10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I imagine volatility is a huge issue under trump as well. This Coronavirus pandemic that trump has dropped down a flight of stairs every step of the way isn’t good for a lot of people’s bottom line.

Trump has no policy to speak of beyond whatever occurs to him second to second. It’s hard to gauge what’s a good investment or how well a company is going to perform if Trump suddenly decides there needs to be a tariff or he screws up relations with some essential foreign governance or if threats to withhold funding from some entity. And as I said, those things aren’t based on any concrete doctrine or position... just a senile old man’s whims.

Tax cuts mean less of the money you earn is taken back, sure, but... if you don’t know if where you’re getting money from in the first place is going to be reliable or even exist, what good do tax breaks do you?
    Volatility is a mixed blessing to wall street. Investment Bankers generally love it, the big corporations hate it. However chaos and trade wars are hated by everyone. Trump was useful to them for the cash handouts and short term rollbacks. However another 4 years of this shit is not going to be good for business, and that is putting it mildly. The Mooch isn't campaigning against Trump because he became a sudden liberal.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You're damn right i'm going to dismiss this guy's forecast... Basing your entire forecast model on the margins of the primary is stupid. It was also locked in stone in March....
    Of course. He still maintains his prediction at the present. Time shall tell. And 91% is not 100%.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Did you guys hear about joe biden getting toronto to ban catholic communions?? the real news with laura ingraham was SHOCKING!
    https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/st...72755424616449

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    This will be an important election for the western world. We will finally know if the western world have to ditch its reliance on the United states as its super power. And i dont mean just Trump not being elected. If Biden wins but fails to make sure America can no longer fall to idiocracy the damage will still be the same. The EU will have to finally get off its Laurel or face the asia take over. This will have long term repercusions. Biden will need to be more then just "hes not trump" in his actions or idiocracy is never really gone and its just postponing the next stage. I remind you just going back to "Obama" era is not the goal Biden should go for either, Obama Era is right before you dropped down to retarded tier. So going back to pre retarded tier doesent solve the impending possibility of going back to it after biden.

Holding the last white house administration accountable, is at the top of the list.
    only system to ensure this is some way of gatekeeping who can gain power/who can vote
    bring back the old primary system where it was chosen by party elites
    or enact some sort of voter literacy test that asks basic questions about civics and government similar to the ones naturalized immigrants pass
    https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...ations/100q.pd
    I prefer both honestly
    if we keep letting low information voters who get info from Q on 4chan and facebook memes run our country we are sure to be screwed

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Did you guys hear about joe biden getting toronto to ban catholic communions?? the real news with laura ingraham was SHOCKING!
    And as I posted in the other thread, she was also lying about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Just for that, I think we should take away Toronto's vote this Presidential Election! Probably should take away the rest of Ontario's vote just to be sure! They can still vote for Prime Minister of course, I am not cruel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And as I posted in the other thread, she was also lying about that.
    And even if she wasn't, and even if Toronto was in the United States, it would still have jack to do with Joe Biden, who is not the Pope. Even if Laura paid attention in Geography class, AND reported actual facts, it still wouldn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course. He still maintains his prediction at the present. Time shall tell. And 91% is not 100%.
    Time won't tell shit, his reasoning will be idiotic whether Trump wins or not.

The problem with his model is that primaries these two past cycles (2016 and 2020) have been very different than the previous 20 years, except maaaaaaaaybe 2008 between Obama/Clinton. In both, the challenging party's primaries were wide and fractured - Trump never won a majority in any primary, iirc, but because the field was so fractured, he won a plurality. Meanwhile, outside of the Dem primaries in 2008, primaries on both sides are usually uncontentious, dull affairs. The party has a favorite person, and they just naturally rise to the top. That is how McCain and Romney rose to the top of the GOP tickets, and even Obama rose to the top after Clinton got defeated fairly early and rallied support around Obama. John Kerry was pretty much a consensus, as was Al Gore/Bush Jr. before them, and Bob Dole in 96, and Clinton in '92.

Long, dragged out primaries have been only a thing of these past two cycles, so predicting anything based on primary season means very little. The fractured primary produced a winner last time. Will that pattern hold? One would think winning a fractured primary race would be harmful come general election time, but none of that logic held up for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    This will be an important election for the western world. We will finally know if the western world have to ditch its reliance on the United states as its super power. And i dont mean just Trump not being elected. If Biden wins but fails to make sure America can no longer fall to idiocracy the damage will still be the same. The EU will have to finally get off its Laurel or face the asia take over. This will have long term repercusions. Biden will need to be more then just "hes not trump" in his actions or idiocracy is never really gone and its just postponing the next stage. I remind you just going back to "Obama" era is not the goal Biden should go for either, Obama Era is right before you dropped down to retarded tier. So going back to pre retarded tier doesent solve the impending possibility of going back to it after biden.

