3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    sorry I thought you said that the npc was marked as neutral

but as I was saying she could return, she already worked together with the blood elves
    wasn't she flirting with a human (ugh) in TBC?

unless they make it so the human is a Lordaeronian and he compromises by pledging to the Argents instead of the Alliance
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    wasn't she flirting with a human (ugh) in TBC?

unless they make it so the human is a Lordaeronian and he compromises by pledging to the Argents instead of the Alliance
    no, but I do think that a human was in love with her

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I actually think of that a lot tbh. It's entirely possible many young elves only knew Dalaran by reason of being born there, I also think it would have been a rite of passage to go to Quel'thalas at a point in their lives, to know "the homeland". Maybe some would still chose to remain in Dalaran, maybe some would re-settle to QT. Nonetheless, it's highly unlikely that in 3k years of living in the city there weren't elven births in the city, so then it truly becomes the question of what would these elves see as their true home? Dalaran or Quel'thalas?

And I mean, the fact that ultimately like 10% of the remaining thalassians didn't become Blood Elves, it could certainly imply this was the case for a number of them, now represented by the neutral and SC population of Dalaran.
    Yeah, I can definitely imagine many families of Dalaran elves took regular trips back to "the Old Country". I know many Irish families living in England, for example, spend the summers back in Ireland and it could well have been the same of Quel'dorei Kirin Tor.

And it seems, inversely, (if Kael's life is anything to go by) that Dalaran was something of a New York or London (or maybe Oxford/Cambridge) for young high elves, an exciting and diverse place where studious and adventure-craving youngsters could spend time away from home getting world experience, honing their skills and trying new things.

sorry I thought you said that the npc was marked as neutral

but as I was saying she could return, she already worked together with the blood elves
    She could, yeah... But since she has also worked with the alliance, she could remain alliance even more easily.

But also by that logic, we then could point out to every Blood Elf that worked with the alliance during the Class halls as deciding to join the Alliance, which I don't think we should; cause pointing out which NPC's were part of neutral organizations doesn't, and shouldn't, mean they would join the opposite faction they have previously been on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Yeah, I can definitely imagine many families of Dalaran elves took regular trips back to "the Old Country". I know many Irish families living in England, for example, spend the summers back in Ireland and it could well have been the same of Quel'dorei Kirin Tor.

And it seems, inversely, (if Kael's life is anything to go by) that Dalaran was something of a New York or London (or maybe Oxford/Cambridge) for young high elves, an exciting and diverse place where studious and adventure-craving youngsters could spend time away from home getting world experience, honing their skills and trying new things.
    Agreed 100%

- - - Updated - - -

On different news, finally ported the Human male hairstyles into the VE model.

Note, this is all very clumsily done; I am very inexperienced when it comes to animation so basically I just created a mock skeleton for the head and dropped the hairstyles there -so then they follow the pose of the model- and with very minimal editing so it took like an afternoon overall -think the most editting I made was adding the VE nape to some hairstyles and remapping the bangles to use the VE bangle texture.

Didn't add the Hairstyles that already came from BE or already have a VE equivalent (foxtail) or the bald ones. Cause if I didn't spent enough time on the hairlines already, less so would on half bald head hairlines XD, and would anyone want them?
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2020-07-16 at 10:52 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    no, but I do think that a human was in love with her
    he was in love with her because she winks at him
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

he was in love with her because she winks at him
    or is he just imagining it

10+ Year Old Account

Note, this is all very clumsily done; I am very inexperienced when it comes to animation so basically I just created a mock skeleton for the head and dropped the hairstyles there -so then they follow the pose of the model- and with very minimal editing so it took like an afternoon overall -think the most editting I made was adding the VE nape to some hairstyles and remapping the bangles to use the VE bangle texture.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5wdqZS4.png[/IM]

Didn't add the Hairstyles that already came from BE or already have a VE equivalent (foxtail) or the bald ones. Cause if I didn't spent enough time on the hairlines already, less so would on half bald head hairlines XD, and would anyone want them?
    I'm digging 2 and 6!

I don't have money to sub for Shadowlands but yeah, Avaros Dawnglaive doesn't look like a Blood Knight for me, though he is dressed as a post-WC2 and pre-Scourging non-Alliance High Elf like Thalorien

edit: Blood Knight wth
    I mean I do remember they had made him a member of the silver hand, but after players pointed out how little sense it made, they changed where he stood:

So like, he is most likely still a Blood Knight regardless of how he dresses, since the Blood Elven order of Paladins are the Blood Knights, and even if he isn't a Blood Knight, there's really no way of knowing if he as a paladin before the Fall, or became one one by the time of Legion? Hard to know, and IMO it is kinda moot. All this might tell us is that, at most, he is a BE paladin that doesn't consider himself a Blood Knight, but not much about his origin beyond speculation.

Honestly? For me is just an issue created by making the class trainers members of the Class Orders, so they look like class order NPC's -I can't remember their names, but some Silver Hand BE npcs that help you in Stratholme use this armor if I'm remembering correctly-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I'm digging 2 and 6!
    Ah! are you counting

1-2
    3-4
    5-6
    7-8
    9-10

Or

1-6
    2-7
    3-8
    4-9
    5-10

XD!!

Nonetheless, I think the first one and the ponytail are my favorites.

