Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In one word: Internetz

As this thread proves, people will jump at any chance to stir up shit.

As I said before....and what IF Shadowlands releases in January 2021? Are ppl gonna sue Blizzard? Sure..we will get all these "Epic fail...OMFG...the world ends" threads....but honestly...we will get them anyhow. They will just be "OMFG...SL is so rushed, if only they took more time"
    No matter when Blizzard releases there will be three groups...

Group 1) Blizzard cant do anything right, they released this trash too soon, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Group 2) Blizzard cant do anything right, they took too long to release this trash, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

and
    Group 3) The people that are looking forward to new content and start playing the hell out of it and dont care what Group 1 or 2 say or think.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In one word: Internetz

As this thread proves, people will jump at any chance to stir up shit.

As I said before....and what IF Shadowlands releases in January 2021? Are ppl gonna sue Blizzard? Sure..we will get all these "Epic fail...OMFG...the world ends" threads....but honestly...we will get them anyhow. They will just be "OMFG...SL is so rushed, if only they took more time"
    I'm sure some people in countries that have laws for it will request refunds that they couldn't get before and blizzard wouldn't have a leg to stand on denying them. Nothing much more than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Most people don't know that, most people are ignorant, most companies don't say things that most people wouldn't know. Just because you know a fun fact that Dec 21st is technically the end of Fall does not mean the whole world does. Most people are in 6 feet of snow by then. 4 days before Christmas... I doubt they meant it is all im saying.
    That's your counter argument!?

Let me tell you what most people have now, the internet. They didnt need to know that all they had to do was a simple google search.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Autumn is the same as fall. And the dates are the same across the world regardless of the country or the translation of the word. Yes, usually people consider December to be winter already, but people also sometimes consider May to be Summer and February to be Spring sometimes based on what weather there is.

Again, none of this matters since SL has an official "possible latest release date" already and it's December 2020.
    Because I needed to know I googled it and came up with this as the top result, which really clears up any confusion. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...s-autumn-start

Suggests astronomical and meteorological definitions that are separate. What I've known my entire life and was taught in school was the latter, which is probably also why I've only really met people who look at it the same, same education system.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    No matter when Blizzard releases there will be three groups...

Group 1) Blizzard cant do anything right, they released this trash too soon, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Group 2) Blizzard cant do anything right, they took too long to release this trash, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

and
    Group 3) The people that are looking forward to new content and start playing the hell out of it and dont care what Group 1 or 2 say or think.
    You are missing group 4(the one you are in): Anyone who hs complaints about the game are group 1 and 2, i meanwhile think i am in group 3 while actually in group 4 who defends the game no matter what and probably thinks BFA was a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    They should have said Q4. It would have solved the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Canada. Winter appears "really" before 21 december. However, this definition may vary from country to country. Using the formal definition of the fall season (which is the good way because it is based on astronomical events) is the most neutral way Blizzard can go. But no, Blizzard cannot win...jeez.
    This is kind of like how in Alabama Summer Starts in April and Lasts until The Last 3rd week in october.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    You are missing group 4(the one you are in): Anyone who hs complaints about the game are group 1 and 2, i meanwhile think i am in group 3 while actually in group 4 who defends the game no matter what and probably thinks BFA was a good expansion.
    That group just exists in your head because you can't fathom someone can just be having a good time while still wanting to discuss the game with others.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Why are you being purposely ignorant?

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/meteo...omical-seasons

Both are correct.

By Meteorological reckoning winter starts on December 1st. By Astronomical reckoning it starts on winter solstice.
    It makes no sense by meteorological reckoning, because it depends the place you're. For example, fall ended May 31 in Australia.

All this stupid debate comes from the stupid way anglo-saxons have to measure things. Why not use quarters of a year instead? Because they didn't even were aware of that bias, the same way that some poeple short-circuit when you say them taht Christmas it's not always on winter.

The mere moment you go international, using seasons as time measure is stupid, because:
    1.- They are in reverse one half of the globe to the other.
    2.- Some places have not noticeable seasons, in the way of classical seasons. If you go too close to the Equator or the poles, the change is barely noticeable. And even at the same latitude, climate may vary: Madrid is at the same latitude than New York and meteorological seasons aren't even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I've 'defended' this expansion or called it 'good' then you should be able to show me where I've said these things... Do tell... (I'm really looking forward to this).

