Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Now I know you read Danish... and I know you are capable of reading both sides of that page.

Why is it you are ignoring the information right there in front of you? You aren't a science denier are you?
    ......And as I pointed out before: TRADITIONAL SEASONS. It's TRADITIONAL to use 1/12 to 28(29)/2 as winter. Tradition, as in the most used way.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    ......And as I pointed out before: TRADITIONAL SEASONS. It's TRADITIONAL to use 1/12 to 28(29)/2 as winter. Tradition, as in the most used way.
    I guess you have decided to ignore that Blizzard isn't a Danish software company and 'traditional' is one country is not tradition somewhere else, which means they have to go a different route... meaning a uniform standard... thus the scientific definition. But hey, flap your arms all you want... it isn't going change to suit your wishes.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    In just under a day we go from:

to

6 months sub now brings us well into January 2021. After this announcement it seems unlikely we're getting Shadowlands this fall.
    In my language your name literally means "asshat".
    Pun intended?

How is this 15 pages long? Just a week or two ago, they specifically said "will release this fall" in that news update, so it's october/november, since december would be more "this holidays".
    If it was actually 2021 or late december, they'd stated "holidays" or would've said it's gonna delay instead of specifically stating "this fall" for the x'th time

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You keep saying "Blizzard delays" but where's the proof it's happening?
    Im sure you are aware that as far back as TBC, which was delayed, and as recently as major wow patches/raids and even their latest release - War 3 : refunded have all been delayed.

If you are asking for proof that SL is being delayed, only time will tell - if it does happen, it will be VERY late in the piece before they publicly announce the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They said the same about TBC as well, then delayed it until early the next year.

Anyway, plenty of people believe it will be #SL2021 - they have the perfect excuse as well with Covid19, so if they are at all struggling with releasing by their planned date, they can easily just say "oh, we need to ensure the BEST product is released bla bla bla corporate lies bla bla because of COVID bla bla" and then still release the same broken version anyway.

They also said on stream that the first tier of raids would include exciting and dynamic traits that would change the way we play, and not to worry about the ones shown in beta, they were just placeholders.
    This is true due to world events right now is the perfect excuse Activision would use to push this back a couple more months.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    How is this 15 pages long? J
    I guess because people like yourself keep adding their 2c? I am only aware of them saying "this fall" once, previously it was "December 31st". I am only aware of them stating the "fall" window once, not countless times like you suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    This is true due to world events right now is the perfect excuse Activision would use to push this back a couple more months.
    Thats the only argument people are making - they have a perfectly viable, and for most people, acceptable reason for a delay, so in the past where they were all at their desks and could be heavily micromanaged and pushed into a crunch to ensure they meet a release date, this really isnt the case with current events.

Personally, i would be happy if they delayed it until early 2021 if that meant they spent more time on the classes - some in particular need a lot of work. My concern is that they will take the easy way out, as they have previously:

"Community feedback has shown us that the current iteration of the Shadow Priest is not meeting the high standards our fans expect from us. Unfortunately, this will require a major rework, and we are not comfortable delaying the release of the entire expansion for one spec. Instead, we have slotted 9.1 for a major rework of the SP."

followed by the 9.1 patch notes:

"All Spriest damage has been increased by 15%"

Im sure you are aware that as far back as TBC, which was delayed, and as recently as major wow patches/raids and even their latest release - War 3 : refunded have all been delayed.

If you are asking for proof that SL is being delayed, only time will tell - if it does happen, it will be VERY late in the piece before they publicly announce the delay.
    I know TBC and WC3R were delayed but those are two products out of, what dozens? That's not proof.
    Could you remind me which patches/raids were delayed recently? Ones that had announcements of being delayed.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I know TBC and WC3R were delayed but those are two products out of, what dozens? That's not proof.
    Could you remind me which patches/raids were delayed recently? Ones that had announcements of being delayed.
    You asked for proof, i gave you proof, and you immediately dismissed it because it isnt a high enough percentage of their games. Go check in the mirror real quick, your agenda is showing.

Technically 8.3 was "delayed" because they did not want to release the raid right before the holidays. They never used the word "delay" but it was implied in the post they wanted to release it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Technically 8.3 was "delayed" because they did not want to release the raid right before the holidays. They never used the word "delay" but it was implied in the post they wanted to release it sooner.
    Yeah it certainly was delayed, but it was by choice, which is what we are actually talking about. If people read through the thread (unlikely) what im saying is that i believe SL will be ready to release by the end of the year, however, it will be too late for them to release it on a date that works for Blizzard, or raiders.

Yeah it certainly was delayed, but it was by choice, which is what we are actually talking about. If people read through the thread (unlikely) what im saying is that i believe SL will be ready to release by the end of the year, however, it will be too late for them to release it on a date that works for Blizzard, or raiders.
    I think they'll get it out nov 10, regardless of being ready. It matches with other testing periods

I think they'll get it out nov 10, regardless of being ready. It matches with other testing periods
    I agree that is probably the LATEST date they would be comfortable releasing it, i just hope that if its not ready, they delay it.

I agree that is probably the LATEST date they would be comfortable releasing it, i just hope that if its not ready, they delay it.
    Well, we shall see, doubt it will be too much longer, maybe a month or so, before we get a date. They know people need to take time off and uh.... right now in the US it can be kind of hard lol.

Again, Activision does NOT MAKE ANY DECISIONS REGARDING BLIZZARD GAMES. The decision on game release comes from Blizzard Entertainment and Blizzard only.

WC3R. Patch 8.3. Two examples right there. I'm waiting for your mental gymnastics to move the posts again.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was up to Activision then it would be released if it was broken. It gives blizzard the opportunity to release major patch with the fixes marketed as "we listen to our players"

This is what the publishers are about. Releasing games in unfinished form so they can sell you the parts that should have been there already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why is it always the most nonsensical threads always get the most posts?

They said just this week that it would release in Fall 2020.
    No one is denying that, but as people have said multiple times - many AAA games are suffering delays, missing release windows, moving release dates etc. Most are saying the lockdowns and world events are to blame, and that seems entirely believable.

You asked for proof, i gave you proof, and you immediately dismissed it because it isnt a high enough percentage of their games. Go check in the mirror real quick, your agenda is showing.
    Wait I think we're misunderstanding each other. My first comment was asking for proof that a delay was happening for Shadowlands, not that it happens in general. I'm sorry we weren't on the same page here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    WC3R. Patch 8.3. Two examples right there. I'm waiting for your mental gymnastics to move the posts again.
    Why do you and the other poster say 8.3 was delayed when it wasn't stated by Blizzard? That's sort of why I included in my comment "Ones that had announcements of being delayed.". It's hard to claim something is delayed when it was never official.
    Do you see everything you disagree with as "mental gymnastics"? It doesn't help the conversation to think that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Anywhere around here they'll tell you the Astronomical dates, everything is based around those dates.
    And from where I'm from you would be called a dumbass for saying fall runs until december 21st.

This arguement is moot since only ion/blizz knows what they mean. Wait til an actual date is announced.