3+ Year Old Account
    I mean I do remember they had made him a member of the silver hand, but after players pointed out how little sense it made, they changed where he stood:

So like, he is most likely still a Blood Knight regardless of how he dresses, since the Blood Elven order of Paladins are the Blood Knights, and even if he isn't a Blood Knight, there's really no way of knowing if he as a paladin before the Fall, or became one one by the time of Legion? Hard to know, and IMO it is kinda moot. All this might tell us is that, at most, he is a BE paladin that doesn't consider himself a Blood Knight, but not much about his origin beyond speculation.

Honestly? For me is just an issue created by making the class trainers members of the Class Orders, so they look like class order NPC's -I can't remember their names, but some Silver Hand BE npcs that help you in Stratholme use this armor if I'm remembering correctly
    I actually preferred him having an Argent Crusade at least a non-Alliance Silver Hand offshoot banner, at least it actually reinforces the idea of neutral Silver Hand Paladins that aren't Blood Knights like Arator (he's Alliance actually but you get the point) going back to Quel'thalas

but yes I do agree on the last part you said

I just gotta drop in to say that the new Blood Elf options should have all been given to the Alliance. It's just High Elf/Silver Covenant aesthetic stuff. Blizzard: true High Elf fans will never enjoy playing Horde. Just stop trying to subvert the good story Metzen told.

She could, yeah... But since she has also worked with the alliance, she could remain alliance even more easily.

But also by that logic, we then could point out to every Blood Elf that worked with the alliance during the Class halls as deciding to join the Alliance, which I don't think we should; cause pointing out which NPC's were part of neutral organizations doesn't, and shouldn't, mean they would join the opposite faction they have previously been on.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed 100%

- - - Updated - - -

This looks amazing! Do you think you could also do the new Human hairstyles too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    This looks amazing! Do you think you could also do the new Human hairstyles too?
    Thank you! But as far as new hairstyles go, Don't have beta so I cant!!

But if someone could export the new hairstyles as .obj with initial pose only in WMV I could work with that!

- - - Updated - - -

I actually preferred him having an Argent Crusade at least a non-Alliance Silver Hand offshoot banner, at least it actually reinforces the idea of neutral Silver Hand Paladins that aren't Blood Knights like Arator (he's Alliance actually but you get the point) going back to Quel'thalas

but yes I do agree on the last part you said
    Yeh, tbh I think they dropped the ball a bit by making The Silver Hand go so readily back to the Alliance during BfA. I do like the idea of class organizations being neutral, so maybe it should have never been the Silver Hand on the first place :/

Thank you! But as far as new hairstyles go, Don't have beta so I cant!!

But if someone could export the new hairstyles as .obj with initial pose only in WMV I could work with that!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh, tbh I think they dropped the ball a bit by making The Silver Hand go so readily back to the Alliance during BfA. I do like the idea of class organizations being neutral, so maybe it should have never been the Silver Hand on the first place :/
    Well I will keep my fingers crossed that you get beta so you have access to all the models to play with!

Note, this is all very clumsily done; I am very inexperienced when it comes to animation so basically I just created a mock skeleton for the head and dropped the hairstyles there -so then they follow the pose of the model- and with very minimal editing so it took like an afternoon overall -think the most editing I made was adding the VE nape to some hairstyles and remapping the bangles to use the VE bangle texture.

Human hairstyles on high elves would be a great way to reflect their integration into Alliance culture and give them something distinct from blood elves.

That being said... I think all hairstyles should be available to every race.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Human hairstyles on high elves would be a great way to reflect their integration into Alliance culture and give them something distinct from blood elves.
    Indeed; be it as Void Elves or High Elves, either is closer to humans culturally -but tbh it works perfectly for NB and Belves

That being said... I think all hairstyles should be available to every race.
    Also most certainly agree. Honestly? Hairstyles should work like a separate geoset and much like 3D helms do -with physics-like Lor'themar and Valeera's hair.

That way every hairstyle is literally just a "helm" that's made to fit each race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Well I will keep my fingers crossed that you get beta so you have access to all the models to play with!
    Thank you! ! Fingers crossed hehe!

Yes gimme some balding elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Yes gimme some balding elves!
    Hhaha I might! I do have to fix the shoulder weight on my manequin so the hair looks like it's falling on the shoulder first!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    He looks good! But... kinda looks like he woke up in a hurry and forgot to put on his pants. :P
    Lol. Thanks! Im tempted to post his other outfits...
    I freaking love that velfs will have a bunch of skin tones to chose from. I still like the purple skin tones, even thought its over represented on Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I have this dream, and this dream has happened since I was like 15. That I wake up, and are going to work, or any other kind of thing we normally do. Without knowing that I don't have pants on.
    Then you lucid dream the ending where you strut around like it was a purposely done fashion statement.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah! are you counting

1-2
    3-4
    5-6
    7-8
    9-10

Or

1-6
    2-7
    3-8
    4-9
    5-10

XD!!

Nonetheless, I think the first one and the ponytail are my favorites.
    I went with the counting method in bold! xD

So, yeah, I really like the ponytail and the Conan long, straight hair next to the dwarfy pigtails one!

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys,
    I'm new here. I really love the Queldorei.

I did this hair, I would like an opinion on it.
    I think the idea of ​​dreads is really cool, but with the elegance of Quel'dorei.

ibb.co/m9N27h7