Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is basically the same premise, they just relocated it. You just need a battle.net account. You don't need a blue to confirm. You can try it yourself.
    You needed an active subscription and an account in good standing to get an invite to the alpha proof - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update

You need an active sub to get into the beta but the beta does not need an active sub to be played I would assume like the last 2. My hope was that I would get beta as my time runs out in 3 days the play wow for free until launch haha.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got a mail from blizz.. got me excited for sec until I quickly saw it was the damn hearthstone expansion.

Least the streamers got in that's the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    You needed an active subscription and an account in good standing to get an invite to the alpha proof - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update
    That isn't proof. That is only who Blizzard decided to choose first. It is not required to have an active sub.

80% of Paladin players: "Your new Holy Power change is crap, please remove that!"
    Blizzard: "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALA!"

And when there are suddenly a lot less Paladins with Shadowlands live, they will act totally surprised as always...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Least the streamers got in that's the important thing.
    Can't blame them for advertising.

So the average time to release is 4 months from the switch over to Beta which brings us to what I have been guessing, October 20th or October 27th. It only makes sense based on the theme of the expansion. SPOOOOKY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You need an active sub to get into the beta but the beta does not need an active sub to be played I would assume like the last 2. My hope was that I would get beta as my time runs out in 3 days the play wow for free until launch haha.
    This is actually false, you do not need an active sub. My friend who has not had one since 7.2 got an invite. We are both playing in it, and he has never played BFA.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    This is actually false, you do not need an active sub. My friend who has not had one since 7.2 got an invite. We are both playing in it, and he has never played BFA.
    At the beginning of the beta I am guessing it changes, but I do know you don't need a sub to play the more recent betas which is nice.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They don't want people in the beta that are not going to give feedback so you have to actually want to opt in, I get it from the dev standpoint.
    I don't think doing sign up this way, will cause more people to sign up that are giving feedback. They are giving beta access at random anyway and there is no way to know who will or won't give feedback. On the other side there is lots of feedback being given and completely being ignored. *cough* Shadow Priest *cough*

I have an account and ticked the games I am interested in testing. Now I have to jump through extra hoops and this is a step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    I don't think doing sign up this way, will cause more people to sign up that are giving feedback. They are giving beta access at random anyway and there is no way to know who will or won't give feedback. On the other side there is lots of feedback being given and completely being ignored. *cough* Shadow Priest *cough*

I have an account and ticked the games I am interested in testing. Now I have to jump through extra hoops and this is a step backwards.
    Shadow priest needs to go back to warlords of Draenor style with Shadow orbs fenders and devouring plague as the main focus voidform is retarded and annoying
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal