Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should've been like this a long time ago.

The argument can be made that's it's prestige on a particular character and a mastery of said class during arena during any particular season. Extending it to all your characters effectively devalues that accomplishment and essentially people would just roll FOTM to obtain gladiator titles on characters they might not necessarily want.

The above argument was the initial reasoning I'm sure of it, but it's not necessarily a good one. Lots of people simply buy gladiator titles these days devaluing the prestige that existed anyway and others just roll FOTM anyways because they would rather have an easier time getting a mount/title for the accomplishment of getting it, even if it's locked on a singular character. Basically there's no real argument because people buy the titles on characters they want, really good players can get it on any character or multiple characters they want, and others don't give two flying shits about it being on a single character and roll for any advantage they can get. For lots they would rather take the easier road to gladiator and the accomplishment of getting it, which means any advantage possible.

I'll repeat something that's been echoed in this thread and my previous point too. No player capable of getting gladiator cares about rerolling or not. It's literally not a barrier or a deterrent. Nobody sits there deciding to reroll or not on the basis of a mount being locked to an individual character. You're either good enough to get it on multiple characters or classes that suck that particular season, you reroll, or you fall into a category where you only do arena on seasons that your class you enjoy is strong and you like mounts and are somewhat good at PvP. This whole game at the competitive level is literally jumping around classes with reckless abandon for any small competitive advantage you can get (whether it be class changes or race changes).

One can make a parallel to PvE progression as well. End of raid mounts are account wide and while certainly more accessible to a wider range of players than the PvP mounts, there's still some prestige behind it. PvE players just like PvP players will often gravitate towards which classes are strong for a particular tier to aide in progression, except in PvE the mounts are account wide. Lots of people who PvE also can't multi-class either, so why should Jimmy the DH who got a mount for completing high end PvE progression be granted access to the same mount on his dipshit mage who he's terrible on?

Skills don't translate to other characters for sure. Not everybody can multi-class effectively and there are people who were good during a particular time frame, who are pretty bad in both PvP or even PvE during today's standards. Realistically I see no reason to limit these mounts to a particular character anymore, especially when some people might have moved on from that character ages ago. The PvE-PvP comparison, even if it's not completely the same is still a decent argument, and I see no reason why gladiator mount's can't be account wide.

A bit of a bias interpretation on my part, but I can't wait to use my armored netherdrake that I got on my rogue on my DK. I swapped mains to DK as soon as it released and had to literally go get more gladiator mounts on my DK because I couldn't take my netherdrake with me, which is one of my favorite mounts on a class I no longer play.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDb View Post
    I have the furious one :/, man we got played on that expansion on glad mounts .Better than mop/wod ones i guess :'D
    Yeah true - well time to get more glad mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

The argument can be made that's it's prestige on a particular character and a mastery of said class during arena during any particular season. Extending it to all your characters effectively devalues that accomplishment and essentially people would just roll FOTM to obtain gladiator titles on characters they might not necessarily want.

The above argument was the initial reasoning I'm sure of it, but it's not necessarily a good one. Lots of people simply buy gladiator titles these days devaluing the prestige that existed anyway and others just roll FOTM anyways because they would rather have an easier time getting a mount/title for the accomplishment of getting it, even if it's locked on a singular character. Basically there's no real argument because people buy the titles on characters they want, really good players can get it on any character or multiple characters they want, and others don't give two flying shits about it being on a single character and roll for any advantage they can get. For lots they would rather take the easier road to gladiator and the accomplishment of getting it, which means any advantage possible.

I'll repeat something that's been echoed in this thread and my previous point too. No player capable of getting gladiator cares about rerolling or not. It's literally not a barrier or a deterrent. Nobody sits there deciding to reroll or not on the basis of a mount being locked to an individual character. You're either good enough to get it on multiple characters or classes that suck that particular season, you reroll, or you fall into a category where you only do arena on seasons that your class you enjoy is strong and you like mounts and are somewhat good at PvP. This whole game at the competitive level is literally jumping around classes with reckless abandon for any small competitive advantage you can get (whether it be class changes or race changes).

One can make a parallel to PvE progression as well. End of raid mounts are account wide and while certainly more accessible to a wider range of players than the PvP mounts, there's still some prestige behind it. PvE players just like PvP players will often gravitate towards which classes are strong for a particular tier to aide in progression, except in PvE the mounts are account wide. Lots of people who PvE also can't multi-class either, so why should Jimmy the DH who got a mount for completing high end PvE progression be granted access to the same mount on his dipshit mage who he's terrible on?

Skills don't translate to other characters for sure. Not everybody can multi-class effectively and there are people who were good during a particular time frame, who are pretty bad in both PvP or even PvE during today's standards. Realistically I see no reason to limit these mounts to a particular character anymore, especially when some people might have moved on from that character ages ago. The PvE-PvP comparison, even if it's not completely the same is still a decent argument, and I see no reason why gladiator mount's can't be account wide.

A bit of a bias interpretation on my part, but I can't wait to use my armored netherdrake that I got on my rogue on my DK. I swapped mains to DK as soon as it released and had to literally go get more gladiator mounts on my DK because I couldn't take my netherdrake with me, which is one of my favorite mounts on a class I no longer play.
    This is spot on. From another older player that pushed my ass off in season 1 for the gladiator mount(I really just wanted 310% speed which was 330% on my holy paladin when you could only buy up to 280% flight in TBC) all the changes to account wide everything and that flight speed being purchasable it seemed odd that such old rewards were locked to characters from 13 years ago when PvE raid rewards weren't. I quit WoW mid season 2 for school, came back in Wrath and decided I wanted to tank instead of heal and started to main a DK which has remained my favourite class for aesthetics alone.

The older I've become the less competitive I am and haven't ever had the desire to push Arena rating after losing most of my Vanilla/TBC friends(we only had server friend lists back then and a lot of people disappeared from my original server during my downtime from the game). This is something I've been waiting years for so I can finally enjoy my favourite mount that I earned 13 years ago.

What's next, I can ride DK class mount on my rogue. By their logic, it's gonna happen.

I also want to transmog my MoP Challenge sets on other classes that can equip the material. IE, rogue set on a druid.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-07-16 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    What's next, I can ride DK class mount on my rogue. By their logic, it's gonna happen.

I also want to transmog my MoP Challenge sets on other classes that can equip the material. IE, rogue set on a druid.
    nice slippery slope argument. If you want to try to discuss stuff on the internet learn about logical fallacies so you don't make stupid comments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There are just 200 people in the US on pace to get the current gladiator title, whatever it is called. The fact they're making content for 200 players, maybe 1000 if you take all regions into consideration, is absurd
    This change is for anyone that ever earned a gladiator mount ever.. so your math is a little off.

It's always funny to read the complaints about changes like this. Blizzard could send everyone a free pizza and there'd be a 20 page thread here in an hour, half complaining there's not enough cheese and the other half saying it's "typical Blizz" to only get pepperoni on top.

Kind wish they'd do that for character specific titles too. I want to main swap but it sucks losing my mistwalker title :\

10+ Year Old Account
    13 years later..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post

Do you have a working fkn brain, man?

It's in moments like these that entitlement issues become apparent.

Just look at all the screechers now demanding they get access to CM sets they never obtained (even though the sets you DID obtain, are already account-wide) or throwing fits because something's done for elite PVPers for once...

Not to mention the sufferers of severe ex-partner syndrome still posting about how shit the game is, desperately hoping that someone, ANYONE, agrees and thus validates their feefees.

This is a nice change. I have no Gladiator mount, probably never will, but I'm glad for those that do and wanted this to happen.

Never dabbled very far in arena. Maybe a few hours a week here and there every with some friends. it's a lot of fun until I hit the wall of seasoned players like I usually do, for us casuall PvP'ers it can be a nail biting thrill ride and a great change of scenery. I remember being a nab running around Outland and looking at awe at people with prestige mounts and sets. All that is part of the appeal

Maybe you lost that awe and sense of whoa after years of fortifying your displeased disposition, but for a measly couple lines of code I wouldn't mind seeing it around more often. Those PEOPLE playing those accounts achieved something pretty cool and noteworthy. I really don't see this as pandering nor would I feel jealous of a miniscule more amount of prestige being visible again.

Awww you guys are so cute, excited that you get to ride your pretty ponies together. Imagine believing a video game holds prestige.

It's surprising that the gladiators themselves want this change. This devalues mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK now let me unlock all my GM/HWL Transmogs from getting Commander Rank on my warrior in Vanilla

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair it is hard to fotm reroll and leave all the results of your 'hard work' behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    OK now let me unlock all my GM/HWL Transmogs from getting Commander Rank on my warrior in Vanilla
    GM/HWL mog was killed of with the cheap replicas for 1800 RBG rating. One of the cruelest jokes from blizzard to compare 4+ consecutive months of 16h+ a day playtime with ONE single hour of RBG.

Kudos to all GM/HWL players that did it the old way and not just cheesed it in 2 weeks end of vanilla and still not quit the game with the 1800 RBG change. Blizzard is treating PVP the same way since 15 years - as an afterthought and if the community makes it work, they make sure they take at least the prestige away even if it effects just a very small minority of players. PVP is allways just a joke for blizzard and the community gets reminded with changes like these.
    -

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Well I have a glad mount on a forgotten horde shaman, now can use it on my lock together to the new one I got ... No probs, I kinda like it.

As someone that has a gladiator mount on a warrior but no longer plays it because it's awful I like this change.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    If you got Rank 8 or higher in Vanilla you have the transmog unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    GM/HWL mog was killed of with the cheap replicas for 1800 RBG rating. One of the cruelest jokes from blizzard to compare 4+ consecutive months of 16h+ a day playtime with ONE single hour of RBG.
    It's just a bit more then one hour lol.

Kudos to all GM/HWL players that did it the old way and not just cheesed it in 2 weeks end of vanilla
    What cheese?

what a terrible change, class specific sure that would be good. But to spit in the face of multi classers like this. Youre going to kill your own game. I'm only gona play one toon from now on get glad and log off because theres no point in continuing and theres such a large gap to R1 from glad its not even worth attempting for most of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

I care about FOTM reroller and I hate them.

People buy less Gladiator Titles than before, because Account Sharing is no longer allowed. So your argument makes no sense. There are WAY less boosted Gladiators than previously (pre WOD).

PvE Endcontent Mounts being account wide is as bad. Imagine Jaine Mount not being useless because everyone can get it now lol.

I will feel bad if I see DKs/DHs on TBC Mounts. Sad this will be a reality. Time to replay TBC where 2.400 Mounts and 20000 Glad mounts on Trash Alts (and lvl 20 chars LOL) didnt exist

There will be even less class identity because the 100% trash addon WOD with zero content made people think it is normal to play 50 alts.

There will be even less competition on the ladder because it is literally 100% useless to play an alt