Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cede View Post
    The problem with the way Ion claims to see things is that isn't how the game has been played since basically BC with gem choices or LK and glyphs. Pick an expansion and a system and the players have ALWAYS gravitated to throughput being more important than personal identity. The highest throughput has always won out over personal identity for the VAST majority of players.

They are making a gigantic mistake here and it's a shame to see it unfold in real time. They have gone from if they can't balance it they will scrap it to it's a layer of personal identity and it's staying that way. What a shame.
    Luckily they have said recently that they are sticking to the idea of scrapping it if it fails, but they are arguing that because they haven't tuned it yet it hasn't failed. Which is true but most of the fanbase believes they will fail.

Launch "MeAnInGfUl ChOiCeS"

9.1 - We're listening...

Every fucking time.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    You can say it is silly because it is but that's not the point. Gatekeeping happens even at the mid-level and unless you have a steady, solid group of friends - and let's be honest, most people don't - yeah, you are at a big disadvantage.
    And even if all covenant abilities were equally balanced then people would still only invite people of a certain covenant because they "heard" it's BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    well its a big community problem, with all these resources, websites, addons, MDI, streamers/youtube/content creators and website tools like https://mplus.subcreation.net/index.html, if your spec is not in the A tier list you wont even get invited to +10s anymore because everyone is looking at sites like this thinking they are pro doing +25
    It's freaking sad, but this is the community now, this is why i stick to my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Oops, you picked the wrong covenant. Now you're permanently locked out of endgame raiding because your utility/damage skill is sub-par. The only thing that should be a permanent choice in this game is your class.
    Not only that, but we all know it will end up with Blizz messing up balance again, and after people have flocked to a fotm covenant, they will nerf it and buff others, leaving people enraged and unable to adapt. I've been saying it since they revealed it: Covenants is a cool concept, but ONLY if their strenghts are equal. Which they won't. So they'll end up being traps.

When a pug leaders asks if you are a certain spec over another, they can make associations about you as a player as that choice is easily changeable. Ion argues that when the choice is not easily changed, pug leaders can't necessarily judge your performance based on that choice.
    That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. He really thinks that is what will happen? Seriousy?

Preach is malding with every minute and I don't blame him.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CarefulCrepu...deerWholeWheat

Lmao, honestly so much respect for Preach for saying this kind of thing. No hand-holding question-fed interviews. Just blatant laughing AT Ion at this point.

e: On the bright side destructible conduits aren't going live - https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyBoxyVampireWoofer
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-07-17 at 06:00 PM.

"Press F for Shadowlands"

And yet y'all will still come back and play the game over and over again, each expansion, despite claiming an expansion is "dead", etc etc.

ffs people

I agree with preach, and yet, I think he's letting his emotions get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Because if there is no friction in changing then you basically you are going with the most boring cookie cutter option of every dk is always whatever flavor of the moment is with no differentiation between them. Wow has been trending this way for a long time so some push back more to actually having some choices that matter is nice.
    Blizzard themselves never allow cookie cutter options to work even without "meaningful choice". It was meaningful choice to spend all of those Echoes on the Versatile corruption, and as soon as it began to show popularity, Blizzard nerfed it. So what do you think is going to happen with Covenants? People will quickly find out which one is the most powerful - and thanks to Blizzard's poor ability to balance there will be one that is more powerful - and then Blizzard will nerf it. If history repeats itself, they will nerf it to the point that it's either useless, or another Convenant just simply performs better. What happens then when you have players who just invested all of their time on their main to a Convenant they chose for its performance? Do you think the majority of people would just make another one? Because personally, and I doubt I'm alone in this, if it were me in that position I would just quit the game.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preach got him hard.

You pick the wrong covenant and find out its not fun. Do I just delete my character and start over? I play this game to have fun. I didn't know I was getting married. Even then there is divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "Press F for Shadowlands"

And yet y'all will still come back and play the game over and over again, each expansion, despite claiming an expansion is "dead", etc etc.

ffs people
    If you raid or do m+ where else are you going to go? The only other game that has anything close to wow raiding is ffxiv but that's on a considerable lower level of the amount of content (which is find, they don't focus on hardcore). If you enjoy M+, gl, no mmo that i have knowledge of has it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    You pick the wrong covenant and find out its not fun. Do I just delete my character and start over? I play this game to have fun. I didn't know I was getting married. Even then there is divorce.
    They have said multiple times that if you make a wrong choice you can swap to a NEW covenant easy, but swapping back with have some restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can change it, it's just hard to change it back.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Luckily they have said recently that they are sticking to the idea of scrapping it if it fails, but they are arguing that because they haven't tuned it yet it hasn't failed. Which is true but most of the fanbase believes they will fail.
    Well Blizzard has pretty much crippled themselves with their current approach, which is not alot of people think they can pull it off. Their idea that all these abilities work the same for all specs of a class is just one of the major flaws. It would be something else entirely if they had fully customized them for each spec, but at most they just changed the ability that gets triggered or the ability that triggers something. Arcane blast will never be equal to frost bolt for example. To balance these they'd practically would need to make it so that arcane blast only deals 10% of it's damage to cleave targets, fireball 100% and frostbolt 140% or some rubbish like that. Their current approach just clearly shows they aren't willing to go that extra mile.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They have said since day one you can change your choice but
    It will take some effort.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder the % of mythic players, casual players, roleplayer and ocasionally online peeps.

Cause I have the feeling that almost everything Blizzards gives to its players must be changed just for a 10-20% of the playerbase.

Just a feeling. Dont know any numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I wonder the % of mythic players, casual players, roleplayer and ocasionally online peeps.

Cause I have the feeling that almost everything Blizzards gives to its players must be changed just for a 10-20% of the playerbase.

Just a feeling. Dont know any numbers.
    More like 1-2%, maybe not even that. But a lot more people min-max just to copy them or for the sake of min-maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They have said since day one you can change your choice but
    It will take some effort.
    Apparently as of now, dropping a covenant is easy but respeccing to it is hard. But the covenant you leave keeps your valor cap (renown) progression in case you swap back.

So nobody's going to be locked into a bad ability if a patch makes it bad.