Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i would say it would be hard to find any mortgage company that is not allowing deferrals right now in the united states.

of course you have to pay it all eventually
    Oh ya but unlike rent pausing it just gets tacked onto the end of your mortgage, and you may end up paying a bit more but by the time you get there it is not really a problem. Rent pausing you are expected to pay it soon as the lock down is done which no one will be able to do.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...eck-nr-vpx.cnn

Florida's governor, Ron DeSantis, who is trying to defend himself in the face of an explosion of new cases and deaths in his state, took the bold move of...blaming the media by saying that they stopped asking him about it in May and they're responsible for public complacency.

Floridians, stay safe, because your government seems uninterested in doing anything to stop you from getting sick.

Bonus points: They brought all the receipts of the ongoing media questions, and the receipts of DeSantis himself talking down the threat of the virus and attacking the media for focusing on it. In May.

sigh.
    the point of wearing a mask is not....oh never mind its only been told a billion times.

Please keep your kids home so all the other kids are safe from them.
    What country do you live in?

In the UK, primary school children aged 10-11 have been attending school for the last six weeks without masks and the daily number of lab-confirmed cases continues to fall.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Florida's governor, Ron DeSantis, who is trying to defend himself in the face of an explosion of new cases and deaths in his state, took the bold move of...blaming the media by saying that they stopped asking him about it in May and they're responsible for public complacency.

Floridians, stay safe, because your government seems uninterested in doing anything to stop you from getting sick.

Bonus points: They brought all the receipts of the ongoing media questions, and the receipts of DeSantis himself talking down the threat of the virus and attacking the media for focusing on it. In May.
    The saddest part is this thing in most cases persists for 6 weeks or more if you get it bad. Mine lasted 3 with the most extreme symptoms just short of hospitalization and I only really started feeling normal 3 weeks after it hit my lungs for a total of almost 7 weeks until I was 100% from the first day I felt my symptoms where I literally could not move and was violently shaking with the chills.

Most people get like 5 days sick time tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yo and then kiddie comes home from school and hugs mommy & daddy and maybe even Granny and Gramps .....
    Yeah, so?

Granny and Gramps are shielding, as they should (kids won't be hugging them).

Mommy & Daddy are prepared to take the risk as their kids' mental health is more important to them than the small risk they have of dying from Covid.

Go, on...

There's folks around here that still don't think the virus is real. One guy keeps trying to convince me that wearing a mask is poisoning your body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yeah, so?

Mommy & Daddy are prepared to take the risk as their kids' mental health is more important to them than the small risk they have of dying from Covid.

Go, on...
    Are mommy and daddy prepared to completely isolate themselves and wear masks when in public then?

Like I egt why asking elementary schoolers to mask up would be difficult, but middle and high schoolers absolutely are mature enough to know better.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2020-07-16 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Are mommy and daddy prepared to completely isolate themselves and wear masks when in public then?
    Completely isolate themselves? Of course not: we're not required to completely isolate ourselves in the UK. Are you?

Wear masks in public: yes, of course.

I wear a mask (and have done since April) when in a confined space e.g., a shop. I don't use public transport, I would wear one if I had to. I would wear one for my benefit and also for those round me.

Why are you trying to flip this?

Edge was arguing about kids wearing masks when attending school. Can't speak for secondary or tertiary education but for primary aged children - that is a fucking ridiculous idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma Gov has corona and he didn't even know it. He feels fine. I might have it, I feel fine. President of Brazil has it, he feels fine and is pissed off he has to stay locked down. Why should the 98% suffer for something that only hurts 2%? Why don't the minority stay home and everyone else goes out and lives as normal?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, so?

Go, on...
    Correct. This is totally over blown nonsense. People at risk stay locked down, everyone else go out. USA and the West needs to stop constantly catering to the minority over the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely isolate themselves? Of course not: we're not required to completely isolate ourselves in the UK. Are you?

Wear masks in public: yes, of course.

I wear a mask (and have done since April) when in a confined space e.g., a shop. I don't use public transport, I would wear one if I had to. I would wear one for my benefit and also for those round me.

Why are you trying to flip this?

Edge was arguing about kids wearing masks when attending school. Can't speak for secondary or tertiary education but for primary aged children - that is a fucking ridiculous idea.
    In the US? yep. my state especially is having a huge outbreak so its "go out only if you absolutely HAVE to, otherwise isolate".

and because its easy for schools to become a new hot spot, even if the kids wont be suffering the worst of the disease.

and kids should. I understand if its difficult for those under 10 (should still try anyways), but above that (5th grade and above here) kids have better understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    There's folks around here that still don't think the virus is real. One guy keeps trying to convince me that wearing a mask is poisoning your body.
    It's real, its just no threat to the vast majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma Gov has corona and he didn't even know it. He feels fine. I might have it, I feel fine. President of Brazil has it, he feels fine and is pissed off he has to stay locked down. Why should the 98% suffer for something that only hurts 2%? Why don't the minority stay home and everyone else goes out and lives as normal?

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. This is totally over blown nonsense. People at risk stay locked down, everyone else go out. USA and the West needs to stop constantly catering to the minority over the majority.
    because its stupidly easy for that 98% to give it to that last 2%. Even then, otherwise healthy people have suffered and died from it, so you'd essentially want to exponentially increase the death rate.

Also, While Im healthy myself, I rather not suffer from potential lung damage or long term affects.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Oh ya but unlike rent pausing it just gets tacked onto the end of your mortgage, and you may end up paying a bit more but by the time you get there it is not really a problem. Rent pausing you are expected to pay it soon as the lock down is done which no one will be able to do.
    well right now they should be if they saved the 600 a week that was supposed to be used for that purpose
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I mean, do I need to link the horror stories of people who haven't felt fine? Do we need to link the increasing data that shows taht, even without a severe case, the virus can lead to longterm health complications?

