that you have to make a thread about it every 2 months?^^
    Even in your video you have to zoom in and draw a line to notice it. The moment you move it is probably not noticable at all.

I think that is something you don't activly notic but it gives certain abilities more impact for you subconsciousness
    I made line for you guys. I notice this very much and it affects my game experience.
    I don't want to whine or annoy people with this, I'm just saying what I'd like to be changed.
    Since Shadowlands is in beta I might just try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I only ever noticed screen shake when huge npc's walked by. Pretty sure this was added in for the action camera support.
    That's a bigger effect yeah. I need to look away during that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    That's enough to make people nauseous? A tiny little camera wiggle?

I agree, all screen shake should probably be toggle-able, even stupidly insignificant amounts of rattle like this.

But that's just unbelievably perplexing to me. It must really suck ass to be the kind of person that has to notice little shit like this and have it bother them enough to make a stink about it. They have my pity.
    No need for anger. It's feedback and a issue I have to deal with.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never noticed this. But your best bet would be trying this in the official forums or reddit since I don't think developers walk into MMO Champion
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I've noticed it, while it doesn't bother me enough that I'd ever seek out how to turn it off but if Mmo-Champ were to post the /script command on the front page and I saw it I would
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-07-16 at 03:03 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I never noticed this. But your best bet would be trying this in the official forums or reddit since I don't think developers walk into MMO Champion
    I know. I've tried and just wanted to share and see if it affects more people, some on forums but not many, which I'm glad it doesn't for them atleast.

Honest question. How can you get nauseated from this tiny shake and not from the movements when you walk and fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Honest question. How can you get nauseated from this tiny shake and not from the movements when you walk and fight?
    Probably because I make the movement myself, I honestly don't know, I wish I did. The nausea has gotten a bit better but after a while it gets worse. It for some reason hurts my eyes, it's probably because I focus on the shake. It's like knowing you have a mosquito bite and you can't scratch it, kinda.

edit: its like head bobbing, I cant deal with that in any games too.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2020-07-16 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    I made line for you guys. I notice this very much and it affects my game experience.
    I don't want to whine or annoy people with this, I'm just saying what I'd like to be changed.
    Since Shadowlands is in beta I might just try.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bigger effect yeah. I need to look away during that.

- - - Updated - - -

No need for anger. It's feedback and a issue I have to deal with.
    If oyu get motion sickness because of it i understand your problem. But this forum will get you nothing. Blizz does not look here.
    Could find anything to help you either. Maybe leatrix plus?

Poor OP must be a vomit comet in VR.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind a toggle for this even if it only seems to affect 0.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Poor OP must be a vomit comet in VR.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind a toggle for this even if it only seems to affect 0.01%

I didn't vomit first time trying it but holy shit i felt awful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If oyu get motion sickness because of it i understand your problem. But this forum will get you nothing. Blizz does not look here.
    Could find anything to help you either. Maybe leatrix plus?

Okey! I didn't realise.

Any mod can delete this thread.