Holding the last white house administration accountable, is at the top of the list.
    Two of our last three Presidents have been Trump and Bush. And at this late date it is not clear that Trump won't win re-election.

So yeah even if Biden wins, EU is likely to make... adjustments... to the way they approach the rest of the world, especially the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    And even if she wasn't, and even if Toronto was in the United States, it would still have jack to do with Joe Biden, who is not the Pope. Even if Laura paid attention in Geography class, AND reported actual facts, it still wouldn't make sense.
    That all goes without saying. Everyone who read it seems to have already dismissed that point pretty much automatically. It was icing on the cake that she 1) evidently didn't know Toronto isn't an American city and 2) was completely wrong about what was happening anyway.

His prediction may end up right, but everyone with even a half functioning brain is gonna dismiss him because his reasoning is enough to give someone brain damage.

Trump's language really is getting darker and darker. I'm not sure he himself understands the absurdly racist undertones of what he is reading off a prompter. Like Biden unleashing the urban masses into the suburbs to drive down poor white suburbians' home values, lol. It's bizarrely out of touch and pathetically unconvincing.

Sure Miller is probably living his dream right now, but this is almost sabotage. If this is what a desperate Trump looks like we don't have much to worry about tbh. Even stupidity has its limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Trump's language really is getting darker and darker. I'm not sure he himself understands the absurdly racist undertones of what he is reading off a prompter. Like Biden unleashing the urban masses into the suburbs to drive down poor white suburbians' home values, lol. It's bizarrely out of touch and pathetically unconvincing.

Sure Miller is probably living his dream right now, but this is almost sabotage. If this is what a desperate Trump looks like we don't have much to worry about tbh. Even stupidity has its limits.
    It's not sabotage. He's speaking to a key part of his base that actually believes this stuff because they too are racist as hell. Trump's at the point where he has no real record to campaign on, and current events are a dumpster fire the size of the Pacific trash heap, so he's gotta use another angle. The culture war is that other angle, and all his recent behavior (Goya, the Confederacy, statues, this, dishwashers etc.) all have nothing to do with any actual policies or his record, but they all squarely fit in with the ongoing monumentally stupid culture war.

This appears to be his campaign strategy and...that's literally it. Nothing more sophisticated than holding up a can of frijoles to own the libs.

It's a double whammy of stupid because toronto isn't even banning catholic communion, they are just altering it to make it safer. But the big brains at breitbart spun it that they banned it, and the idiot ingraham took it and ran it in a new kind of lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's a double whammy of stupid because toronto isn't even banning catholic communion, they are just altering it to make it safer. But the big brains at breitbart spun it that they banned it, and the idiot ingraham took it and ran it in a new kind of lunacy.
    IIRC the story originated from Big League Politics...the consistently wrong and conspiracy theory heavy conservative blog best know for being wrong on almost everything - https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/big-league-politics/

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IIRC the story originated from Big League Politics...the consistently wrong and conspiracy theory heavy conservative blog best know for being wrong on almost everything - https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/big-league-politics/
    No you are right, but Big League Politics was founded by a bunch of former breitbart employee's so i just lump them all in the same conspiracy lunatic pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Volatility is a mixed blessing to wall street. Investment Bankers generally love it, the big corporations hate it. However chaos and trade wars are hated by everyone. Trump was useful to them for the cash handouts and short term rollbacks. However another 4 years of this shit is not going to be good for business, and that is putting it mildly. The Mooch isn't campaigning against Trump because he became a sudden liberal.
    I think all those CEOs and Wall Street types just don't like having to suck up to somebody who they think is a blithering idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    So yeah even if Biden wins, EU is likely to make... adjustments... to the way they approach the rest of the world, especially the US.
    I've said for a while that if I was one of the US's allies, I wouldn't so much base my actions on who comes after Trump, but who comes after that.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

John Lewis died tonight. A true Civil Rights icon. Figured this was the closest thread to mention it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I've said for a while that if I was one of the US's allies, I wouldn't so much base my actions on who comes after Trump, but who comes after that.
    Agreed. Even if Biden wins, takes a knee after one term, whomever we elect in 2024 is going to be a pivotal moment for the United States.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Two of our last three Presidents have been Trump and Bush. And at this late date it is not clear that Trump won't win re-election.

On a foreign joint defense PoV using Bush is bad here. Tbh using Obama would be better.
    NATO and the EU knew that Bush had their back. Obama was less sure of that. Can we be sure he wouldn't have tried to talk first while troops were marching into Denmark? (example).
    Bush would send the troops instantly from the PoV most Europeans had of the man. (Even if he was a fucking moron about iraq).
    - Lars