This kind of nonsense is what's led to nearly 140K Americans dying due to the virus.

NEARLY 140,000 AMERICANS HAVE DIED IN LESS THAN SIX MONTHS TO THIS VIRUS, AND WE WILL BE SURPASSING THAT MILESTONE VERY SOON WITH MANY MORE THOUSANDS TO COME

I'm not sure how people are not processing this information. Do they need to have loved ones dying around them before it sinks in?

My sister works in preschool childcare, and she has no problems getting preschoolers to wear masks. Teachers and caregivers working with primary/elementary school kids don't have an excuse.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

What country do you live in?

In the UK, primary school children aged 10-11 have been attending school for the last six weeks without masks and the daily number of lab-confirmed cases continues to fall.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk
    Good old Murca....

do you have a massive problem with your adults not wearing mask and social distancing?

See the problem is not the kids catching it from other kids really if adults were not the problem to begin with.

Its adults catching it from other adults.. then passing to kids ..then the kids passing to other kids who pass it to adults at home.

Problem is kids are more likely to be the silent carrier than adults.

- - - Updated - - -

Good then give me a list of people whom should stay home by name so i can alert them. I am sure that is real easy I mean there is not thousands of healthy people dying from this virus...nope.. not at all.

BTW 2%? its not just about the people dying. a much larger percent gets sever complications and long lasting effects from the virus most of which we do not even yet know the long term implications of.

You willing to help pay for their future healthcare cost?

Hell we can't even get republicans to help pay for the 2% to stay home.

So the 2% technically have to suffer because of people like you whom think they are expendable.

- - - Updated - - -

So based on your logic, if 51% of the people will live the other 49% must die!

great.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

In the US? yep. my state especially is having a huge outbreak so its "go out only if you absolutely HAVE to, otherwise isolate".
    Great. Well, we've been through that already and no longer have to (Essex, UK 5.8 cases per 100,000). Maybe we'll be locked down again shortly, which I will respect. Until then, nope, I'll be going out.

and because its easy for schools to become a new hot spot, even if the kids wont be suffering the worst of the disease.
    Where's the evidence for this? You can't casually toss out stuff like this without backing it up. At the moment there is little direct evidence to suggest that asymptomatic children are playing a major role in spreading the disease. https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.or...ticle/und0008/

and kids should. I understand if its difficult for those under 10 (should still try anyways), but above that (5th grade and above here) kids have better understanding.
    Nah. I won't be making my kids' lives any harder because you think they should they "try anyways".

- - - Updated - - -

Good old Murca....

do you have a massive problem with your adults not wearing mask and social distancing?
    No, of course not. Where in what I wrote gave you that idea?

I wear a mask in confined public spaces and I respect social distancing, Karen.

See the problem is not the kids catching it from other kids really if adults were not the problem to begin with.

Its adults catching it from other adults.. then passing to kids ..then the kids passing to other kids who pass it to adults at home.

Problem is kids are more likely to be the silent carrier than adults.
    Provide some peer-reviewed studies and I'll take what you have to say seriously, if you can't I won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Well, we've been through that already and no longer have to (Essex, UK 5.8 cases per 100,000). Maybe we'll be locked down again shortly, which I will respect. Until then, nope, I'll be going out.

Where's the evidence for this? You can't casually toss out stuff like this without backing it up. At the moment there is little direct evidence to suggest that asymptomatic children are playing a major role in spreading the disease. https://coronavirusexplained.ukri.or...ticle/und0008/

Nah. I won't be making my kids' lives any harder because you think they should they "try anyways".
    well given you were siding with the anti maskers in Utah, in the US which is having a problem, dont be suprised when Americans push back on such attitudes.

There's always that Israel study. Other articles have basically been "we don't know, not enough evidence", but the flu really does certainly tend to get around and I rather be safe that sorry if its similar to that.

GUYS the lurbal media is not reporting deaths....they are going down down down...

Trump should have been careful what he wished for because the flood is coming and the media is going to ram that home and use every one of his tweets and video's against him and his followers.

Sad part is, it was so easily predictable they would have just listened.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/16/...tt-face-masks/

COVID-19 Deaths Hit New High In Texas As Governor Abbott Urges The Use Of Face Masks

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-surge/614122/

A Second Coronavirus Death Surge Is Coming
    There was always a logical explanation for why cases rose through the end of June while deaths did not.

The deaths are also not happening in an unpredictable amount of time after the new outbreaks emerged. Simply look at the curves yourself. Cases began to rise on June 16; a week later, hospitalizations began to rise. Two weeks after that—21 days after cases rose—states began to report more deaths. That’s the exact number of days that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated from the onset of symptoms to the reporting of a death.

There was always a logical, simple explanation for why cases and hospitalizations rose through the end of June while deaths did not: It takes a while for people to die of COVID-19 and for those deaths to be reported to authorities.

“Cases have stabilized over the past two weeks, with the daily average case rate across the U.S. dropping to 20,000—down from 30,000 in April and 25,000 in May,” Pence wrote. In the month since Pence made this assertion, the seven-day average of cases has tripled. Several individual states have reported more than 10,000 cases in a day, and Florida alone reported 15,000 cases, more than any state had before, on an absolute or per capita basis.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I wear a mask in confined public spaces and I respect social distancing, Karen.
    The real Karen is the one who's all mad they and their kids have to wear masks and they don't want to.

That's you btw.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future