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

You guys are arguing as if anyone knows anything anymore. If someone actually wanted to know what the dates are for fall, they would Google it.

And by the way, if you are in the U.S. and you did get educated (which Ion was), you would know the dates before the Google search. You don't need to have a PhD to know when the fucking seasons begin and end.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It makes no sense by meteorological reckoning, because it depends the place you're. For example, fall ended May 31 in Australia.

All this stupid debate comes from the stupid way anglo-saxons have to measure things. Why not use quarters of a year instead? Because they didn't even were aware of that bias, the same way that some poeple short-circuit when you say them taht Christmas it's not always on winter.

The mere moment you go international, using seasons as time measure is stupid, because:
    1.- They are in reverse one half of the globe to the other.
    2.- Some places have not noticeable seasons, in the way of classical seasons. If you go too close to the Equator or the poles, the change is barely noticeable. And even at the same latitude, climate may vary: Madrid is at the same latitude than New York and meteorological seasons aren't even close.
    It makes even less sense with American reckoning, because all the same issues come up + more. If you look at day/night cycle 21st of December is the exact middle of Winter.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL in Western NY, fall ends in October. If its not snowing by Halloween something is wrong. To me, winter is from October/November to April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    Maybe it's just the Alaska in me talking, but anything after Halloween is generally considered winter around here. Sort of surprised me that Fall officially runs halfway through winter.
    I feel you! In Western NY, the Great Lakes are the determining factor for our climate. Winter, like you, begins here the end of October and runs roughly through April.
    Horde always.

Its coming out in November. So stop worrying about December.

[QUOTE=Baine;52502988]They should have said Q4. It would have solved the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

except 1st quarter starts Feb 1st. not Jan 1st. theres a whole extra month of play using your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So if I've 'defended' this expansion or called it 'good' then you should be able to show me where I've said these things... Do tell... (I'm really looking forward to this).
    Define Probably: almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

Meaning based off of the way you act aka not 100%. I do not have to prove that you defended BFA because i never made the claim that you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    That group just exists in your head because you can't fathom someone can just be having a good time while still wanting to discuss the game with others.
    Much like the other groups exists in his head which was more or less the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Using the formal definition of the fall season (which is the good way because it is based on astronomical events) is the most neutral way Blizzard can go. But no, Blizzard cannot win...jeez.
    It is not the formal definition. It is one definition of several. The astronomical definition might be the most common in North America (though I have my doubts because it was Americans that introduced me to the 'calendar' definition), but it's not necessarily so elsewhere (even if we don't count the places that don't have a 'fall' season).

And how do people who insit on the astronomical seasons reconcile 'midsummer's day' being the solstice with summer running from the solstice to the equinox? Likewise for midwinter's day? It can't be mid-winter and the end of Fall.

3+ Year Old Account
    As has been said, in North America Winter starts on the 21st of December, mean for two thirds of December it is Fall/ Autumn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define Probably: almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell.

Meaning based off of the way you act aka not 100%. I do not have to prove that you defended BFA because i never made the claim that you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Much like the other groups exists in his head which was more or less the point.
    you DID say.

Now, are you wanting to say you didn't say it? or are you now trying to get out of defending your claim? I'm still waiting on where I have defended the game no matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellows View Post
    I think if Shadowlands ships anywhere between September 1 - December 21, then they've technically honored their statement since that would cover all time for either way of defining 'Fall'. Personally, I've always thought of fall in line with the Solstice, but maybe I'm not the common case. That's what I was taught growing up, but that was in the early 80s.

I hope they release early November or right after Thanksgiving in the US, so that there is less interference with holidays.
    If it gets released in that window it will go from being a Fall release to being a FAIL release... that is too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    Maybe it's just the Alaska in me talking, but anything after Halloween is generally considered winter around here. Sort of surprised me that Fall officially runs halfway through winter.
    same and im Uk. though i am northern, tends to be mid nov is "winter" as far as im concerned.